Author Topic: T.O. & Roy Williams Cut from Cowboys  (Read 6743 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: T.O. & Roy Williams Cut from Cowboys
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
There's only one team that's a good fit for TO:

He can be joined in the future by the new RB Michael Vick.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 09:00:46 PM »
I will say it again, if the GM of the packers isn't leaving voice mail for TO's agent right now, I will eat every green and gold article of clothing in my closet.

(and that would involve pooping a LOT of green and gold  :-) )

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:23 PM »
we have a hole in the entire defense, considering how old harrris and woodson are getting.  and hawk is almost a bust.  the packers scored enough points to go .500, but rogers has got to find a way to pull a game out in the last two minutes.  now, I know that coming after favre, that is a tough act to follow, but he had EIGHT chances to come from behind last season and either win, or tie.  he got zero.

Please don't get me started on the defense, or lack thereof.  Not sure if a total revamp is going to improve them this coming season, but it has to be better than there performance last year.  Maybe we should be looking at Williams instead of TO.

I have to admit that my confidence in Rodgers dropped a bit when he couldn't pull out a couple of the close games.  I still think the O tackles need to be upgraded and quickly or our QB is going to spend a lot off time scrambling out of what is supposed to be a pocket.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »
Please don't get me started on the defense, or lack thereof.  Not sure if a total revamp is going to improve them this coming season, but it has to be better than there performance last year.  Maybe we should be looking at Williams instead of TO.

I have to admit that my confidence in Rodgers dropped a bit when he couldn't pull out a couple of the close games.  I still think the O tackles need to be upgraded and quickly or our QB is going to spend a lot off time scrambling out of what is supposed to be a pocket.

well, everyone knows that I am a homer for favre, but he spent half the season in the 13-3 year in an offensive set that had no running backs behind him.

I have high hopes for rogers.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »
I will say it again, if the GM of the packers isn't leaving voice mail for TO's agent right now, I will eat every green and gold article of clothing in my closet.

I thought you traded all that in for Jets' gear?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
I thought you traded all that in for Jets' gear?

ixnay, orkday. :-)

while I did come to love the packers via brett favre, I can't leave them just because he did.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
and as the mod of this forum, you have a decision to make regarding the baseball season.  I left it for you in the "off season moves" thread. :-)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 10:32:16 PM »

So, just out of curiosity, if you have holes in your defense, why in the hell would you want to give a contract to an offensive player who WILL demand top dollars? TO isn't God. Hell, he's not even the best WR in the NFL.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »
So, just out of curiosity, if you have holes in your defense, why in the hell would you want to give a contract to an offensive player who WILL demand top dollars? TO isn't God. Hell, he's not even the best WR in the NFL.

I am assuming that he will be cheap.  sort of like manny;  no one wants him but us. :-)

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 05:06:50 AM »

TO is not getting top dollar this year.  His contract will be a one year, heavily incentive driven contract.   He is poison right now and has to prove himself.

Whoever gets him for a year will get 100% production from him, and a sincere effort on his part to keep his mouth closed.   This isn't just a contract year for him -- it's his career.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »
The teams that don't want Terrell Owens

Terrell Owens is still technically the property of the Dallas Cowboys, so it would be against league rules for other teams to go on record as saying they are or aren't interesting in acquiring his services (though that hasn't stopped the Redskins).

ProFootballTalk.com, though, is keeping a list of teams that have made it known to them through "league sources" that they have no interest in Owens. As of right now, that list includes:

The Dallas Cowboys.
    The New York Giants.
    The Washington Redskins.
    The Baltimore Ravens.
    The San Francisco 49ers.
    The Minnesota Vikings.
    The Atlanta Falcons.
    The Cleveland Browns.
    The San Diego Chargers.
    The Philadelphia Eagles.
    The New York Jets.
    The Tennessee Titans.
    The St. Louis Rams.
    The New Orleans Saints.
    The Houston Texans.
    The Jacksonville Jaguars.

And the Eagles and Dolphins are listed as teams that are expected to join the list soon. Donovan McNabb and Bill Parcells are the president and vice president of the "Terrell Owens Deserves a Giant Wedgie Club."

But there are no real surprises there, except maybe a couple of mild ones. The Redskins are always worth mentioning whenever an expensive free agent is available, and the Vikings wanted T.J. Houshmandzadeh badly, but whiffed. I guess they're only in the market for sane receivers.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »
we have a hole in the entire defense, considering how old harrris and woodson are getting.  and hawk is almost a bust.  the packers scored enough points to go .500, but rogers has got to find a way to pull a game out in the last two minutes.  now, I know that coming after favre, that is a tough act to follow, but he had EIGHT chances to come from behind last season and either win, or tie.  he got zero.

Not exactly, WE. 
Rodgers DID bring them back from behind several times, only to have the defense lay down in the last few minutes and allow the winning score.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »
T.O. gets the money

Yes, Terrell Owens signed a one-year deal worth $6.5 million to play with the Buffalo Bills. There are reports he received a $4 million signing bonus.

Owens was scheduled to earn a total of $5.77 million from the Cowboys in base salary and roster bonus this season.

Over the next two seasons, 2010 and 2011, he was supposed to make a combined $14.5 million in base salaries.

His antics in Dallas cost him $20.27 million with the Cowboys.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »

The freakin Bills??!!!!   Oh sh%t.