Author Topic: We are f#(%!#g doomed!  (Read 15999 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: We are f#(%!#g doomed!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
DUmmies, your democrat controlled Congress has record lows approval ratings.  I think it was 26% at last check.  You are done. finished. finito.

We're taking over.....You are belong to us... :evillaugh:

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
The problem I have with
No I meant "son" from the standpoint that it seems almost impossible to me that you can have been around politics as long as you claim to, and can still believe that there's a pony somewhere beneath this pile of shit we're being served by BOTH parties.

I didn't mean to imply that no "singular" politician could make the changes that are necessary to keep the country afloat and this people off of each other's throats.  I mean that there isn't ANY POLITICIAN, ANYWHERE that WOULD do it, because every pollster, lobbyist, advisor and party leadership out there is furiously whispering in the ear of anybody who might that it's the wrong path to go down.  None of them will do it; not the incumbents, sure as shit not the newbies currently running for the incumbents seats in November, because none of them believe that the US is really as deep in the shit as we are.  You might be able to find one or two who give the right lip service to cutting the size of government, but when push comes to shove, none of them will propose legislation for it, and none of them will back any legislation authorizing it because they are too deeply addicted to the power that a big government gives them over the lives of individual American citizens.

Again, in a normal world I would agree with you...but we've never had a genuine communist occupy the presidency and the majority of both houses of congress, and we've never had the amount of repression disguised as compassion...not even close!

This is not really a discussion that either of us will agree upon. Of course, I understand human nature, including greed, self-worth/promotion, saying one thing and meaning another, etc. And I can see what power can do to even those with the grandest of purported conservative ideals. 1994 through 1996 is the prime example of that little phenomenon.

But this is not about simply turning back Hillarycare and a mid-level recession. This is about a fundemental change to the way the country does business. That is the way that I see it, anyway.

I understand your pessimism and cynicism. And with RINO's as the dominant factor of the republican movement, your view would certainly be a no-brainer to hold.

But I saw that spark that started with the Palin nomination. Unwittingly, in my opinion, McCain opened up a movement that is not going to slow down in the next few years, in my opinion. While Rick Santilli iconicized the tea party analogy, it opened far more eyes to conservatism than has ever been opened before (though I sense a lot more libertarian influence as well). And if Obama doesn't play his cards absolutely brilliantly, this movement must continue. The next presidential nominee from the GOP will certainly be no RINO this time around.

Bottom line: You think the new Congress will succumb to big-government power. I say they won't, at least not to the point where they score nearer McCain than to Reagan. Only time will tell.

One note about Reagan:  I know Reagan ended up increasing the size of government on his watch. I get that argument all the time. But look at the Congress he had to deal with, not to mention the singular, omniscient mainstream media heavily against him at nearly every turn. Relatively, he was definitely conservative.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 06:18:10 PM »
DUmmies, your democrat controlled Congress has record lows approval ratings.  I think it was 26% at last check.  You are done. finished. finito.

We're taking over.....You are belong to us... :evillaugh:

I cannot wait to watch the meltdown, especially the meltdowns of batshit crazies like BanTheGOP  :-)
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:51 PM »
And, for some reason, the Republican Party gave us Bob Dole who ran poor campaign.

The "old boy network" said, "It's his turn." 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »
The problem I have with
Again, in a normal world I would agree with you...but we've never had a genuine communist occupy the presidency and the majority of both houses of congress, and we've never had the amount of repression disguised as compassion...not even close!

Maybe not communist, but this country has been ruled by a close cousin to communism. Woodrow Wilson, one of the original progressives, turned this country into near-fascist dictatorship during his reign. He suppressed dissent and controlled the economy through his War Industries Board.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:29:58 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 07:19:37 PM »
If you got an hour or so to kill, just read his entire blog history...

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/BanTheGOP

If he's a mole, he couldn't have lasted this long, in my opinion. He's more likely a Pitt mole than independent.

I so dearly hope that we retake control of Congress come November, if for no other reason than to have DUmmie BanTheGOP choke to death on his own bile....

He/she/it is a disgusting, vile, stupid, mindless, dickless, hapless, hopeless piece of monkey shit....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
You DUmmies might be in trouble but alot of us over here will survive even if we have to live off the damn land to do it.  
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »
This liberal is all about social... I mean.... basically... taking over.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »
He really is insane, he's blaming Prop 14 in California on Republicans yet the Republicans are fighting it and the majority of people in California voted for it and the majority of voters are registered Democrats/Independents.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »
Maybe not communist, but this country has been ruled by a close cousin to communism. Woodrow Wilson, one of the original progressives, turned this country into near-fascist dictatorship during his reign. He suppressed dissent and controlled the economy through his War Industries Board.

You watch Glenn Beck too huh?!?   :-)

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »

Don't forget to mention how FDR's New Deal facilitated isolationist policies accelerated Japan's and Germany's warmaking governments that resulted in WWII. But I digress.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 09:16:27 PM »
^ Throw me in that pile as well, BEG. Love watching far left loons go crazy trying to discredit anything he says, but fail miserably. So, they have to resort to attempted character assination. Same with Coulter, actually.

Coulter and Beck are just too well researched, and it stymies the left. :-).

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 09:20:22 PM »
^ Throw me in that pile as well, BEG. Love watching far left loons go crazy trying to discredit anything he says, but fail miserably. So, they have to resort to attempted character assination. Same with Coulter, actually.

Coulter and Beck are just too well researched, and it stymies the left. :-).

Ditto. I like both. I also read Jonah Goldberg's Liberal Fascism.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
I just love Ann Coulter, you've got to love a woman with more cajones then most elected Republican males.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »
I just love Ann Coulter, you've got to love a woman with more cajones then most elected Republican males.

That, and I find her to be extraordinarily hot.  :drool:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »

+1

That, and I find her to be extraordinarily hot.  :drool:

+1  :heart: :drool:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
Ditto. I like both. I also read Jonah Goldberg's Liberal Fascism.

I'm going to order "The Road to Serfdom" by Hayek, did you watch that show the other day?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 11:49:40 PM »
DOOOOOOMED!!!
:panic:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »

I've learned more from watching him for an hour each day (I DVR it) than I did in all my college history classes. And I loved history, took every class I could and when I ran out of classes I did two semesters of independent study (one on Mammy Pleasant, an absolutely fascinating & strong woman). I also have quite the summer reading list.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 12:01:37 AM »
I've learned more from watching him for an hour each day (I DVR it) than I did in all my college history classes. And I loved history, took every class I could and when I ran out of classes I did two semesters of independent study (one on Mammy Pleasant, an absolutely fascinating & strong woman). I also have quite the summer reading list.

Cindie

Don't you just LOVE Founder's Fridays?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 04:30:21 AM »
Don't you just LOVE Founder's Fridays?

My wife loves Beck.  And now that Nick Jr. changed its programming schedule, there's no conflict with any of our daughter's programming, so both of them watch it.  I have an AA meeting at that time.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »
I'm going to order "The Road to Serfdom" by Hayek, did you watch that show the other day?

I will have to read The Road to Serfdom.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »
You DUmmies might be in trouble but alot of us over here will survive even if we have to live off the damn land to do it. 

I figure I can support about 30 people on my little paradise in the wilderness. Of course you have to supply your own weapons and ammunition!

Oh and also have to pledge to protect your brethren!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »
I figure I can support about 30 people on my little paradise in the wilderness. Of course you have to supply your own weapons and ammunition!

Oh and also have to pledge to protect your brethren!

If worse came to worst, I've got my eyes on a little island in the middle of a lake in the Rocky Mountains if I were forced to abandon my current domecile and fend for my own - national forest land, technically; that I intend to quietly appropriate in the event of an actual emergency.  It's got enough land to support a few other families there, and the approaches are at least a mile of open water to get to it, and similar rules would apply: bring your own weapons and ammo, and be prepared to go to work with me to make it work for us.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »
If worse came to worst, I've got my eyes on a little island in the middle of a lake in the Rocky Mountains if I were forced to abandon my current domecile and fend for my own - national forest land, technically; that I intend to quietly appropriate in the event of an actual emergency.  It's got enough land to support a few other families there, and the approaches are at least a mile of open water to get to it, and similar rules would apply: bring your own weapons and ammo, and be prepared to go to work with me to make it work for us.

Well I have 160 acres, with a paved road to the front of the property, enough ground that 75 acres can be cultivated, and also a 30 acre island in the middle of one of the deepest lakes in N. Idaho with 7 cabins, to fall back on if we need to.

Once you get far enough north, it weeds out a whole hell of a lot of the "welfare" recipients!

30 of us can feed around 400!

All we need is a way to refine re-loading and keep it happening! SAVE YOU BRASS!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!