Author Topic: favorite holiday snack  (Read 9873 times)

Offline debk

Re: favorite holiday snack
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2009, 09:57:48 PM »
I have to work on Christmas, so I think I may make s'mores for myself (and maybe a couple other people.  maybe).

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1713,156179-255197,00.html

made these new to me things tonight....

cover a cookie sheet with aluminium foil...

lay down waffle shaped pretzels...put a chocolate covered caramel on top wide side down...they were $2.78 a bag at Walmart for 3 dozen....was supposed to use Rollo's and couldn't find them...it's a white bag and it's walmart's brand..

put them in a 300 degree oven for five minutes.

take out and put another waffle pretzel on top and push down so the caramel cup oozes out.

meantime...melt Hershey milk chocolate bars in micro until melted. I did them in a glass bowl that I set in a souffle bowl of water...

spoon the melted chocolate over the top of each waffle stack and refrigerate until set...

wickedly easy and delicious! :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: favorite holiday snack
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »
I had a hell of a time finding Golden Grahams.  Those impostors and phonies (Cinnamon Toast Crunch?  No way!) were all over the place.  I finally found two sad little rows of GG's on the bottom shelf.

Kids today.  Pffft.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.