Author Topic: Operation Mushtarak Commences: U.S. Launches Major Offensive in Afghanistan  (Read 2285 times)

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
 :saluteusmc:

Been waiting for this for a few weeks. Don't let the title fool ya...It's mostly U.S. forces.

U.S., Afghan and NATO Forces Begin Offensive Against Taliban

Roughly 15,000 American, Afghan and NATO forces began an assault late Friday on the Taliban in the central Helmand town of Marjah in what senior military commanders are calling the largest operation since the start of the Afghanistan war

FULL STORY

HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan-HELMAND PROVINCE, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan – Cpl. Joshua D. Villegas, a radio operator attached to Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, watches nearby farms for insurgent activity Feb. 9 from a building rooftop in the center of “Five Points,” a key intersection of roads linking the northern area of the insurgent stronghold of Marjeh with the rest of Helmand province. Marines of Charlie Co. conducted a helicopter-borne assault that morning to seize the area. 2/9/2010 6:58 AM
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline thundley4

Is this the same offensive effort that the media has been talking about for several weeks also?  :banghead:

• DEUS VULT
Yes. Actually I blame the Pentagon Pinheads on this one. They wanted to telegraph their intentions so as to minimize collateral damage, i.e, civilians.

Boneheads. It's called the new PC way of fighting a war.

Offline thundley4

Yes. Actually I blame the Pentagon Pinheads on this one. They wanted to telegraph their intentions so as to minimize collateral damage, i.e, civilians.

Boneheads. It's called the new PC way of fighting a war.

I blame the left.

How many *cross dressers escaped that area in the last couple of weeks?

*Men dressed as women to escape instead of fighting

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
I blame the left.

How many *cross dressers escaped that area in the last couple of weeks?

*Men dressed as women to escape instead of fighting

Putting it that way could have consequences, you know.  Bwarney Fwank may just have to make a trip over there to "investigate" and "inquire" (as in, "Are you?"  "Me too?").  Maybe have to take Bernie Sanders with him.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DumbAss Tanker

It's difficult to imagine the Taliban being stupid enough to leave their key people behind to die in place, rather than leaving as 'Refugees' days in advance, only to return (With our help) later to assassinate the Afghan government gusy we are trying to install.

There is actually more to it than minimizing collateral damage, it is also a way of demonstrating that they can't face us in a stand-up fight.  This point is completely lost on the Afghans it is supposed to impress, of course, since they have been thieves and dry-gulchers of renown throughout their recorded history, so it's a stupid point to try to make. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• DEUS VULT
Last I heard, the Taliban was making civilians stay at gunpoint so they can hide behind them.

These are the kind of scum we are facing. **** giving them Miranda rights on the battlefield. Kill them all. Slit their throats, cut out their eyes and piss in their skulls. Kill their women and children too so like cockroaches they can't breed another generation. Total War. Something the Imposter in Chief and the rest of those pussies in the Pentagon don't have the balls to do.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Last I heard, the Taliban was making civilians stay at gunpoint so they can hide behind them.

These are the kind of scum we are facing. **** giving them Miranda rights on the battlefield. Kill them all. Slit their throats, cut out their eyes and piss in their skulls. Kill their women and children too so like cockroaches they can't breed another generation. Total War. Something the Imposter in Chief and the rest of those pussies in the Pentagon don't have the balls to do.

Killing women and children and noncoms in general ? That's taking it a bit too far.