Author Topic: Bush's last press conf.  (Read 713 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Bush's last press conf.
« on: January 12, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »
I watched the thing. Not bad. The press, while asking some tough questions, didn't go for the throat.

Loved the Bush Derangement Syndrom question!

Let's hear from the DUmp:

erpowers (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 12:40 PM
Original message
Bush Haters?: Thoughts on the Last Press Conference
 Advertisements [?]

First, who are these mythical people who supposedly hate President George Bush just because he is George Bush. Throughtout the presidency certain reporters have claimed that George Bush is hated simply because he George Bush. On at least one other occasion I have stated that it seems that if there are any people on the left who hate George Bush just because of who he is they are very few. No doubt there has been anger from the left pointed in Bush's direction. However, that anger was not based on the fact that George Bush is George Bush, due to his policies. Anytime Bush was criticized by the left it was based on a policy disagreement and not any dislike of Bush himself.

I remember the first years of the Bush Administration when Democrats seemed to try hard not to make their argument against Bush about Bush himself. When Bush first came into office Democrats tried hard to make argument about policy. However, it seems that anytime anyone tried to criticize a Bush policy some Republians claimed Bush himself was being criticized. However, as far as I remember Democrats tried hard not to go after Bush on a personal level.

On another note Bush finally admitted making a few mistakes. In terms of the "Mission Accomplished" banner it only took about seven years and a few other things to make him realize he had in fact made a mistake.

How long will it be before they re-write the history books? They've already started. Oh, and btw, the banner was for the ship and it's crew. Their mission was completed. DUmbass.

sinkingfeeling  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 12:44 PM
Response to Original message
1. I detest the person, George W. Bush. I hate his polices and his beloved 
 ideology.

Most of the people on DU hate GWB for himself, in my opinion.

lib2DaBone  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-12-09 12:47 PM
4. Chimpy is so obviously drunk and off his rocker....
 but what really pisses me off is the Press Corp as they enable this anti-Christ. 

BDS. yeah, it's real.

Let's look at a different thread and see if there is any difference in the unbrideled hate:

Stanchetalarooni (632 posts)       Mon Jan-12-09 12:30 PM
Original message
Just saw his last (lecture) press conference. Hanging is too good for him.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8081457
He should be kept in a room sized Plexiglas box for all to visit. He would have a live mike available so that his final presser could last forever. People could throw shoes at the box. A dollar per shoe. We could erase the debt and feed the world at the same time. I would pilgrimage to Washington D.C. every year to pay him a visit.

Yeah, there's sanity.

liberalitch (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 12:32 PM
2. Yup,... we got lots of respect globally.....
 Did you see this on the WAPO site?
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/economy-watch/2009/01/...

I say "sure we'll release it..... on January 21."
What an Asshole!

Let's look at one more:

rurallib  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 12:01 PM
Original message
"George W is to Lincoln as ............ is to .............."
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8081383
Let's play a little game. Junior likes to compare himself to Lincoln. Let us help him. I'll go first:

"W is to Lincoln as chimpanzee is to Einstein"

Yeah, where is the hate?

AndyTiedye  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 12:14 PM
1. Bullies Tend to Become Republicans When They Reach Adulthood

from this thread:

kpete  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 12:12 PM
Original message
Why Bush Loves Violence- What do bad boys do when they grow up? They change. But Bush never stopped. 
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4813737

Edited on Mon Jan-12-09 12:15 PM by kpete
Why Bush Loves Violence

by Justy Frank

Psychiatrist Justin Frank, author of Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President, says the trail of destruction wrought by Bush over the last eight years is the direct consequence of handing a man with a destructive personality profile tremendous power.

What do bad boys do when they grow up? They change. But Bush never stopped.

Bush is leaving office immensely satisfied with his presidential accomplishments: Not merely wreaking havoc worldwide – actively destroying Iraq, and passively turning his back on New Orleans – he became feared both abroad and at home, where Congress and the press have yet to muster the courage to confront him. Now, the financial devastation of his policies seems to be hurtling the globe ever faster towards an economic Judgment Day.

The secret sadist in Bush greets all this as wonderful news, made even better by the possibility that he won’t get caught or punished, and that others will at least have to clean up his mess if they can. He may look and sound uncharacteristically sheepish of late, but his sense of self as president remains unchanged at its core. His primary concern remains self-regard, not history’s.

After 9/11, Bush discovered that Americans had handed over to him much of their sense of personal responsibility for thought and action. We were seduced into developing a thirst for revenge, in a war on terror that he originally called a crusade (until his aides told him to change terminology). Bush’s conscious fantasy about that crusade remains unwavering; what is unconscious is the fantasy that allows him to be willfully cruel, to dehumanize foreigners and the poor, whether they be soldiers or women and children. And he got us to go along with him.

more at:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-01-...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Bush's last press conf.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »
There was thread yesterday that had a picture which included Barbara Bush and the poster refered to her as "the white haired bag of evil".

Yep...perfectly sane and rational they all are. :whatever:

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 12:21:04 PM »
Who are they going to hate after Jan 20th?...... :loser:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
Who are they going to hate after Jan 20th?...... :loser:
...same crowd as always.

Hate to a DUmmie = mud to a pig.  The both love to wallow in it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »
Quote from:
erpowers

Anytime Bush was criticized by the left it was based on a policy disagreement and not any dislike of Bush himself.

:rotf:

The lies they tell themselves.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.