Author Topic: Reminder of happy days in the 911 forum  (Read 504 times)

Offline Aristotelian

Reminder of happy days in the 911 forum
« on: June 16, 2021, 01:55:22 PM »
I was watching a film which involved a steel building burning, and the way the plot worked took my mind back to those happy innocent times when the DUmp was railing against the B.F.E.E. and MIHOP...I was more than a little pleased to discover that one of the very bestest threads on the subject is still intact over there and sitting there in the archive.

I hope that this clear and incontrovertible proof that 9-11 was an inside job brings back happy memories to the rest of you as well.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x56836

Quote from: spooked911
I set up the following experiment using steel rabbit fencing as the steel structure supporting a heavy cement block.

Note, this fencing is easily bendable, has no significant rigidity, and was not reinforced in any way. The fencing was bent into an outer square and an inner rectangle (the core):

Then I damaged the "columns" by cutting them with wire cutters:

Just inside where the gash was made in the outer wall, I placed a cup of kerosene (jet fuel), and there was newspaper around the bottom on the structure.

Then I put a heavy cement block on top, weighing about 15 pounds. I don't think the wire structure would hold more than three of these blocks, so the "safety factor" was not particularly high.

Then I tipped over the cup and lit the kerosene:

Then fire burned for about twenty minutes, and toward the end, I put my foot on the structure to see if it would extra weight. It still did:

The structure held up fine after the fire died:

After the fire was hot, the "columns" were not hot at all:

In a second experiment, I used the same wire fence and block set up, but increased the amount of "airplane damage", added in newspaper all around the inside of the structure, and soaked everything thoroughly with kerosene. In this expt, the fire was more intense and lasted significantly longer, but... the structure held up just fine. (Sorry no pictures of this one).

What I conclude is that a fairly flimsy steel structure does not distort and bend and collapse very easily from a simple hydrocarbon fire. And thus, it is not clear why the much stronger steel columns in the WTC towers weakened so much from fires that the towers underwent global collapse.

If kerosene/jet fuel/hydrocarbon fires can indeed cause steel structures to collapse, it should be quite simple to show this in an experiment-- right?

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Reminder of happy days in the 911 forum
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 05:00:54 PM »
my take away on this is that the builders of the WTC should have used steel rabbit fencing instead of heavier and more expensive steel columns in the construction of the Twin Towers...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 08:19:11 PM »
my take away on this is that the builders of the WTC should have used steel rabbit fencing instead of heavier and more expensive steel columns in the construction of the Twin Towers...

Don't forget to make the space between floors scale to the model and leave them open with no other flammable materials than a layer of news paper.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 08:45:01 PM »
Sadly, the spooked911 primitive was a regular Einstein compared to the primitives there now.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 03:05:34 PM »
Sadly, the spooked911 primitive was a regular Einstein compared to the primitives there now.

Which really is saying something. It takes quite some level of 'special' to last this long over there.