Author Topic: It's Friday. Please help it go by fast.  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Airwolf

It's Friday. Please help it go by fast.
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »
Ok peeps. I'm stuck at home for 5 frackin days. I was supposed to go to Wonderfest this weekend but can't go. Whats your plans?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: It's Friday. Please help it go by fast.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »
My wife starts two weeks of vacation tonight.

I intend on being a good parent and encouraging the kids to go play at friends houses a lot during the next few days so they get lots of social contact and build life skills.   :innocent: :thumbs:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »
I plan to build a little bottle inside a boat.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
I will be mowing grass.  Lots of grass.  Mower's been in the shop for a week.   :bawl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 11:23:13 AM »
My neighbor/town councilman/radio talk show host is having Bob Shaefer over for an Ice Cream Social on Sunday.  I'm gonna go give Bob a high five for pwning Mark Udall with his own words in that debate.  I have to be there, because I'm the precinct chairman.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6nF02z_9S50&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6nF02z_9S50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:12:57 PM »
First weeked drilling back with my home unit after deployment.  I'd MUCH rather stay home.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 01:22:23 PM »
Going to BadCat's house.  :lmao:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
Driving to New York tomorrow (solo)then back home on Sunday. Mr Flame goes out of town for the week on Monday.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 02:47:52 PM »
First weeked drilling back with my home unit after deployment.  I'd MUCH rather stay home.

Hey, good luck and thank you for your service. I didn't know you were still 'engaged'.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »
No worky for me today.  :)

I just got back from the cello appraisal and look over.  I'm sitting around and in an hour some men should be here to give me an estimate on my house's foundation. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 05:30:44 PM »
Ok peeps. I'm stuck at home for 5 frackin days. I was supposed to go to Wonderfest this weekend but can't go. Whats your plans?
Sorry you coudn't make it.  I was looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Here's a unique 1970 Chevy Imapala model (with a story) to kill some time:

So I built my share of models as a kid, but I hadn't touched one for many years when I started hanging out with several professional modelmakers about 15 years back. These guys worked at a shop that made architectural models, courtroom exhibits, product prototypes, etc, and when they weren't on the clock they'd crank up the Melvins and ruin their eyesight scratchbuilding dioramas of bombed-out German factories all night long. It was actually pretty pleasant drinking beer, listening to loud/good music, and obsessing over tiny paint details a few inches from my aching eyes, so I picked up an AMT 1/25 scale '70 Impala model (I was driving a hideous '65 4-door Impala at the time and this was the closest I could get to it) and joined the fun, spending many evenings huffing Testors with the model geeks and trying to build a true beater car like the ones I saw all the time in the junkyard...

Now of course I was always trying to get the other guys to stop building the same HO scale trainyards and war-obsessed dioramas- you know, apply their mighty skills to something different, like maybe a diorama of the manager's office in a New Jersey Buick dealership in 1961, only with marmosets closing the deal instead of humans. "Building the same ******* World War II shit as all the other model geeks is like the really skilled guitar player who plays the same tedious ******* Yngwie riffs over and ****ing over until you're ready to stuff his ****ing guitar up the ol' tailpipe!" Blank stares.

(more...)

http://jalopnik.com/cars/novelties/forget-the-weathered-camaro-1970-impala-model-253555.php

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 02:07:09 AM »
Business weekend. The week has went by very quickly so two more days won't kill me.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »
OK peeps. I'm stuck at home for 5 frackin days. I was supposed to go to Wonderfest this weekend but can't go. Whats your plans?
Sorry you couldn't make it.  I was looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Here's a unique 1970 Chevy Impala model (with a story) to kill some time:

So I built my share of models as a kid, but I hadn't touched one for many years when I started hanging out with several professional modelmakers about 15 years back. These guys worked at a shop that made architectural models, courtroom exhibits, product prototypes, etc, and when they weren't on the clock they'd crank up the Melvins and ruin their eyesight scratchbuilding dioramas of bombed German factories all night long. It was actually pretty pleasant drinking beer, listening to loud/good music, and obsessing over tiny paint details a few inches from my aching eyes, so I picked up an AMT 1/25 scale '70 Impala model (I was driving a hideous '65 4-door Impala at the time and this was the closest I could get to it) and joined the fun, spending many evenings huffing Testors with the model geeks and trying to build a true beater car like the ones I saw all the time in the junkyard...

Now of course I was always trying to get the other guys to stop building the same HO scale trainyards and war-obsessed dioramas- you know, apply their mighty skills to something different, like maybe a diorama of the manager's office in a New Jersey Buick dealership in 1961, only with marmosets closing the deal instead of humans. "Building the same ******* World War II shit as all the other model geeks is like the really skilled guitar player who plays the same tedious ******* Yngwie riffs over and ****ing over until you're ready to stuff his ****ing guitar up the ol' tailpipe!" Blank stares.

(more...)

http://jalopnik.com/cars/novelties/forget-the-weathered-camaro-1970-impala-model-253555.php

Check these web sites out. Even if you don't find anything you like, I'll bet the guys you work with might.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/

http://www.culttvman2.com/dnn/

I would have been at this one for the weekend if not for an unexpected disaster that had me cancell my vacation.

http://www.wonderfest.com/
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »
:rofl:

That wasn't mine.  That was from Murilee Martin.