Author Topic: Who to vote for...  (Read 1943 times)

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
Who to vote for...
« on: January 17, 2024, 12:48:55 AM »
Is it really even a valid question?

President Trump showed some real control during
his victory speech Monday, I was pleasantly surprised.

No name calling, no nastiness. It can go a long way...

To Victory.
Vader Rules!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Who to vote for...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 05:25:11 AM »
Howdy there SR!

I was on the fence about voting for Trump this time around a few months ago.  But after watching the nastiness of the dems over those months, I resolved that I will not be pushed around to vote for someone else.  My concern was another 4 years of tantrums by the left and now, I don't really care if they throw another 4 year tantrum!  Let them.  Trump is FAR superior to anything the dems have put up and while I could have voted Desantis, why should I have to?  I'm not going to be bullied into not voting for the person I think can do the most for our country.

We are going to have to work hard to get him the people in Congress he needs to complete what he started.

As far as facism goes, I don't recall Trump trying to pass laws against gas stoves, dishwasher, ceiling fans, etc., and I'm tired of hearing how many illegals are crossing our border without our government doing something about it!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 07:32:52 AM »
Still on the fence. Trump is usually gracious in victory but throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. I haven't seen a change in him just yet.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 09:07:13 AM »
I'm still not sure Trump can win the general election at this point, which needs to be a top priority.  Not above getting a placeholder candidate who might win (think back to Dole or even McCain), but high in the top five.  Even if he does win, are we just looking at another four years of not being able to get anything done except executive orders that can be undone with the next president's signatures? 

Trump has a lot of good points, and a lot of bad points, both to the political addicts and the man on the street.  Will the balance out?  Frankly, I'm still not sure Biden will be the Democrat candidate at this point.  There's real possibility he will croak (God forbid), be officially declared unable to run for health reasons, or the DNC pulls something at the convention to put someone else in.  There's also the ongoing lawfare against Trump that just might succeed, at least enough to keep him off the ballot this time.

There are too many variables at this point, IMHO, to make any kind of call.  Hopefully before Super Tuesday, cause that's when my primary is, but likely afterwards there will be more direction. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 02:18:32 PM »
If Trump can outwit the democrats cheating he’s got a chance I think.

What really scares me is the democrats putting up Mr hair gel Newsom, I think he would have a good chance at being elected and if he did he would be worse than Biden. He seems to me to be another dictator wannabe like Trudeau in Canada.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 04:13:39 PM »
If Trump can outwit the democrats cheating he’s got a chance I think.

What really scares me is the democrats putting up Mr hair gel Newsom, I think he would have a good chance at being elected and if he did he would be worse than Biden. He seems to me to be another dictator wannabe like Trudeau in Canada.

Spot on.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 10:21:13 PM »
Trump.

No hesitation.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 03:21:54 AM »
Still on the fence. Trump is usually gracious in victory but throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. I haven't seen a change in him just yet.

If I can get "economy, foreign affairs, and progress on the southern border, even if none of it is perfect because it never is", I will not just vote, but BEG for tantrums and mean tweets.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 03:55:30 AM »
Howdy there SR!

I was on the fence about voting for Trump this time around a few months ago.  But after watching the nastiness of the dems over those months, I resolved that I will not be pushed around to vote for someone else.  My concern was another 4 years of tantrums by the left and now, I don't really care if they throw another 4 year tantrum!  Let them.  Trump is FAR superior to anything the dems have put up and while I could have voted Desantis, why should I have to?  I'm not going to be bullied into not voting for the person I think can do the most for our country.

We are going to have to work hard to get him the people in Congress he needs to complete what he started.

As far as facism goes, I don't recall Trump trying to pass laws against gas stoves, dishwasher, ceiling fans, etc., and I'm tired of hearing how many illegals are crossing our border without our government doing something about it!

KC

Always remember: the dems -modern left - commies etc, are the left wing of a very real uniparty vulture.

The tantrums will come any time that there is non-uniparty president in the oval office, unlike when bush1 and bush2 were in office. Sure, we saw the island inhabitants behaving like someone kicked over their ant hill in those days, but we didn't see riots and lawfare like with Trump.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.