Author Topic: Question for those of you who hunt  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Question for those of you who hunt
« on: August 27, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »
Hubby's Dad passed away earlier this year, my MIL and Hubby
have been going through his things, my FIL had tons of things
related to fishing, hunting and cars, my MIL asked hubby to
take boxes of things home and go through them because it
was difficult for her, she told him to keep what he wants
and just give the rest away.

OK, so hubby comes across this really nice hunting knife, never
used, my FIL bought it almost 40 years ago but by that time
had given up hunting and strictly fished. This knife is
absolutely gorgeous, never used and it was in a nice box,
it also had a leather case in excellent condition. For some
reason hubby decided to google this knife, well it turns out
there's an auction on ebay for the same knife with a
buy it now price of $550, he was shocked that it was going
for that much.

The knife is a PUMA knife, made in Germany, the date code
on the knife is 63171, and it says it's a 6377 White Hunter
Stag Handle Knife, overall length is 10 1/2inches and blade
length is 6 inches. On the ebay auction on the blade it
has this "PUMA White Hunter" whereas ours says
"6377 Puma White Hunter Genuine Pumaster Steel Germany" the only
other difference though is the
writing is on the opposite side of the blade, not sure why
but it is.

Can anyone tell me anything else about this knife?

Here's the auction on ebay, you can see this guys knife:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PUMA-6377-WHITE-HUNTER-PRE-64-NEVER-USED-FREE-SHIPPING-/270523453857?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item3efc7451a1

Here's our knife:

Here's the box it came in:

Here;s the knife:

Here's the number on the knife:

And here's the leather case:

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Question for those of you who hunt
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:08:01 PM »
WOW.  Cool knife.  I don't know all that much, but BF does.  I will show him on Sunday when I see him.  Of course, by then, I am sure you will already have several responses.   :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »
WOW.  Cool knife.  I don't know all that much, but BF does.  I will show him on Sunday when I see him.  Of course, by then, I am sure you will already have several responses.   :whatever:

Oh cool! if he needs bigger pictures I can upload them again larger. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »
BTW the date is wrong on a few of the pics, I changed batteries in between and forgot to set the date.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 09:21:55 PM »
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I hope that meant what I thought it meant.  If not, you will not understand the laughter. 

But, I really hope I got that right.  Otherwise, I just spit beer on my keyboard for no reason.   :-)

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I hope that meant what I thought it meant.  If not, you will not understand the laughter. 

But, I really hope I got that right.  Otherwise, I just spit beer on my keyboard for no reason.   :-)

I have no idea what you're saying LOL, it might take me a few times to figure it out.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 09:24:57 AM »
I have no idea what you're saying LOL, it might take me a few times to figure it out.

Oh, there was a thread in the dumpster, about how this dude got $$ from peeps at the dump to "Go see his son who was deploying."  He posted pics on the dump, and they were from like, two years ago.  So, to maintain his credibility he said something along the lines of.....
BTW the date is wrong on a few of the pics, I changed batteries in between and forgot to set the date.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 09:31:32 AM »
Oh, there was a thread in the dumpster, about how this dude got $$ from peeps at the dump to "Go see his son who was deploying."  He posted pics on the dump, and they were from like, two years ago.  So, to maintain his credibility he said something along the lines of.....

OMG! I forgot about that :lmao: it just ticks me off that everytime I change the batteries I need to reset the date. My camera is an older version of the digital camera so it uses the bulky AA rechargeable batteries and I'm getting tired of it, so I'm looking into the newer digital cameras where it uses the smaller lithium ion batteries, and they supposedly hold their charge a lot longer than the one I'm using now.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »
OMG! I forgot about that :lmao: it just ticks me off that everytime I change the batteries I need to reset the date. My camera is an older version of the digital camera so it uses the bulky AA rechargeable batteries and I'm getting tired of it, so I'm looking into the newer digital cameras where it uses the smaller lithium ion batteries, and they supposedly hold their charge a lot longer than the one I'm using now.

So what are you saying exactly?  that those of us who have a camera with a seperate battery that is there solely to keep the date from resetting to zero when we change the main camera battery are ELITISTS OR SOMETHING ?!?!?!?  :censored: :hammer: :fuelfire: :beer:

I'll be out in the car, parked next to Bobo the hobo, waiting for someone to tell me that my 4 bed/2 bath McMansion is built and ready for me to move in, mm'kay?  :cheers1:  :naughty: :-*
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 11:58:10 AM »
So what are you saying exactly?  that those of us who have a camera with a seperate battery that is there solely to keep the date from resetting to zero when we change the main camera battery are ELITISTS OR SOMETHING ?!?!?!?  :censored: :hammer: :fuelfire: :beer:

I'll be out in the car, parked next to Bobo the hobo, waiting for someone to tell me that my 4 bed/2 bath McMansion is built and ready for me to move in, mm'kay?  :cheers1:  :naughty: :-*

Blah Blah Blah, D6....yada yada yada.....What about the knife????????

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »
A quick research shows one made in 86 sold for $400.  It looks like that kind of knife goes for quite a bit.  You would be best served to go to a high end knife shop in your area, to sell it.  A 6376 made in 79 went for $800  A 64 vintage in bad shape went for 300.  Check out this site:  pumaknifeman.blogspot.com

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:16 AM »
A quick research shows one made in 86 sold for $400.  It looks like that kind of knife goes for quite a bit.  You would be best served to go to a high end knife shop in your area, to sell it.  A 6376 made in 79 went for $800  A 64 vintage in bad shape went for 300.  Check out this site:  pumaknifeman.blogspot.com

Thanks for the info, needless to say we were shocked when we found this amongst my FIL's things.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 12:02:34 PM »

:lmao:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
Any fly rods?

:uhsure:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.