Author Topic: Pictures of a few quilts....  (Read 12374 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Pictures of a few quilts....
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:39:11 PM »
This first quilt is a baby girl quilt for a baby shower I'm going to in May.  The soon to be Dad works for my husband.  I haven't made the label yet, I am also going to make burp cloths using prefolded cloth diapers and some of the fabric that is in the quilt (trust me they are going to be REALLY cute).  I know what most of you think, this doesn't look like a baby quilt.  You just have to know the couple to know it fits them to a T.  The last picture I took with the door open so you could see the quilting better and the picture of just the back, I wanted to show it because I pieced it (sewed two pieces together to make the backing) and you can't even tell.   :p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Pictures of a few quilts....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:49:33 PM »
This next quilt (or quilt top rather) is for my youngest daughter's 3rd grade teacher.  She is having a boy close to the end of the school year and we are having a baby shower for her in about a week and a half.  I haven't quilted it yet as the directions have been a bitch.  The measurements from the quilt pattern have been off on several of the cuts (I'm talking big time screwed up, one cut was off by almost an inch)  and the amount of backing it said it required wasn't enough so I have to order more before I can quilt it.  It isn't "baby" either, I didn't want to do what you might consider a traditional baby quilt with this one because I know she will get a ton of "baby" things.  I want her son to use this quilt when he gets older as well. 

The fabric panels (the "pictures", the panel is called "transportation") have a retro feel to it.  Normally I think fabric panels can look cheesy but I think these are cute.

I had planned on having it quilted by this afternoon but since the pattern didn't call for enough fabric for the backing, I can't quilt it until I get some more fabric. 

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 07:55:03 PM by BEG »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »
This was my first customer that I didn't actually know personally.  In fact  I still haven't met her.  The lady at the quilt store called and asked me to quilt her quilt.  I didn't really like the quilt at first but it is kind of growing on me.  She wanted a leaf pantograph and apparently not many like to do pantographs except for me.   :-)

If you look closely at some of these pictures you can see the different leaf patterns.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »
WOW! So pretty! I love baby quilts that aren't, well, "babyish". We did my son's room in nautical stuff and he still loves it all of these years later. We've added and changed things a bit but I am happy with it.

You're so talented!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »
WOW! So pretty! I love baby quilts that aren't, well, "babyish". We did my son's room in nautical stuff and he still loves it all of these years later. We've added and changed things a bit but I am happy with it.

You're so talented!!!

Thanks Dixie!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:45:38 PM »
I say this in all seriousness...

You need to do one that looks like the Elvis On Black Velvet painting.

You could get a mint for it on eBay. :)

Fantastic work though BEG!

The Transportation one is to die for!!

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »
I absolutely LOVE both of the quilts for the babies!!! You can really do a lot with accents and such with the baby girl one.

I don't really care for the baby blue (pastel) for a baby boy, and those colors for a baby boy's nursery would be my taste.

VERY nice.

I think I know what you are talking about with the baby burp cloths...you put your fabric going down the middle of it, leaving the sides as the diaper? I have 5 of those for Sophia, and they are nice!!!

Very good job!

Sophia's baby bedding set is really pretty, and I love the "pattern" of it, but the dang "quilt" (if it is even called that) hasn't held up, so I am afraid it won't make it to her toddler bed...unless I can  have it sewn up where it has come apart, but I don't think I can, as the edge of the material is frayed.

If you EVER decide to do these, just say so, because I would love for her to have one for her bed...and I am totally serious. You said you did the one for someone else, so I am interested in knowing if you would consider it.

I like these so much that I want one  :-)
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »
I absolutely LOVE both of the quilts for the babies!!! You can really do a lot with accents and such with the baby girl one.

I don't really care for the baby blue (pastel) for a baby boy, and those colors for a baby boy's nursery would be my taste.

VERY nice.

I think I know what you are talking about with the baby burp cloths...you put your fabric going down the middle of it, leaving the sides as the diaper? I have 5 of those for Sophia, and they are nice!!!

Very good job!

Sophia's baby bedding set is really pretty, and I love the "pattern" of it, but the dang "quilt" (if it is even called that) hasn't held up, so I am afraid it won't make it to her toddler bed...unless I can  have it sewn up where it has come apart, but I don't think I can, as the edge of the material is frayed.

If you EVER decide to do these, just say so, because I would love for her to have one for her bed...and I am totally serious. You said you did the one for someone else, so I am interested in knowing if you would consider it.

What type of fabric to you like?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »
The fabric panels (the "pictures", the panel is called "transportation") have a retro feel to it.  Normally I think fabric panels can look cheesy but I think these are cute.

I like that one.  :)

I had something like that... it was a knitted blanket and it had farmers and tractors on it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:48:07 PM »
I love the baby one too, BEG. Just beautiful work! :cheersmate:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 08:50:52 PM »
I say this in all seriousness...

You need to do one that looks like the Elvis On Black Velvet painting.

You could get a mint for it on eBay. :)

Fantastic work though BEG!

The Transportation one is to die for!!

I don't think I could bring myself to do an Elvis quilt.  Although my nutty moonbat brother wants a "chalk outline" of a body quilt.  I just may do that.

Thanks for the complement asdf.  :-*

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 09:00:38 PM »

VERY nice.

Very good job!

This is the set that she has...and it looks really washed out online.

The quality of this fabric is topnotch, but it came apart at one of the seams and the material is fraying  :(  Like I said, I can have that fixed, and I should, but it is still going to be smaller than I would like for it to be.

I like ALL of these colors that are in this, and the pink toile is my favorite...she has the toile valance(s) that go with this.

And the color of her wall is a "victorian" green, so I really need just a hint of that to bring out the color of the wall.

Your color schemes are fantastic, and I would more than trust you  :-)

I think I can purchase material from this online, as well...I will be looking...or, I can be looking for others as well. Definitely want to keep the toile.

D-uh, the link....

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/glj/glj34140.html
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 09:03:55 PM »

VERY nice.

Very good job!

Yeah those are the type of burp cloths I'm going to make.  I think I'm going to add a machine embroidered applique' initial to it too.  Check out these.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11218897

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11090844

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11207990

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11202868

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10735424

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »

VERY nice.

Very good job!

The quality of this fabric is topnotch, but it came apart at one of the seams and the material is fraying  :(  Like I said, I can have that fixed, and I should, but it is still going to be smaller than I would like for it to be.

I like ALL of these colors that are in this, and the pink toile is my favorite...she has the toile valance(s) that go with this.

And the color of her wall is a "victorian" green, so I really need just a hint of that to bring out the color of the wall.

I think I can purchase material from this online, as well...I will be looking...or, I can be looking for others as well. Definitely want to keep the toile.

D-uh, the link....

Let me look around online and see what I can find for fabric.  I'll PM it to you.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »
Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!!! Those are what I was talking about with the burp cloths!!! They are SO nice looking, and they make having a "spit up cloth" much nicer when going out, too!

Monogramming it would be a very nice touch! She has one with an S on it  :-)

These mothers are going to cry when they see your work, for sure.  

Oh, and I have heard of etsy...VERY cool!

Barack Obama

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
OMG, this is the cutest thing ever.....

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9835425

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »

VERY nice.

Very good job!

D-uh, the link....

Let me look around online and see what I can find for fabric.  I'll PM it to you.

Ok. I do see they sell the toile by the bolt at this website  :hyper:

Actually, it looks like they sell just about all the fabric that in her comforter!

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 09:16:49 PM »

That whole set is ADORABLE!

I think the baby boy stuff  is SO cute and fun. I really like these colors, too! That aqua blue with the brown is in, and I like that.

Barack Obama

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 09:19:02 PM »

I think the baby boy stuff  is SO cute and fun. I really like these colors, too! That aqua blue with the brown is in, and I like that.

Did you look at the last picture?   This is going to be a little on the large side.   :p

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »
Beautiful quilts BEG, just when I think you can't make a better looking quilt, along you come with another. I am so impressed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:28 PM »
Beautiful quilts BEG, just when I think you can't make a better looking quilt, along you come with another. I am so impressed.

Thanks Schade.   :-*

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

Did you look at the last picture?   This is going to be a little on the large side.   :p

I thought that was just the cutest!!! It is SO baby boutique.

You really should "open" your own baby boutique online.

I am SERIOUS  :bow:

You have excellent taste and are extremely talented at putting things together.

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 11:50:54 PM »
You're way too hot to be quilting, BEG.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Flame

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 08:02:39 AM »
Again, BEG, you've outdone yourself!    Beautiful work.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »

I love that whole idea of fancying up the burp clothes. Looks like in that link they are embroidered with the word 'elephant'....what about embroidering the baby's name like that instead? I think that would look awesome.

Your quilts are beautiful, BEG. VERY nice.
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.