Author Topic: Triggering-wise, it was a tough week for this scab picking primitive  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Delmar

Sat Sep 5, 2020, 03:42 PM
Star Member Siwsan (15,743 posts)

This was quite a trigger week

First, I watched the movie 'Bombshell'. My brother, who used to be a film researcher in the library at the 20th Century Fox movie studio and had numerous chances to meet and observe both Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, highly recommended the movie. It was excellent but pulled off some emotional memory scabs I'd hoped were long healed.

THEN almost immediately after watching the film, came this whole verbal slap in the face from trump* about veterans. So, two things stored in the trench of experiences in my past managed to coincided - work place sexual harassment, the worst of which occurred during, but wasn't limited to my time as an voluntary active duty member of the United States Navy.

After watching the film, I started to tremble. It was so weird. I took a good dose of CBD, walked around for a while, and the trembling subsided. Then heard about and read the Atlantic article and I swear that steam started coming out of my ears. Not just because I, as a veteran, took it as a slap in the face, but that it was a massive slap against the continuous generations of my family who have honorably served the nation, going back to the nation's founding.

There are days when I seriously wonder how I'll make it through the coming months
but I am determined that I will, and that I will end up on the winning side.

Now I'm going to make some Italian sausage with peppers (fresh picked from my garden), open a bottle of something red, toast some garlic bread and live as if all is good. For now, anyway.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214028916

This trembling, triggered, scab picking, basket case is is in for a real body blow come election day.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Triggering-wise, it was a tough week for this scab picking primitive
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »
This election certainly has the potential to eclipse 2016!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 04:19:35 PM »
voluntary active duty member of the United States Navy

who the **** call it that?

voluntary active duty member

Seriously.... what the ****, over?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 05:07:52 PM »

who the **** calls it that?

Someone who’s lying.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 10:18:45 PM »
Someone who’s lying.

Stolen valor.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 07:58:44 AM »
Having been careful to check the date/time stamp of the post first, were Star Moron Siwsan informed and honest (s)he would be pissed at The Atlantic's dishonesty that makes Hate-Trump Proggies look like credulous dupes. Which Star Moron Siwsan shows himself/herself to be.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 09:49:15 AM »
I just don't get this whole thing of them trying to out-do each other with the mental issues

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »

who the **** call it that?

Seriously.... what the ****, over?

:whatever:

Only people I've heard use a turn of phrase similar to that is reserve component people who volunteer for a short AD tour, anything from a month to a year.  Way back, some tours were for as long as two years, but not so much anymore.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 05:32:34 PM »
I just don't get this whole thing of them trying to out-do each other with the mental issues
They can't afford pogs to trade
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 08:49:24 PM »
Sat Sep 5, 2020, 03:42 PM
Star Member Siwsan (15,743 posts)

This was quite a trigger week

First, I watched the movie 'Bombshell'. My brother, who used to be a film researcher in the library at the 20th Century Fox movie studio and had numerous chances to meet and observe both Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, highly recommended the movie. It was excellent but pulled off some emotional memory scabs I'd hoped were long healed.

THEN almost immediately after watching the film, came this whole verbal slap in the face from trump* about veterans. So, two things stored in the trench of experiences in my past managed to coincided - work place sexual harassment, the worst of which occurred during, but wasn't limited to my time as an voluntary active duty member of the United States Navy.

After watching the film, I started to tremble. It was so weird. I took a good dose of CBD, walked around for a while, and the trembling subsided. Then heard about and read the Atlantic article and I swear that steam started coming out of my ears. Not just because I, as a veteran, took it as a slap in the face, but that it was a massive slap against the continuous generations of my family who have honorably served the nation, going back to the nation's founding.

There are days when I seriously wonder how I'll make it through the coming months but I am determined that I will, and that I will end up on the winning side.

Now I'm going to make some Italian sausage with peppers (fresh picked from my garden), open a bottle of something red, toast some garlic bread and live as if all is good. For now, anyway.

Mega triggered are we.  :panic: :chill:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 09:02:59 AM »
Mega triggered are we.  :panic: :chill:

More like MAGA-triggered, :rotf:  :fuelfire: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 11:36:00 AM »
More like MAGA-triggered, :rotf:  :fuelfire: .
Now is probably not the time to tell them that Trump just got nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Again.

What am I saying?? Of course it's the time!!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 02:05:23 PM »
Now is probably not the time to tell them that Trump just got nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Again.

What am I saying?? Of course it's the time!!

That was for the Bosnia-Kosovo matter. In today's news, Bahrain normalized relations with Israel. EuroLanders being EuroLanders, Trump will probably be one of the most accomplished NPP-rejectees in the history of the NPP.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 03:49:10 PM »

and he was actually nominated for doing an act that lead to peace, not just for getting elected POTUS while having a certain skin color.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 04:50:26 PM »
and he was actually nominated for doing an act that lead to peace, not just for getting elected POTUS while having a certain skin color.

It seems as if President 0bama received the award for melanin content.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender