Author Topic: Calling all Zune owners  (Read 6727 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Calling all Zune owners
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:06:21 AM »
This is what the software is telling me right now when I try to sign in:

"A secure channel could not be established. The server certificate is revoked or the revocation list cannot be retrieved

No one on the Zune.net site is responding to me, and I'm at my wits end as to what to do...  Why didn't I just get a ****ing iPod?  :bawl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Calling all Zune owners
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 12:18:38 AM »
Typical Microsoft support... the first thing I found is "reboot the device".
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:28:07 AM »
Typical Microsoft support... the first thing I found is "reboot the device".

I'm going to attempt a system restore, but I feel like such an idiot, I forgot how to do it. :( 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:29:37 AM »
I'm going to attempt a system restore, but I feel like such an idiot, I forgot how to do it. :( 

Have you tried rebooting it?  Does a system restore erase all your stuff?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:52:27 AM »
Have you tried rebooting it?  Does a system restore erase all your stuff?

I rebooted at least 3 times already.

I also tried taking my computer back to a month ago with the system restore to see if I could catch the "corruption" that MS is saying occurred. Now, the software refuses to open at all. I'm thinking its time for a new computer.  It's like my computer is a body rejecting an organ transplant or something. :(

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:58:11 AM »
Can you get to Microsoft's website (microsoft.com)?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »
Can you get to Microsoft's website (microsoft.com)?

I can get to Zune.net and sign in, but there's nothing on there that is able to solve my problem. I've checked MS too, but they don't have anything that works.  I tried an update for the Zune Client, and it failed.

I'm going to have to buy a new laptop.  I don't want to keep dealing with this shit anymore.  And I'm thinking of turning this computer into a target for my uncle's AR-15.  That's all this POS Sony is good for, anyway.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 01:09:15 AM »
You can send it to me.  I can always use a laptop.  :p

I'll keep looking for a solution to your problem.  Have you checked your firewall?  Has your school blocked Zune/iPod servers?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:13:14 AM »
You can send it to me.  I can always use a laptop.  :p

I'll keep looking for a solution to your problem.  Have you checked your firewall?  Has your school blocked Zune/iPod servers?

Not that I'm aware of.  I was using the software just fine up until a few days ago.  I bought some music and downloaded it LEGALLY.  So if the school did something to the network, could that make them liable if it proved to have damaged my laptop?

BTW, I've tried to remove the software in the system restore mode, and now it refuses to do so.  I guess I'll have to remove EVERYTHING from the computer.  :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 02:14:55 AM »
Guess I will ask for an iPod 80 GB for my birthday, and beat the 80 GB Zune into oblivion.  **** Microsoft! 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 02:37:48 AM »
This laptop is done. NO ONE will be getting this piece of crap unless an offer can be made.

I cannot afford to just clear it of everything. I will lose all my music, my Microsoft Office 2007 (disc was stolen...can't afford another)

The software will not cooperate, and neither will Microsoft, so why even bother continuing... I've lost all access to my music library and will never get it back... I have to buy it all over again when I get a new computer.  Sayonara, Sony! 

If anyone actually wants this thing, they had better come pick it up themselves... I'm not shipping it, and I will not be the one to drive to its new home. I don't have time for that shit.

Also, it can't go anywhere until the new laptop arrives.  I'll probably just order something off of Amazon, if the price is right (and see if I can get my dad to help me with being able to afford it). 

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 06:04:07 AM »
This laptop is done. NO ONE will be getting this piece of crap unless an offer can be made.

I cannot afford to just clear it of everything. I will lose all my music, my Microsoft Office 2007 (disc was stolen...can't afford another)

The software will not cooperate, and neither will Microsoft, so why even bother continuing... I've lost all access to my music library and will never get it back... I have to buy it all over again when I get a new computer.  Sayonara, Sony! 

If anyone actually wants this thing, they had better come pick it up themselves... I'm not shipping it, and I will not be the one to drive to its new home. I don't have time for that shit.

Also, it can't go anywhere until the new laptop arrives.  I'll probably just order something off of Amazon, if the price is right (and see if I can get my dad to help me with being able to afford it). 
When was the lat time you reimaged your computer? If you are running Windows xp and have the restore disc there is an option to do a complete system restore with a backup! I just did it to mine and was able to save all of my music and movies to a backup file on my hard drive.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »
When was the lat time you reimaged your computer? If you are running Windows xp and have the restore disc there is an option to do a complete system restore with a backup! I just did it to mine and was able to save all of my music and movies to a backup file on my hard drive.
I haven't done that in awhile.  The computer is only 2 and a half years old.

I don't have a restore disc anymore.  The only way I was able to revive my laptop before (when the hard drive crashed) was using an XP Service Pack 2 disc loaned to me by family... and now my computer runs on Service Pack 3 (recent update)... don't have a disc for that.   

I'm pretty much screwed... damned if I do, damned if I don't. :(

Offline guest

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 11:19:21 AM »
Okay, I tried the last thing I could think of....clearing up the disk space... IT WORKED! Zune software is now open for business again.  :yahoo:

Feel free to call me a blonde now.   :p

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:20:58 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »
Okay, I tried the last thing I could think of....clearing up the disk space... IT WORKED! Zune software is now open for business again.  :yahoo:

Feel free to call me a blonde now.   :p

It sounds like you might need to delete some things from the hard drive , otherwise it may happen again pretty soon.

I have an 8gig Sansa Fuze, which plays MP3, OGG, FLAC, WMA, secure WMA, WAV, Audible, MPEG4 .  Just drag and drop the files to the player. Also it has a microSD slot for extended memory.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 11:35:55 AM »
It sounds like you might need to delete some things from the hard drive , otherwise it may happen again pretty soon.

I have an 8gig Sansa Fuze, which plays MP3, OGG, FLAC, WMA, secure WMA, WAV, Audible, MPEG4 .  Just drag and drop the files to the player. Also it has a microSD slot for extended memory.

Yeah, I plan on doing that later.  #1, though, is to get Google Earth off of my laptop ASAP. It's a BIG hog of resources, and I don't use it anymore. :thatsright:  It lost its entertainment value a long time ago. 

I'm still in the market for an external hard-drive to back up my music and MS Office files, so if this does happen again, I'll be better prepared.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »
Yeah, I plan on doing that later.  #1, though, is to get Google Earth off of my laptop ASAP. It's a BIG hog of resources, and I don't use it anymore. :thatsright:  It lost its entertainment value a long time ago. 

I'm still in the market for an external hard-drive to back up my music and MS Office files, so if this does happen again, I'll be better prepared.
You can get a terabyte external hd for about $100 they are very reasonable now!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!