Author Topic: Asian woman, 94, stabbed multiple times in San Francisco  (Read 338 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Asian woman, 94, stabbed multiple times in San Francisco
« on: June 18, 2021, 08:16:08 AM »
ansible (1,419 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215537173

Asian woman, 94, stabbed multiple times in San Francisco

A man who was released from jail earlier this month was arrested in connection with an "unprovoked" stabbing of a 94-year-old Asian woman in San Francisco, authorities said Wednesday. Daniel Cauich, 35, faces multiple charges, including attempted homicide, elder abuse, committing a felony while on bail or release and probation violation. Investigators said they were still trying to determine if the incident was a hate crime.

Officers responded to a report of a stabbing about 10:15 a.m. PT in the 800 block of Post Street, according to San Francisco Police. The victim, identified by NBC Bay Area as Anh Taylor, suffered multiple stab wounds and was taken to the hospital, police said. It was unclear how severe her injuries were, but authorities said she is expected to survive. Police said they used a photo to identify Cauich as the suspect and took him into custody shortly after the stabbing. A knife was recovered near where the incident took place, San Francisco police said.

Efforts to reach Cauich were unsuccessful Wednesday. The San Francisco Public Defender's Office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Cauich has run into trouble with law enforcement multiple times, including five arrests last year on burglary charges and one arrest in 2016 on a homicide charge, according to NBC Bay Area.

He was released from jail by a judge earlier this month after he was arrested on May 18, according to court records, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. Prosecutors requested that Cauich remain in custody while awaiting trial on burglary charges, but a judge denied the motion, and he was released on June 7, court records showed. The stabbing is the latest in a wave of attacks against Asian Americans across the country.

MichMan (4,771 posts)

8. Maybe they shouldn't keep letting criminals out of jail so they can keep committing crimes

:rotf:

It's San Fran, yo.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Asian woman, 94, stabbed multiple times in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 08:42:19 AM »
The perp looks like a died in the wool MAGAt to me.....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Asian woman, 94, stabbed multiple times in San Francisco
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »
I know he killed this woman, but can he continue to vote for Democrats and also do so into the future, including even after he dies? That’s the important question.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:19:43 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.