Author Topic: Tea  (Read 9710 times)

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
Re: Tea
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »
I love Chamomile tea and Mighty Leaf is one of the best. I don't add sugar so it knocks my ass out.   :-)

I've never had Mighty Leaf ... what is it like?
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »
I tasted some of that at the liquor store one day a while back.  That wasn't too bad.

Yeah, it is dangerous too. 70 proof going down like iced tea...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline debk

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 03:59:36 PM »
Yeah, it is dangerous too. 70 proof going down like iced tea...

I've been wondering what it tasted like. Since I'm a vodka drinker, I'm not sure that 70proof that tastes like iced tea would be a good idea.... :uhsure:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
I've been wondering what it tasted like. Since I'm a vodka drinker, I'm not sure that 70proof that tastes like iced tea would be a good idea.... :uhsure:

Like I said, I tasted it in the liquor store.  It didn't taste bad.  I didn't buy it though.  Oh heck to the NO.  That Three Olives stuff is bad enough.  I grounded myself from it as well. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 04:10:22 PM »

You cut the drink with half tea and half water. You can barely taste the vodka when drinking, but, you will feel it.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline debk

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »
Like I said, I tasted it in the liquor store.  It didn't taste bad.  I didn't buy it though.  Oh heck to the NO.  That Three Olives stuff is bad enough.  I grounded myself from it as well. 

I haven't "grounded" myself from vodka. I have pretty much eliminated tequila though. Had one during the move when we stopped for dinner at the neighborhood Mexican place.....didn't even finish the first one.  I was bitchy enough without adding too much tequila into the "mood".... :innocent:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »
I haven't "grounded" myself from vodka. I have pretty much eliminated tequila though. Had one during the move when we stopped for dinner at the neighborhood Mexican place.....didn't even finish the first one.  I was bitchy enough without adding too much tequila into the "mood".... :innocent:

Oh well Deb, I didn't ground myself from vodka completely.  Just the flavored stuff.  Tequila and I agreed to disagree more than half my life ago.  I see no need to rekindle that relationship.   :whatever:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 04:31:33 PM »
Oh well Deb, I didn't ground myself from vodka completely.  Just the flavored stuff.  Tequila and I agreed to disagree more than half my life ago.  I see no need to rekindle that relationship.   :whatever:

Ahhh... I see. I don't drink the flavored stuff very often, and when I do, it's orange flavored mixed in orange juice.

Don't know what it is about tequila....but it seems to have an effect on many people. I'm okay with one, maybe two(small) margaritas if I'm eating at the same time. It's when I just sit there and drink them, or do shots that's a bad idea. Unfortunately, by the time I realize it's a bad idea, everyone else has already noticed it was a bad idea.   :banghead:  I have however, become wiser with age.  :uhsure:

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »
Sweet tea.... i go thru a couple of gallons a week
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline soleil

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 06:50:11 PM »
Sweet tea.... i go thru a couple of gallons a week

You know I have to say that the Red Diamond makes some decent sweet tea. It isn't homemade, but it is convenient when there are lots of people over, and I haven't heard anyone complain yet. It is pretty good.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
Inga: http://www.fireflyvodka.com/
Thanks Odin for the education, don't get out much. That looks like a drink I could enjoy after a stressful day at work.20 years ago. :cheersmate:
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 08:30:46 PM »

Deb, I agree with eliminating tequila. About 20 years back I missed 3 days work. I got mean.Moral here, never mix. Went down like water.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »

Deb, I agree with eliminating tequila. About 20 years back I missed 3 days work. I got mean.Moral here, never mix. Went down like water.

Whoa doggie!  Three days work?  That is a BAD one right there!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »
I've never had Mighty Leaf ... what is it like?

It's great stuff, sweet tasting, but not sugar sweet. My wife loves the stuff too, so my mother makes a point of giving her a couple of boxes every Christmas.
I sleep like a baby on the stuff.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Tnafbrat

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »
It's great stuff, sweet tasting, but not sugar sweet. My wife loves the stuff too, so my mother makes a point of giving her a couple of boxes every Christmas.
I sleep like a baby on the stuff.

That sounds up my alley ... is there somewhere online I can order it?  or do certain stores carry it?
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 01:59:37 PM »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »
I'm for anything that makes hawt conservative women wanna dance. Period.
 :heart:

Offline Tnafbrat

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »
I'm for anything that makes hawt conservative women wanna dance. Period.
 :heart:

Tequila for me  :innocent:

Offline Tnafbrat

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 02:19:15 PM »
I believe there was a Mighty Leaf banner on this very page.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=mighty+leaf+tea+where+to+buy&aq=9&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=Mighty+Lea&gs_rfai=CyX6XrcesTOy1NKrMywTc49zSDQAAAKoEBU_Qtefs

Thanks!   :hi5: ooooh be still my heart, I've got the Mighty Leaf site favorited!  Payday can't come soon enough.  What's your favorite "flavor" Wineslob?

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »
This one:

http://www.mightyleaf.com/tea-pouches_top-rated/chamomile-citrus-herbal-tea-pouches/

All their teas are probably the highest quality I've ever seen.   

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »

Tequila is Evilâ„¢ , especially when you "forget" to cut your base back from 120 proof before adding the bottle of tequila flavoring.

Offline soleil

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »
Tequila is Evilâ„¢ , especially when you "forget" to cut your base back from 120 proof before adding the bottle of tequila flavoring.

I like tequila! But it has to be done right. And it has to be a more expensive tequila. PAtron is my guilty choice. It goes down like water, and it doesn't give you that "I got hit by a train and lived" feeling the next day. Now if you do way too many shots, you're on your own!  :-) But it is smooth.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »

At the time, I couldn't tell there was a flavoring.  :-)

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 05:59:16 AM »
I love tea, period.  With the weather cooling I love to brew a pot for taste and relaxation.

For iced I use raw sugar for that little molasses type flavor.  For hot I use honey and sometimes a bit of milk depending on the type of tea.

I must stay out of Teavana!!  Their Raspberry Riot is so delicious and I use Lavender Dreams frequently before bed.  It's far too pricey, but I only buy it as an occasional treat.  Their collection of teapots is so tempting.

Offline Tnafbrat

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 08:11:39 AM »
This one:

http://www.mightyleaf.com/tea-pouches_top-rated/chamomile-citrus-herbal-tea-pouches/

All their teas are probably the highest quality I've ever seen.   

oh yummy  ... I'm going to order some on payday  .. Thanks!