Author Topic: The girl in pink was one quarter of a second away from being stabbed,  (Read 407 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member demmiblue (31,039 posts)

Mike Sington
@MikeSington
Neighbor releases home surveillance video. The girl in pink was one quarter of a second away from being stabbed, if the police officer hadn’t shot Ma’Khia Bryant.

Star Member Wingus Dingus (3,774 posts)

1. She was paying absolutely no heed to the officer trying to break them up. It's as if he wasn't there, just went right around him to attack the girl in pink. I think that was the deciding factor for him to act immediately with his weapon--she was just FOCUSED on hurting someone, single-mindedly. On edit--there was another person who seemed to be trying to hinder or strike at the police officer as well--tall figure dressed in black. But the officer was focused on the knife wielder--cannot really fault him here.

wow. Is DU really defending the police on this?

DontBelieveEastisEas (81 posts)

19. No there is not

-there was another person who seemed to be trying to hinder or strike at the police officer as well

nope

24. Well, right in front of the officer he's stomping on someone.

He's definitely ignoring the officer.

joetheman (357 posts)

57. She was temporarily insane with rage. But that cop could have killed the woman being attacked. nt

Yeah... but he didn't. Aliens could have come down and gave them all anal probes... but,... you know... they didn't.

WarGamer (1,017 posts)

4. in a less charged political climate, SOME might even call the cop a HERO.

Star Member WhiskeyGrinder (11,796 posts)

6. There are no heroes in a system designed to hurt people.

Communism?

9. Plenty of heroic police officers.

That's just not true. Heroic people in all walks of life.

Star Member WhiskeyGrinder (11,796 posts)

69. The policing system we have now is extreme.

Literally the same system we've had for decades...

WarGamer (1,017 posts)

3. Damn.

Hope the Pink girl grows up to be a Cancer Researcher or School Teacher or something else that benefits thousands of others because she was given a gift.

:whatever: It wouldn't matter if she was a bad person. The Police did their job and stopped someone trying to kill her.

NQAS (9,550 posts)

14. Hard to tell from the video

but if she hadn't continued to go after the other girl, requiring a copy to restrain her, then no one might have been shot.

Not second guessing anything here. Just another perspective.

::)

OAITW r.2.0 (8,733 posts)

8. I wonder what precipitated this tragedy?

Totally a no win situation for the cop. This happened in the first 15 seconds of him coming on scene. No time to get the situation diffused. I'd have done the same thing in this situation.

I imagine everyone at the gathering will have their view of what happened, documented.

:rotf:

Star Member exboyfil (15,695 posts)

16. The back story which I didn't confirm

involves the one that went to the ground and the one in pink bullying the knife wielder. That doesn't change accountability for the cop which I felt acted within the law given the circumstances. I want to know what adults were present and what the f__k they were doing. I think the one who kicked the girl on the ground was an adult.

Star Member hamsterjill (11,634 posts)

10. One police officer. One human being in the middle of all of that chaos.

Did his job. He protected and served.

I’m sorry a 16-year old child is dead. It’s a horrific thing undoubtedly. And I know it’s unpopular right now to ask where her parents were, how she had a knife, etc. But the other young lady would be maimed or dead had the officer not acted.

Star Member JI7 (84,067 posts)

80. I read she was an honor student and had a good relationship with her

mother and some other family.

I'm not sure why she was in a foster home at this time but it looks like she kept regular contact with her mother and other bio relatives.

I keep thinking if she had undiagnosed mental health issues. Which might have made her paranoid others were after her

'She was turning her life around...'

27. She may have been just fine

Maybe the knife wielder was going to just intimidate and threaten. Restrain herself in the last moment in time. We will never know.

yeah, should have let her kill the other girl, just to be sure.  :whatever:

MarineCombatEngineer (3,899 posts)

33. That's really stretching there, she was in the physical act of attempting to stab the girl in pink in the throat, she was literally a split second away from plunging that knife into her throat, which more than likely would have resulted in her death and then the cop would be condemned for not taking action sooner.

36. You are stretching things

she was in the physical act of attempting to stab the girl in pink in the throat

She appeared to be in the physical act of attempting to stab the girl in pink in the throat.

and it appears the police shot her for attempted murder...

Star Member pnwmom (104,573 posts)

49. So the police officer should just hope that non-lethal force wasn't required, and take the chance on what the knife wielder, who had already lunged at and knocked another girl to the ground, was intending to do with the girl in pink?

Star Member Devil Child (1,823 posts)

13. Racist cop should've tased the knife from this mostly unarmed scared kid's hand [sarcasm tagged]

Star Member uponit7771 (76,306 posts)

45. Right cuz there's no such thing as racist ass cops your sarcasm is shitty at best

The intimated ignorance of cops treating black people who are a threat different than white people as a threat is even more shitty

**** this bullshit

Star Member Devil Child (1,823 posts)

48. here is a convenient example of a white cop shooting a white teen suspect for you

The suspect was even armed with a knife while white and still got himself killed by a white cop. Such privilege!

[link:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/mother-of-teen-killed-by-trooper-mourns-awesome-young-man-mother-senator-soviet-union-baltimore-orioles-new-york-b1831557.html|

Both cases seem like justified and necessary uses of lethal force to me. YMMV.

75. So? thx in advance

:mental:

87. "I don't think the shooting was racist." ... still not the argument Maddow made in her ...... segment !!!

Maddow basically made the point that black people in justified killings are killed disproportionally than whites by the police EVEN WHEN THERE'S JUSTIFICATION IN KILLING THE WHITE PERSON.

Maddow made the point in last nights segment that white people are NOT killed like or at the same rate as black people even when justified so ... no, ... justified (like Makia's killing) doesn't always mean right or moral or even necessary.

Now, there are some LPC's wanting to play either dumb to shit kick or people who don't know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to neutralizing Makia and means to do so without killing her.

There was means to neutralize Makia without killing her ... but ...like Maddow said in regards to killing black people disproportionately the cop pumped four slugs in her instead, justifiably.

People have gone to the point of stretching to absurd to claim there was ... not ... a means to neutralize the girl.

That's just one example, there are a slew of others including a myriad of statisitcs that strengthen mine and Maddow's argument that ...

Justified killings, especially when it comes to black people, do not mean moral or necessary or even the right thing to do especially when means are FOUND not to even hold under bail for premeditated attacks on police.

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

stopdiggin (4,562 posts)

63. sorry, but you (and some other posters) deserve some push-back

for insisting -- even when facts don't fit -- 'racist cop incident.'

Yeah -- plenty of examples of racist cops and racist enforcement. And DU is pretty much all in on that. But, then -- you just can't seem to back off on this incident. What gives?

73. Now you're making shit up, whatever

::)

sarisataka (11,972 posts)

26. Observations:

- the cop did not come out gun in hand

-the was no fight where she was using the knife in self defense

-the physical conflict started where she pushed the other girl down and slashed at her

-the cop did reach out to try and grab the knife wielder

-he was inhibited from chasing by the man who was kicking the girl on the ground

-at the sound of the first shot, the knife was mere inches from the head/neck of the girl in pink

-given the wind up and thrust it is surprising she wasn't stabbed based on the momentum of the thrust

I sure there are many other details I missed

30. misjudged

"surprising she wasn't stabbed based on the momentum of the thrust"

What would not be surprising is if you are misjudging the momentum.

It is possible that the muscles were stopping the momentum and you do not see that. Thereby making it "surprising" to you. Also, it could be that the video is grainy, or at an angle or is at a speed that makes your analysis come to the conclusion that it is "surprising"

:whatever:

Sympthsical (1,032 posts)

55. So society didn't just put Chauvin away

And society didn't just charge Kim Potter with manslaughter.

They are "all" justified killings.

There comes a point where failure to recognize any progress becomes a radical and detrimental attitude to hold.

America is primed to agree with you, with us, on many of the abuses of police against black lives. But you're determined to take the route that is both 1. false, and 2. alienates people from your cause.

You keep saying these untrue statements.

And yes, since I'm scanning and browsing, I'm going to call out every single one. Because I think it damages BLM. It's too important for lies and hyperbole.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: The girl in pink was one quarter of a second away from being stabbed,
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 08:11:12 PM »

87. "I don't think the shooting was racist." ... still not the argument Maddow made in her ...... segment !!!

Maddow basically made the point that black people in justified killings are killed disproportionally than whites by the police EVEN WHEN THERE'S JUSTIFICATION IN KILLING THE WHITE PERSON.

Maddow made the point in last nights segment that white people are NOT killed like or at the same rate as black people even when justified so ... no, ... justified (like Makia's killing) doesn't always mean right or moral or even necessary.

Now, there are some LPC's wanting to play either dumb to shit kick or people who don't know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to neutralizing Makia and means to do so without killing her.

There was means to neutralize Makia without killing her ... but ...like Maddow said in regards to killing black people disproportionately the cop pumped four slugs in her instead, justifiably.
There are plenty of statistics that suggest the opposite of what you and Maddow claim.

As for pacifying Ma'Khia, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Let's go over these again:

Taser: Hope and pray it stops Ma'Khia, who was in the process of attacking someone with a deadly weapon, before she lands a killing blow.

Disarm: Hope and pray that the officer reaches Ma'Khia, who was in the process of attacking someone with a deadly weapon, before she lands a killing blow on her intended victim, and hope the officer doesn't get hurt or killed in the process as well.

Shoot Makia in the arm or leg: Hope and pray the officer doesn't miss Ma'Khia, who was in the process of attacking someone with a deadly weapon, and potentially hit Makia's intended victim, because he is aiming for the smaller target.

You tell me what the best alternative is.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 11:21:37 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 10:51:29 PM »
The DUmmies are so conflicted.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 08:28:37 AM »
The DUmmies are so conflicted.

Black-on-black murders and mass shootings in places like Chicago are easy for DUpipo to ignore because the national-level MSM keep the people murdered faceless, by not covering their deaths or consigning coverage to a single sentence paragraph on page ZZ-28.

By this becoming a national story - a police shooting - the MSM put an attempted black-on-black killing front and center and showed a police officer's real-life split-second choice that saved the "Girl In Pink"'s life, a girl who is also black. This slice of real life showed a much more complicated, counter-narrative, reality. It's a wonder this doesn't short-circuit some DUmmies' brain-surrogate so badly they curl up into a ball and hug their blankie and :stoner: ie.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.