Author Topic: American woman dies after being shot near San Fernando, Tamaulipas  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Authorities are investigating the death of an American woman who was allegedly shot near San Fernando and came across the Pharr International Bridge seeking help.
Investigators told Action 4 News that 59-year-old Nancy Shuman Davis is dead following an incident that around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Davis' husband told investigators that they were traveling on a highway outside San Fernando when they were confronted by a group of armed men.
He told police that he sped off and that the gunmen opened fire wounding his wife in the head.
The man said he sped back to the United States where he asked for help at the bridge. The victim and her spouse are missionaries and travel extensively into Mexico.
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/01/american-woman-dies-after-being-shot.html

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: American woman dies after being shot near San Fernando, Tamaulipas
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »

And I heard about that on the Local AM news today.  I am saddened by this event, but I am happy that at least they are speaking of this on TV and radio, in locally syndicated markets, in the same state.   :thatsright:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
That's sad.
Someone loses their life to scumbags trying to do good for that Country. That is sad.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »

Interesting as the comments to the report raised some good questions for me and others that like a real mystery.

First she was driving, how did the husband take controll of the car?

Why were they not chased by the criminals?

Then why take a new truck into an area where they knew was full of danger?

People that know that area say there are a couple of stop sites maned by the police and at least one toll booth.

One commenter claims to know and or worked with the couple.

Very interesting story and I bet we will never know just went down on that day.