Author Topic: New Server  (Read 11932 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: New Server
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »
It's still going way too ****in' slow. This is just about as bad as CrapSpace.  :banghead:

It's not installed yet, sir.

We're still at the old place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 01:12:16 AM »
Um, guys, I am actually trying to do something about it. Just sayin'  :uhsure:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 09:32:20 AM »
Um, guys, I am actually trying to do something about it. Just sayin'  :uhsure:
We know man, I feel your pain.

Why don't you go with a solution like 1&1 vs doing all the hosting yourself?  It's like $4 a month.  It's where I host full-auto.org and other sites I've had over the last 5 years or so.  Hell, the first 3 years was free.  Maybe they're running another promotion.

I used to run full-auto out of my house on a Dell server I bought.  I got tired of it hogging my bandwidth and having to race home when I was out having fun to kick the box because it died for some unknown reason (gotta love vintage Windows servers).

Either way, I know you'll get it sorted out.


Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »
Purchased today:

2 of these:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136010

Don't know what memory is installed because it takes DDR 266, DDR 333, or DDR3 400, so I'm going to have to wait until I receive the server Thursday.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 02:26:11 PM »
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@conservativescave.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've gotten this a few times today...


Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
I've gotten this a few times today...

There are many other sites on the same server hogging a lot of the processing power. This is one of the reasons we're purchasing our own server.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »
Are we there yet?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 08:43:26 AM »
Are we there yet?

I have RAID set up, the OS set up, and have access available to those that will be working with it, but we still have a little ways to go. We're building from scratch. Still have to harden the server and install smf.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 06:41:02 AM »
HA!  Found you.

Got a "page not found" from the old site name.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 08:05:40 AM »
HA!  Found you.

:confused: Huh? No f'n way. We did a redirect from conservativeScave to conservativecave.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 08:08:49 AM »
HA!  Found you.

:confused: Huh? No f'n way. We did a redirect from conservativeScave to conservativecave.

My bookmark did not redirect either.  And what happened to spell check?  :uhsure:

Offline Flame

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 08:20:30 AM »
I didn't get a re-direct, either.  Hope we don't lose anyone!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 08:20:35 AM »
HA!  Found you.

Yep, bookmark did not work.  Thought you might need to know that.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 08:26:09 AM »
Yep, bookmark did not work.  Thought you might need to know that.

Worked for me at home at at work. Are you guys on the West Coast? Might not have resolved to those dns servers yet.

Offline Flame

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 08:35:59 AM »

Worked for me at home at at work. Are you guys on the West Coast? Might not have resolved to those dns servers yet.

I'm on the east coast.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »

Should perhaps consider a mass mailing to members directing them to this site (sans s) before too much time elapses.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »
HA!  Found you.

My bookmark did not redirect either.  And what happened to spell check?  :uhsure:

Noone has spell check?? Maybe will use you're internal spell chek
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
HA!  Found you.

Noone has spell check?? Maybe will use you're internal spell chek

No, I check with Noone.  His spell check isn't there either.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2008, 11:55:50 AM »
I tried the old "s" address and got sent directly here.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »
I tried the old "s" address and got sent directly here.

that is the redirect we put up on the old site;  however, dreamhost has to be up for it to work.  maybe we should change the DNS for the old name to point here . . . . . dreamhost is totally going down tonight at midnight for (what they say will be) 12 hours.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »
that is the redirect we put up on the old site;  however, dreamhost has to be up for it to work.  maybe we should change the DNS for the old name to point here . . . . . dreamhost is totally going down tonight at midnight for (what they say will be) 12 hours.

Probably not a bad idea.