Author Topic: Plant-based burgers may not be as healthy as you think  (Read 7595 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Plant-based burgers may not be as healthy as you think
« on: August 03, 2019, 10:00:40 AM »
Plant-based burgers may not be as healthy as you think
https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/plant-based-burgers-may-not-be-as-healthy-as-you-think

Plant-based burger Opens a New Window.  makers say their burgers are better for the planet than beef burgers. But are they better for their consumers’ health?

Dr. Mike Varshavski, Family Medicine told FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo Opens a New Window.  on Friday, “I think they’re great for the environment. If we can reduce our animal consumption, that’s going to be a win right away because we reduce animal emissions.”

Red meat, such as hamburger, delivers health risks from too much carnitine, lecithin and choline, which change the bacteria in your gut to produce inflammation in your body. That can lead to an increased risk of heart attacks, strokes, cancer and brain dysfunction. A large study published in JAMA Internal Medicine found that eating one additional serving a day of unprocessed red meat over the decades-long course of the study raised the risk of mortality by 13 percent.

I rather eat real meat. Very fine thank you.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Plant-based burgers may not be as healthy as you think
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »
Not like I was going to eat them anyway.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Plant-based burgers may not be as healthy as you think
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
I tried the Impossible Burger at Carl's Jr. (Hardee's if you're in the east) and was not impressed one bit.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe