Author Topic: So is Trump ever going to prison?  (Read 702 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So is Trump ever going to prison?
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:49:00 AM »
ansible (1,316 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215313985

Even after 1/6 happened? Seems like in only 4 months people already forgot and moved on.

:whatever:

Star Member Marie Marie (9,801 posts)

1. I don't think Trump will see any prison time.

And I sure hope that I am wrong.

:loser:

Star Member Dave says (3,818 posts)

3. Though there are exceptions to the rule, rich people don't go to prison

Prison is for the little guys.

:loser: :loser:

True Dough (11,911 posts)

6. I'd sure love to see it

I also thought Melania would leave his old ass by now.

Glad I didn't put money on it.

:loser: :loser: :loser:

Star Member Celerity (18,763 posts)

10. Melania is a lifer. Biggest mistake people make (not saying you did) is thinking that she somehow just tolerates Trump and isn't really a nazi **** at heart. She is all that and more. She would have the hired help bake pies for a lynching if they came back into vogue in Florida. Plus, the slag would CHARGE the lynching crowds for the pie, in true Trumpian grifter fashion.

:mental:

Star Member msfiddlestix (1,448 posts)

8. It appears to me that this entire crime family will continue to be free as a bird forever

I see a little mention about investigations in Manhattan on the tax thing... a couple of months ago the best crime boss prosecutor was hired to cross all the T's and dot the i's. Michael Cohen attended over a half dozen interviews etc etc, but everything has gone silent.

That asshole is still free to pretend he's the real president, and he'll be back in 2024! All the fraudulent fundraising. none of this shit should be going on anymore. but it is. this just cannot stand anymore, but it is.

Star Member brooklynite (69,260 posts)

25. Are you under the impression that prosecutors publicly share their evidence before trial?

Star Member msfiddlestix (1,448 posts)

26. Oh, is there a trial on the docket?

No? I didn't think so.

:rotf:

Star Member brooklynite (69,260 posts)

28. Again, that awaits completion of building a case.

In the meantime, its not the job of the Attorney General or District Attorney to share their findings with you.

:lmao:

Star Member DFW (42,225 posts)

12. I doubt it. He'll do everything to run out the clock as a free man

My hope is that he becomes such a social pariah during the rest of his life that the only places that will still cheer him at speeches will be small fundamentalist churches in small, hard-to-get-to towns in rural parts of Tennessee, Mississippi or Idaho.

If everywhere else would just shun him, that would crush him. He’d be nothing more than a well-known receptionist at Mierda Lago.

I don’t think Melania would divorce him, either. I think she will avoid being around him, like she did during his time in office (more like out of the office). But I think she probably signed a pre-nup that leaves her high and dry if she leaves first.

Buckeye_Democrat (11,191 posts)

20. I doubt it, but I hope otherwise.

Even Hillary Clinton never mentioned prison for him. She simply stated, months ago prior to the election. that she hoped he'd be out of the White House and then spend the remainder of his life on golf courses.

Star Member Kid Berwyn (5,682 posts)

22. He should.

Traitor. Mass murderer. Fraud.

Never stop trying to get him where he belongs.

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Star Member SmartVoter22 (575 posts)

29. Don't rush the law's procedures

You seem to be in a hurry.

Shall we not gather evidence, testimony or even check phone records?
For all those who think the Trump cases are moving too slowly for Americans to remember a crime may have been committed.
For those folks, let me apologize right here, right now...

We are so sorry that the American legal system isn't run like a McDonald's drive thru.
We try to complete entire investigations, trials and appeals within that precious 5min time frame you may be expecting.

Next time, we'll try harder to convict and imprison a potential criminal while the french fries are still hot.

While your waiting in line, at your favorite drive thru, let me provide you with some interesting, and factual information about Trump's legal case.
This link is the case that sought his tax records, which SCOTUS forced Trump, like they did with Nixon....to hand over the documents.
Enjoy the reading.
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2020/attorney-general-james-takes-action-force-trump-organization-comply-ongoing

:mental:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: So is Trump ever going to prison?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 10:12:27 AM »
24 business hours anyone?

Sorry, that still makes me chuckle after all these years.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 10:26:52 AM »
ansible (1,316 posts)

so are you ever going to present legitimate charges against him that he should go to prison for?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:20:23 AM »
Why should Trump go to prison for telling his followers to be peaceful when they went to the Capitol?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:20:31 AM »
24 business hours anyone?

Sorry, that still makes me chuckle after all these years.

That is a good one but 24 business hours is still a lot quicker than the time it will take for Omaha Steve Dawes to finally die.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 11:39:47 AM »
They keep banking on tax returns that, prior to being filed, were audited by top accounts and tax preparers (many of whom were former IRS agents) to show irregularities or to show some law being violated. Fat chance.

The tax code is intentionally cloudy so as to manipulate the results. Give 10 top accounting teams the same corporate numbers and you’ll get 10 different answers as to what is or isn’t owed. Low-brow libs like the primitives wouldn’t be bright enough to know how to bend the tax code to their advantage even if they made enough to warrant filing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 07:07:26 PM »
They keep banking on tax returns that, prior to being filed, were audited by top accounts and tax preparers (many of whom were former IRS agents) to show irregularities or to show some law being violated. Fat chance.

The tax code is intentionally cloudy so as to manipulate the results. Give 10 top accounting teams the same corporate numbers and you’ll get 10 different answers as to what is or isn’t owed. Low-brow libs like the primitives wouldn’t be bright enough to know how to bend the tax code to their advantage even if they made enough to warrant filing.

Not to mention that it's the paid tax preparer that gets busted, not the client. (Unless they can document that Trump explicitly told them to violate tax law.)

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 07:10:42 PM »
Poor DUmmies.  They were all SO convinced the President Trump was going to get indicted and be frog-marched on 1/22.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 12:27:16 PM »
No, next question.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 02:38:01 PM »
ansible (1,316 posts)

Even after 1/6 happened? Seems like in only 4 months people already forgot and moved on.

Biden left with egg on his face as facts of Capitol 'riot' wind through courts
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/biden_left_with_egg_on_his_face_as_facts_of_capitol_riot_wind_through_courts.html
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du