Author Topic: Jacksonville Jaguars "Marriage Test" For Free Agents  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Jacksonville Jaguars "Marriage Test" For Free Agents
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »

One NFL team really believes the saying that behind every successful man is a great woman.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have decided to employ a new strategy when it comes to evaluating free agents. Forget the bad boys, above all else they want players with outstanding wives.

Executives in the Jaguars' front office believe good football players have happy and healthy marriages.

Shahid Khan, the Jaguars' brand new owner, took the concept he'd used to make his riches in the auto-parts business. Khan said he attempts to meet all of the spouses of his employees, even going as far as to take the significant others on company retreats.

The Wall Street Journal reports GM Gene Smith, in a way, took the concept from college recruiting. On the NCAA level, parents are always involved with top recruits, now the Jags have substituted wives for parents.

Mike Mularkey, the Jaguars' new head coach, stressed free agents that have a good family life would become a priority. "If you're happy at home with your wife at home, I think the energy level is higher," Mularkey told the Wall Street Journal. "It's very important to me...There's a lot that goes with being married. I just believe the happier you are with your wife, the happier you are on the field. I really believe that."

Receiver Laurent Robinson was traveling around the NFL last month when he was stunned to find out the Jaguars wanted his wife to come with him on the visit. "I never planned to go," Robinson's wife, Kat told the Wall Street Journal. "They asked him to bring me. We've been in the league five years; I never knew of anything like that. They said, 'We want your wife to come.'"… "He doesn't go out, we're homebodies, we're both in bed early at night and live a simple life. He even helps out around the house; he does the dishes."

Free agent QB Chad Henne was accompanied by his wife Brittany on a free agent visit to the largest city by area in the contiguous United States. The Henne's have been together since junior high school. In a comment that figures to draw sarcastic reaction on social media, Brittany tells the Wall Street Journal she helps her husband study his playbook and memorize QB hand signals.

Kat Robinson and Brittany Henne were each given special tours of the teams facility, as well as a few special perks. The ladies visited the beach and grabbed lunch with Mularkey's wife Betsy. In addition, the Jags hooked the women up with massages at the hotel.

All things considered having a wonderful wife has never been so profitable. Jacksonville rewarded Henne with $7 million for the next two-years, Robinson picked up even more, grabbing a $32 million contract over five-years.

Ben Maller

---SOURCE---

Shahid Khan
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Jacksonville Jaguars "Marriage Test" For Free Agents
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
If it works, why not? :???:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »
This strategy sure beats the hell out of the thug stupidity we see so much of.  Good on 'em!
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »
IIRC, the Colorado Rockies also stress living a Christian way of life.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »
Over/Under on when Tebow goes to the Jags?

I give it 2 yrs

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »
Over/Under on when Tebow goes to the Jags?

I give it 2 yrs
Lookin' like a good fit right now.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »
We'll see what happens. I wish the best for a struggling Jags team.

even going as far as to take the significant others on company retreats.

Not my girlfriend/wife, he wouldn't. I'm just not that trusting.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!