Author Topic: Bamboo fly rods  (Read 3388 times)

Offline catsmtrods

Bamboo fly rods
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »
As I am a newbie I am not sure how to post photos but I thought this would be a good venue to try. If it works these are hand planed cane rods I make.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:21:25 PM by Chris »
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Bamboo fly rods
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »
Wow, those sure are pretty.  Do you do any other woodwork?

If you're using Photobucket, copy the Direct link or the IMG code for a forum.  If you're using the direct link to a picture, just place tags around your link.  Quote or edit your post and look at the code.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »
Ooohhhhh....better keep my hubby away from this thread! The drool might ruin the keyboard!

Offline longview

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 06:16:05 PM »
Wow.  Very nice work!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »
Those are beautiful!!

I'm assuming you made the wooden rod case too?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 03:57:46 AM »
I cant take credit for all the woodwork as my partner and buddy has all the woodworking tools in his garage. We split plane heat treat and glue over at his shop and then everything moves over to my shop for assembly and finishing. He makes the case's.

Thanks for the kind words,
Bob
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Ladywinter

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »
Cats,

These rods are just beautiful!!  The pictures you uploaded are crystal clear which really show the detail.  Nice work.
Exit Strategy...

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 11:02:04 PM »
Wow! And I don't even fresh water fish. But I have a brother in Reno who does. May I ask how much a set up like that costs?

What size ornate and ridiculously expensive brass reel will fit in the case?

And you're at least the third person I've come across on this site that makes or builds stuff. I really appreciate people who do stuff. Good job.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 03:58:34 AM »
Those 7' 4wt's with 2 tips and the case and go for $1250.

No reel will fit in the case. You carry them seprate in there own case.

~ Dr. William Pierce

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »
Very nice fly rods. I have 4 or 5 "fleamarket" rods, but only 1 of them turned out to be worth a damn.
At those prices I'll have to stick with my Sage (graphite) kits.   :o
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.