Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 107619 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Prayer requests
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
Excellent points.  But since it takes 5-7 days for confirmation anyway, why schedule more testing until they know for sure?

Wishful thinking?

Don't know, but the times that I've had a bad mammogram, I left the radiologist's office with an appointment with the surgeon. When a friend's breast cancer was discovered, (she got her mammograms at Thompson Cancer Center) they did a needle biopsy on her before she even left the office from having her mammogram. I switched to TCC because it's a "one-stop" place, everything except the surgery itself is done there. The surgery is done at the hospital across the street.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
I would like to request prayer for me, as well as my boyfriend.

As I've mentioned before, I have been laid off twice since January 2009. I am currently working as a waitress at the local Waffle House. This allows me to have gas money an grocery money, as well as some bill money; but it is not enough (I'm making about 10.00/hour less than my last job). I have just created a Linkedin account in the hopes that it may catch someone's eye. Keep my job search in your prayers, please.

Also, my boyfriend is a plumber. Business has picked up some in the last 6 months; but he has done something to his back. He has not been able to work in a month, and he has no insurance. I am worried to death about him. He has had back problems off and on for years; but nothing this bad and this prolonged. He's been to the ER twice and a doctor once; but no one wants to give him an X-Ray or MRI. Please pray that he gets some relief from his pain.

I fully believe that God puts us through trials for a reason; and I am leaning heavily on that belief right now. I know He has a purpose; and that purpose may never be revealed to me, but it's getting harder and harder to keep my spirits up.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:43 AM »
I would like to request prayer for me, as well as my boyfriend.

As I've mentioned before, I have been laid off twice since January 2009. I am currently working as a waitress at the local Waffle House. This allows me to have gas money an grocery money, as well as some bill money; but it is not enough (I'm making about 10.00/hour less than my last job). I have just created a Linkedin account in the hopes that it may catch someone's eye. Keep my job search in your prayers, please.

Also, my boyfriend is a plumber. Business has picked up some in the last 6 months; but he has done something to his back. He has not been able to work in a month, and he has no insurance. I am worried to death about him. He has had back problems off and on for years; but nothing this bad and this prolonged. He's been to the ER twice and a doctor once; but no one wants to give him an X-Ray or MRI. Please pray that he gets some relief from his pain.

I fully believe that God puts us through trials for a reason; and I am leaning heavily on that belief right now. I know He has a purpose; and that purpose may never be revealed to me, but it's getting harder and harder to keep my spirits up.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

I've mentioned this before, but when I was going through a really horrible time, several years ago, I opened up an email that was one of those "chain letter" things which I never respond to, but for some reason I scrolled all the way to the very bottom of the page - past the sender's name and info.

Underneath the sender's info was a line in italics....

If God brings you to it, He will get you through it.

I have no idea why I scrolled through that email on that particular day, but I am so grateful that I did.

Have faith...

in the meantime, I will send prayers for you and yours.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »
Midterms this week. Pray for wisdom.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
Midterms this week. Pray for wisdom.

god helps those that help themselves.  Study hard.

Good luck.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »
Don't doubt yourself, or your knowledge and ability, you will do just fine.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2012, 03:06:07 AM »
You will do fine....and we send prayers

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
I'd like prayers for Monte Rice (uncle by marriage). As some of you may remember, Monte has been fighting Prostrate cancer for a few years. It came back earlier this year and after trying different treatments, it's not showing any signs of remission, and is spreading.

I don't think he has long, but the family isn't talking about it.

This is more for his spirit, family and friends.

Thanks.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Dori

« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
Done.  All my prayers for your Uncle's remission and your family at this difficult time. 

And for all you men to go get your PSA tests scheduled today.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
Done.  All my prayers for your Uncle's remission and your family at this difficult time. 

And for all you men to go get your PSA tests scheduled today.

Yes.  That right there.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
2nd.

Amen.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »
I'd like prayers for Monte Rice (uncle by marriage). As some of you may remember, Monte has been fighting Prostrate cancer for a few years. It came back earlier this year and after trying different treatments, it's not showing any signs of remission, and is spreading.

I don't think he has long, but the family isn't talking about it.

This is more for his spirit, family and friends.

Thanks.

Up. Prayers for comfort and peace!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »
The mother of a childhood friend was taken to the hospital today.  When her family found her, she wasn't breathing.

I don't have any new information.  She's in the ICU at the hospital down the street.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:45:05 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2012, 07:00:46 AM »
The mother of a childhood friend was taken to the hospital today.  When her family found her, she wasn't breathing.

I don't have any new information.  She's in the ICU at the hospital down the street.

Prayers up Chris. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2012, 12:34:41 PM »
I got a cryptic message on Facebook that doesn't make any sense.  I don't think they expect her to survive. :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »
So sorry, Chris.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
Prayers up.

I got one, my Sister's dad, my ex-step dad has a wonderful job opportunity to get him out of a bad situation financially.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »
My friend Josh is in the hospital. He's only in his early 20s but he has an enlarged heart and needs a transplant. He's been in the hospital for about 18-20 hours now. We're all kind of bummed out at the college right now.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2013, 11:42:49 AM »
My friend Josh is in the hospital. He's only in his early 20s but he has an enlarged heart and needs a transplant. He's been in the hospital for about 18-20 hours now.

Whoa, prayers upstairs, CC. To be twenty-something and have ticker trouble is definitely something to put in God's loving hands.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
Whoa, prayers upstairs, CC. To be twenty-something and have ticker trouble is definitely something to put in God's loving hands.

Indeed.  Prayers up from CC, and I will let my Mom and SIL know, they have a multi-faith international prayer chain.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »
Prayers for Josh. And for you and his other friends.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
I thank you guys.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »
Just an update, Josh may have been bitten by a bug while on a missions trip to Honduras that is causing all this. He's on morphine now and watching a game on TV.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2013, 07:47:25 PM »
My Grandpa Ron is in the hospital. They think he has a bacteria infection and is causing him to lose a lot of weight very rapidly. He's a tough old guy, but he needs help.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2013, 12:32:46 PM »
My Grandpa Ron is in the hospital. They think he has a bacteria infection and is causing him to lose a lot of weight very rapidly. He's a tough old guy, but he needs help.

Oh wow.  Prayers up.