Author Topic: If we manage to elect a Democrat as President. Rockhead  (Read 686 times)

Offline CC27

If we manage to elect a Democrat as President. Rockhead
« on: December 05, 2019, 10:36:31 AM »
MineralMan (125,608 posts)

If we manage to elect a Democrat as President

and can somehow elect a majority in the Senate, any of the leading candidates for the nomination will accomplish good things during their first term. That's the bottom line for this election.

Probably none of those leading candidates will get done what they're talking about during the campaign. That pretty much goes without saying. Obama had to back away from some of his wants to get things passed, and so will the Democrat we elect next November.

What some candidates are talking about now are plans that are aspirational, rather than realistic. That's what primary candidates do. That's what they should do, really. However, only the most optimistic of supporters actually believe that the plans of the candidate they champion will actually become the laws of the land. That's an unrealistic point of view.

The reality is that any of the top four candidates will get some worthwhile stuff done, assuming we can give that person a Senate with a Democratic majority. First, a lot needs to be undone that was done badly by Donald J. Trump. But, there are measures that will move us forward in a progressive way that can be passed. Just not the overreaching targets some candidates are proposing.

We need to think about real possibilities, rather than dream of ideals. Otherwise, we're going to end up being disappointed when our favorite candidate, if elected, will fail to accomplish the lofty goals that candidate has proposed before the election.

Realistic expectations are a great way to ensure satisfaction with results.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287369631

Still a know it all jackass.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: If we manage to elect a Democrat as President. Rockhead
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:50:58 AM »

Probably none of those leading candidates will get done what they're talking about during the campaign...

...What some candidates are talking about now are plans that are aspirational, rather than realistic. That's what primary candidates do. That's what they should do, really. However, only the most optimistic of supporters actually believe that the plans of the candidate they champion will actually become the laws of the land. That's an unrealistic point of view.
Trump seems to be doing a lot of what he said he would do when he was campaigning. Maybe DUmmies have lower expectations?
https://gop.com/promises-made-promises-kept/
https://www.promiseskept.com
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 11:40:57 AM »
Realistic expectations are a great way to ensure satisfaction with results.

I agree whole heartedly, so be prepared for 4 more years of Trump, and hopefully a loss in the house as well.

You have a short bus full of unelectable clown who are focusing on the wishes of a small minority of losers, not the American people as a whole
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 11:54:05 AM »

I thought that word was verboten at the DUmp?   :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 02:52:05 PM »
Trump seems to be doing a lot of what he said he would do when he was campaigning.
https://gop.com/promises-made-promises-kept/
https://www.promiseskept.com

and he has done so with a democrat party that is 100% against him and several members of his own party pushing back against him
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 08:18:59 AM »
I still think it's funny that rockhead talks down to his fellow primitives and they let him. Many even seem to enjoy it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 11:31:11 AM »

Hell will freeze,

Pigs will fly,

and Elvis will be playing in Vegas again! :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!