Author Topic: Story Of Responsible Couple Ignites A Firestorm Of DUmp Class Envy  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Story Of Responsible Couple Ignites A Firestorm Of DUmp Class Envy
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »
Wow....do you think they were reading our comments to their posts?

I'm not as versed as some here are when it comes to DU, so I'd be curious as to what their opinions are on why this person deleted their posts. My opinion on it? it had nothing to do with us, the poster was being piled on by leftists and instead of sticking to their opinion no matter the fallout they retreated, kind of like the hold the left has over blacks, if someone black strays they pile on, but the strong blacks basically say :bird: to the left.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
I'm not as versed as some here are when it comes to DU, so I'd be curious as to what their opinions are on why this person deleted their posts? my opinion on it? it had nothing to do with us, the poster was being piled on by leftists and instead of sticking to their opinion no matter the fallout they retreated, kind of like the hold the left has over blacks, if someone black strays they pile on, but the strong blacks basically say :bird: to the left.

Or it could be the powers that be over at DU do not encourage independent, responsible thinking and they disappeared the posts...... :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Every DUmbass claims to be destitute,in hock to their eyeballs,no future in life...

Until the next bag of weed.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
Or it could be the powers that be over at DU do not encourage independent, responsible thinking and they disappeared the posts...... :whatever:

All the posts say this:

This message was self-deleted by its author
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »
All the posts say this:

This message was self-deleted by its author

Oh well, just a guess.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Karin

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 12:14:51 PM »
From the thread, it didn't appear that they piled on Heretic.  My guess is came through in PM's.  It's too bad he did that; it did show a glimmer of independent thought. 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:05 PM »
They will never be anything but impoverished DUmmies because they will always see themselves as impoverished DUmmies who needs someone else to fix their lives for them.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 12:50:04 PM »
The DUmbasses think they are super smart and the brightest people on earth even though they have little accomplishment and zero success. Therefore, it has to be an evil plot by the stupid and uneducated to put them down. I don't know what personality disorder/mental disease this is clinically called but is definitely a deep psychological problem. This is why I think that the DUmp should be disbanded for the mental health of all the misfits on the island. By finding positive reinforcement for this mental disease, they will never heal and the sicker ones will drag down those that might possibly have been healed.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Dori

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:21 PM »
I don't know what personality disorder/mental disease this is clinically called but is definitely a deep psychological problem. This is why I think that the DUmp should be disbanded for the mental health of all the misfits on the island.

If I were queen for the day, I would put them all out into a forest near a lake, far away from any signs of civilization.  Give them a few basics, like a sleeping bag, an ax, a knife, a gun, some matches and a few vessels and leave them there alone for a year.

Would they live or would they die of their inability to survive? 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »
If I were queen for the day, I would put them all out into a forest near a lake, far away from any signs of civilization.  Give them a few basics, like a sleeping bag, an ax, a knife, a gun, some matches and a few vessels and leave them there alone for a year.

Would they live or would they die of their inability to survive? 
When you returned you'd just find a few moles, armed to the gills.

Offline Karin

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 02:22:45 PM »
 :lmao: :rotf:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 07:18 PM
duffyduff (907 posts)

55. Any time I read about the "struggles" of married, working couples I want to hurl.

They have NO clue how rough it is to be single with no real income at all and too young to collect SS.

Oh, poor dear DUmmieDuffy, I'm sorry you have it worse than any other person on the planet. For instance, there's those uber-dependent starving children in Africa who constantly have their hands out for free food. What the hell? It's certainly not your fault they were born in such a harsh place crawling with warlords who take much of the food sent their way. If those people can't keep track of their own damn food, they shouldn't get it! And have you seen how round their bellies are...how can they possibly be hungry? Obviously, they're taking government funds that should be given to people such as yourself, poor souls without any "real" income...except that teeny tiny amount which allows you to pay for Internet access.

I'm so sorry your mother was SO damn shelfish, giving birth to you instead of having an abortion. Had she thought of you and the cruel world she was subjecting you to, maybe she would've had some compassion. At least that way you wouldn't have to suffer so deeply that your only recourse is going on an Internet message board and finding sympathy amongst others whose parents were too self centered to have abortions. It's tantamount to child abuse, subjecting all of you to such misery!

As for not beingl able to get SS because you're too young, I can't believe the injustice you must suffer every single day of your miserable life! My goodness, it's worse than being a woman or girl in the Congo! Being completely able bodies but unable to qualify for lifetime government support, well, I'm sure you'd rather be raped to the point that your insides are bleeding and hanging halfway out of your body and only having 50 miles to walk to get medical care! Bet they don't even have to pay for their surgery or insurance premiums charged by those evil corporations!

But, honey, I can assure you that being on SS is no panacea...sometimes the amount you get isn't even a living wage! My Nana is 94 and she gets just a little over $700 a month. Can you believe the government actually expects her to pay premiums for her medical insurance, too? And her premiums are going through the roof because of 0bamacare! Plus, many of the doctors in her area aren't taking Medicare patients anymore! Can you believe it? Stupid rich bastards...how DARE they be so selfish! Just because they have a decade or more of student loan payments, employees, office fees, are required to have liability insureance & living expenses they have to pay, well, it's just mean! Personally, I think they should treat everyone who doesn't want to pay for free...they can have a bake sale or raffle a few scalpels and speculums if they need more money!

However, if you still think you deserve SS because being able-bodied and unable to find a job and being so miserable every day, well, that's pretty much a disability then this nation HAS to do something about it! I think the government should kick a few adults with Downs Syndrome or some of those warmongering veterans who have lost limbs or maybe the ones with brain injuries who are having to relearn everything! Hell, they're so out of it, they probably wouldn't notice they weren't getting it anymore! Same with those Downs Syndrome people...some of them actually have jobs! Why should they be on SS when someone such as yourself can't even find employment? Besides, they shouldn't even be taking up space on this planet! Seriously, every single pregnant woman in America should be forced to be tested. There should be a law making abortion mandatory if a test proves their babies even MIGHT have some kind of disability. Might take up to six or so months to figure out whether all their limbs are there, but so what?

But may I offer you a heartfelt suggestion? Because I know a way you can get on SS for the rest of your life and it's quite simple, really. See, it's hard to prove mental and emotional disabilities such as yours. But, physical disabilities, well, those are much, much easier to prove. Why don't you just throw yourself in front of a train? Think about it...if you survived you'd have no problem getting the government funds so you can leech off the American taxpayer get your fair share since those people are lucky enough to have jobs. As an added bonus, if you didn't survive, well, it would be kinda like a late, late term abortion. You'd finally be free of this cruel world with it's mean spirited people. You would be doing what your mother obviously should have done in the first place!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »
I am totally taking financial advice from the tards over at DU.  ::)

Good for this couple paying off their debts.  If we got anywhere near an $8,000 tax return, we could have paid off the remaining balance on my car and quite a few small loans.  I guess we would be considered 1%-er's though.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 08:40:56 PM »
I'm curious how one gets an $8,000 tax refund.  I've never gotten more than a couple hundred dollars.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »
Oh, poor dear DUmmieDuffy, I'm sorry you have it worse than any other person on the planet. For instance, there's those uber-dependent starving children in Africa who constantly have their hands out for free food. What the hell? It's certainly not your fault they were born in such a harsh place crawling with warlords who take much of the food sent their way. If those people can't keep track of their own damn food, they shouldn't get it! And have you seen how round their bellies are...how can they possibly be hungry? Obviously, they're taking government funds that should be given to people such as yourself, poor souls without any "real" income...except that teeny tiny amount which allows you to pay for Internet access.

I'm so sorry your mother was SO damn shelfish, giving birth to you instead of having an abortion. Had she thought of you and the cruel world she was subjecting you to, maybe she would've had some compassion. At least that way you wouldn't have to suffer so deeply that your only recourse is going on an Internet message board and finding sympathy amongst others whose parents were too self centered to have abortions. It's tantamount to child abuse, subjecting all of you to such misery!

As for not beingl able to get SS because you're too young, I can't believe the injustice you must suffer every single day of your miserable life! My goodness, it's worse than being a woman or girl in the Congo! Being completely able bodies but unable to qualify for lifetime government support, well, I'm sure you'd rather be raped to the point that your insides are bleeding and hanging halfway out of your body and only having 50 miles to walk to get medical care! Bet they don't even have to pay for their surgery or insurance premiums charged by those evil corporations!

But, honey, I can assure you that being on SS is no panacea...sometimes the amount you get isn't even a living wage! My Nana is 94 and she gets just a little over $700 a month. Can you believe the government actually expects her to pay premiums for her medical insurance, too? And her premiums are going through the roof because of 0bamacare! Plus, many of the doctors in her area aren't taking Medicare patients anymore! Can you believe it? Stupid rich bastards...how DARE they be so selfish! Just because they have a decade or more of student loan payments, employees, office fees, are required to have liability insureance & living expenses they have to pay, well, it's just mean! Personally, I think they should treat everyone who doesn't want to pay for free...they can have a bake sale or raffle a few scalpels and speculums if they need more money!

However, if you still think you deserve SS because being able-bodied and unable to find a job and being so miserable every day, well, that's pretty much a disability then this nation HAS to do something about it! I think the government should kick a few adults with Downs Syndrome or some of those warmongering veterans who have lost limbs or maybe the ones with brain injuries who are having to relearn everything! Hell, they're so out of it, they probably wouldn't notice they weren't getting it anymore! Same with those Downs Syndrome people...some of them actually have jobs! Why should they be on SS when someone such as yourself can't even find employment? Besides, they shouldn't even be taking up space on this planet! Seriously, every single pregnant woman in America should be forced to be tested. There should be a law making abortion mandatory if a test proves their babies even MIGHT have some kind of disability. Might take up to six or so months to figure out whether all their limbs are there, but so what?

But may I offer you a heartfelt suggestion? Because I know a way you can get on SS for the rest of your life and it's quite simple, really. See, it's hard to prove mental and emotional disabilities such as yours. But, physical disabilities, well, those are much, much easier to prove. Why don't you just throw yourself in front of a train? Think about it...if you survived you'd have no problem getting the government funds so you can leech off the American taxpayer get your fair share since those people are lucky enough to have jobs. As an added bonus, if you didn't survive, well, it would be kinda like a late, late term abortion. You'd finally be free of this cruel world with it's mean spirited people. You would be doing what your mother obviously should have done in the first place!

Cindie

This was awesome.  H5

• Oh snap!
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »
I'm curious how one gets an $8,000 tax refund.  I've never gotten more than a couple hundred dollars.

No idea.  Our largest one ever was still under $2,000.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »

Breed like rabbits and claim the EITC?  Deliberately overpay on your weekly withholding to get it back at tax time?

Offline longview

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »

File a messed up W4 form at work, getting too much deducted throughout the year.  I consider that giving the Feds an interest free loan.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2013, 09:04:56 PM »
File a messed up W4 form at work, getting too much deducted throughout the year.  I consider that giving the Feds an interest free loan.
The white trash savings account.

Hell, it's not like you get any interest from the bank anyway.  0.65%... woo hoo.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »

I think they were newlyweds and the wife was only making $1500 a mo.  Maybe the husband still had a single/0 or even a minus dependent amount withholding on his W4.   

I worked with a girl who did single/0 plus an additional $25 a week for Federal withholding just so she would get a large refund.   :shrug:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 09:41:28 PM »
Breed like rabbits and claim the EITC?  Deliberately overpay on your weekly withholding to get it back at tax time?

A friend of mine was telling me about a guy he worked with a couple of years back.  He was married to a woman who had several kids. 

Between the two of them and the kids (the guy worked part time), they pulled a check for between $11,000-$16,000, I can't remember the exact figure.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »
The DUmbasses think they are super smart and the brightest people on earth even though they have little accomplishment and zero success. Therefore, it has to be an evil plot by the stupid and uneducated to put them down. I don't know what personality disorder/mental disease this is clinically called but is definitely a deep psychological problem. This is why I think that the DUmp should be disbanded for the mental health of all the misfits on the island. By finding positive reinforcement for this mental disease, they will never heal and the sicker ones will drag down those that might possibly have been healed.

Paranoid Personality Disorder
A. A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

(1) suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
(2) is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
(3) is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
(4) reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
(5) persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
(6) perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
(7) has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

B. Does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, or another Psychotic Disorder and is not due to the direct physiological effects of a general medical condition.

http://behavenet.com/paranoid-personality-disorder

The DUmmies are paranoid and feel they are being conspired against.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

http://behavenet.com/narcissistic-personality-disorder

They have an overinflated ego and think they know it all, which leads to Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder.

A pervasive pattern of preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and mental and interpersonal control, at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

(1) is preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost
(2) shows perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met)
(3) is excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)
(4) is overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification)
(5) is unable to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value
(6) is reluctant to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things
(7) adopts a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes
(8) shows rigidity and stubbornness

http://behavenet.com/obsessive-compulsive-personality-disorder
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
I'm curious how one gets an $8,000 tax refund. 
The sky's the limit when you're writing a DUmp post.

Offline A7X_foREVer

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 11:25:35 PM »
The sky's the limit when you're writing a DUmp post.

Aim high see how far it's taken as truth
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 03:34 PM
reformist2 (3,922 posts)

9. Step #1 for paying off a lot of debt...make a boatload of money!

Or just stop buying things you don't need, with money you don't have, to impress people you don't like.  :asssmack: (I say this b/c a lot of my liberal neighbors do this).

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional