Author Topic: Should you tell people you are praying for them?  (Read 32506 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Should you tell people you are praying for them?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »
No oops....LOL..Please, if we read each others messages wrong, no big deal as far as I am concerned....OK?? don't want any misunderstandings to get off on the wrong foot on this, my new forum.... :heart:

:heart:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »
:heart:

You turned on your heartlight.   :p

Offline djones520

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »

Wow...guess it never occurred to her that all those prayers that were being sent up to God, for her son...just might have had something to do with him recovering from his injuries.

I feel sad for people like your friend who either don't believe in any higher power or deny belief in a higher power.

I can't imagine going through my life without knowing that God was there helping me. There have been many times when I left no footprints...

Just as you believe that they do, she believed that they did nothing at all.  Don't "feel sad" for those of us who don't believe in the same thing you do.  It's a choice we have made, and are happy with.  Saying so would be just like me saying I feel sad that you have to fill your life with the idea that some mystical giant is watching over you.  We all believe in what we believe in, and it would do everyone best to accept it.  Atheists, Christians, Muslims, etc...  The world would be a much better place if humans just accepted the ability for others to practice the free will that God gave us.  ;)

For the record, it never offends me when anyone offers their prayers for me and mine.  I accept it for what it is, the best well wishes that one can offer, and am gracious for it.  I think that most atheists are like that.  This mother probably just overreacted due to the stress of the situation.  We all know that sometimes things get a little out of hand when our children are injured or sick.  You shoulda seen how I got with a Major when my son spent the first week of his life in the hospital under a lamp.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
You turned on your heartlight.   :p

I don't believe that she is an ET........
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson