Author Topic: racists who use MLK's judge by the "content of their character,"  (Read 600 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member kpete (67,635 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215541997

Listen, racists...
The Rude Pundit:

Listen, racists who use MLK's judge by the "content of their character," not "the color of their skin" to justify your racism: King wasn't talking about your children. He was talking about his children. He was saying that whites judge them by skin color and whites need to change.

The full line: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Stop forgetting about that first part like it's the beginning of the 2nd Amendment.

That line is actually specifically about white privilege, that white kids get judged in a way that benefits them and non-white kids, again, specifically, his non-white kids get judged in a way that harms them.

The dream is that whites will evolve, not that non-whites will shut up about wanting equality and about wanting their history told truthfully. That's the dream of racists. Leave Martin Luther King out of your dreams.

Sp... he wasn't talking about ALL children, of any race... he was only talking about his own?

:thatsright:

Star Member treestar (78,669 posts)

6. I doubt he was an unfair man, and he did not see these times

He surely did not think that judging others by the color of their skin was a viable solution. Of course though, I've been told I don't get to interpret what he said, due to skin color.

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: racists who use MLK's judge by the "content of their character,"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 09:09:14 AM »
Leave it to the Kaput (KPete) primitive to distort Martin Luther King's words.

If he were alive today, MLK Jr. would be a conservative.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 10:00:36 AM »
It takes a DUmmie to pretzellate MLK’s wise words into an attack on people acknowledging their wisdom. By the time MLK spoke them my parents had taught that view of people by how they lived and worked with people. But MLK spoke that wisdom eloquently.

No matter how you pretzellate and game words, Critical Race Theory is a diametric rejection of what MLK spoke.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 10:02:42 AM »

Wasn't MLK a republican?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »
Sp... he wasn't talking about ALL children, of any race... he was only talking about his own?

If that was true, then he wasn't being very inclusive....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
Either all people are to be judged by their character and not their skin color or the whole statement was worthless rhetoric.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 12:32:06 PM »
Liberals/Progs have used/mis-used the term Racist so much now it no longer has any meaning.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »
Ah, the lily-white kaput primitive who lives in gated splendor, and who hires illegal aliens for household help because she can pay them less than minimum wage without fear of being reported, preaching to the rest of we white people about racism.

She instructs her gardener, during those hot San Diego summer afternoons, to suck water from the garden hose rather than coming into the kitchen to get a glass of it at the sink; her cook to use the restroom at the convenience store around the corner so she won't stink up Katherine's bathroom; and she strip-searches the maid at quitting time every day to be sure nothing's being stolen.

Sounds pretty non-racist to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 04:44:49 PM »

And the tolerant, enlightened, totally- not- racist DUmmies and their ilk would be openly showering him with such terms of endearment as "Uncle Tom," "Race Traitor," "Oreo," and "House N*gg*r."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 07:33:31 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 06:06:28 PM »
Wasn't MLK a republican?

He certainly would be now.  Jackie Robinson certainly was a Republican, as he campaigned for Barry Goldwater.  JFK would not be allowed in the Democrat Party anymore, other than his philandering which is still applauded for politicians of that stripe.

To quote or paraphrase syndicated radio host Chris Plante, Lee Harvey Oswald is more representative of the Democrat Party now than JFK is.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender