Author Topic: Nutcase nadin Prepares To Rappel For The News  (Read 3651 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Nutcase nadin Prepares To Rappel For The News
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »
Response to nadinbrzezinski

(long wolf whistle!) Be careful! You are doing all the right things. 4-wheel drive, full gas tank, and a safety crate in the back with provisions should you get stuck,

Anybody want to take a stab at the level of provisions nads would need to tote around with her?  How does one pack a provision bag when they look like they're on a 15,000 calorie-a-day diet?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »
Anybody want to take a stab at the level of provisions nads would need to tote around with her?

First, canned milk. Lots and lots of canned milk.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »
First, canned milk. Lots and lots of canned milk.

One can of Carnation Canned Milk has 480 calories.  Just to survive for two days, she's going to need 64 cans of milk.  Doesn't she drive a truck?  This is probably why. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
How's she gonna get to the mountains using the Trolley?

And seriously, nads--you live in SAN-DI-****ING-EGO.  The worst weather you hit around there is June gloom.  Even the mountains around San Diego are worse for the heat than the snow and cold which almost always melts in a matter of hours.

You need to go NORTH, doofus.  Like Bishop and points north in the Sierras.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline R_Tatum

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 05:11:16 PM »
I just want to have a full kit

In the jeep. No snowmobile here. I used to do rescue, why I got the gear, and know how to use it.

It has not been used in a long time. So time to inventory and replace what needs replacing. (Which is most of it...I need a helmet too)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=2181275

Ut oh, she "knows how to use it!"  :whatever:

Ummmm....Toots, you don't need a helmet, you need a burlap sack over your face.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 05:14:03 PM »
She has a helmet, but doesn't like to wear it because then she can't lick the windows.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 05:24:12 PM »
Response to nadinbrzezinski (Reply #46)
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 04:50 PM
 ReRe (1,296 posts)
55. Yeah...I think...

...you're going to be fine, now that you told me that you used to be a paramedic!

Yep, a new bully.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »
Anybody want to take a stab at the level of provisions nads would need to tote around with her?  How does one pack a provision bag when they look like they're on a 15,000 calorie-a-day diet?

Nads 1 day Survival Packet:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 06:51:20 PM »
9. Nope...but read the OP

We're reporters. So at times, when you go away from the storm, we go towards it.

I used to do rescue for real... And as we inventoried the basic stuff you need to carry when driving in winter weather, we both went...time to inventory the mountain rescue gear (and most likely) replace most of it.

If in the course of a story I come across a major accident, I can actually help...many moons ago I got to rappel down one of them hills and start care before local VFD got there. Used to carry a full trauma kit in the car. Need to actually increase the size of the first aid kit.

She stole mountain rescue gear from her last gig as a lowly EMT?

Aren't there laws against this?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 06:55:31 PM »
Response to ReRe (Reply #55)Sat Jan 12, 2013, 06:46 PM
 zappaman (6,634 posts)
74. nd a champion fencer who almost went to the Olympics!

So, she is definitely agile enough.
Add in paramedic, as you noted, as well as cop, firefighter, and marine, and I highly doubt we have to worry.
Regardless, good luck Nadine!

She was never a paramedic.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »
When is anybody more than just franksolich going to agree that the oblate spheroid's full of it?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
When is anybody more than just franksolich going to agree that the oblate spheroid's full of it?
Of course she is. She's fuller of it than any DUmmy in the history of the DUmp, with the possible exception of TiT.

That's why she was a brilliant, exceptional, exemplary DUmmy of the Year, and why she should have been reelected.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »
 Maybe she's DollarTits feminine side?

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 08:12:50 PM »
Response to ReRe (Reply #39)
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 04:13 PM
nadinbrzezinski (114,962 posts)
43. Reporter... It's what we do

If need be, lower the back seat...pick up food on the way, water, throw the sleeping bag for fun, and the entrenching tool. (And pick a pair of heavy duty gloves)

Of course, fill the thermos with coffee.

I need to put in the first aid kit in as well. Alas, that's obvious.

You wanna laugh? Most of our local press wings it...next fire season I need to take the funny photo of guy in flip flops, shorts and short sleeve rayon shirt by the fire line. Right now they got the god given sense...not to try to get stupid and get satellite trucks in there. Between the high profile, top heavy and no four wheel... Hey bud, you wanna be part of the news?

I just noticed the bolded. She might be needing the rope to wrangle the other 'participant' of fun into the sleeping bag.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
I see this in her future.

[youtube=425,350]/3hoJfi9kPh0[/youtube]
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »

Oh, coach, it's never been a question of anyone on this side of the fence ever believing a word she ever said.  Hell, most of HER side thinks she's fuller of crap than a Thanksgiving turkey.

Nads is like your insane relative you can't NOT invite to family gatherings.  She's embarrassing, pathetic, yet in a perverse way, you keep her around if only to hear what pathetically stupid shit she'll say next.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 08:52:15 PM »
Response to ReRe (Reply #39)
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 04:13 PM
nadinbrzezinski (114,962 posts)
43. Reporter... It's what we do

If need be, lower the back seat...pick up food on the way, water, throw the sleeping bag for fun, and the entrenching tool. (And pick a pair of heavy duty gloves)

Of course, fill the thermos with coffee.

I need to put in the first aid kit in as well. Alas, that's obvious.

She forgot the Nomex.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 05:12:16 AM »
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:28 PM
nadinbrzezinski (114,938 posts)

Well, next thing I need to do is inventory my mountain gear
And make sure we get a new rope...a twenty year old line is not something I'd trust my life to.

We will be covering the back country in winter as well. Having good rope and all that is a good idea.

Funny thing, we have the capacity to get to the back country, which our competitors really do not.

The sort of rope you need to keep from turning into a grease stain on the rocks below takes one burly sailor per yard to carry around, and us usually found in the anchor locker of a ULCC.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 05:35:32 AM »
Response to a zappaman admirer...

nadinbrzezinski (115,006 posts)
11. What snark!!!!

Thankfully I don't alert.

Iggy list though... Welcome to it.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 07:17:12 AM »
Response to a zappaman admirer...

Iggy list though... Welcome to it.
That'll that nasty bully a thing or three.

Response to nadinbrzezinski 
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
ReRe (1,290 posts)
39. Whew!
(long wolf whistle!) Be careful! You are doing all the right things. 4-wheel drive, full gas tank, and a safety crate in the back with provisions should you get stuck, chains, how about a wench? Do you have "On Star"? You take care! You sound like you are in the movie "The Shining."
Um, no.
Just no.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »
Wench, winch, wrench, what's the difference, right?   :lmao:  :rotf:

Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline andhe78

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »

She is full of it.  I climb for a living and for recreation-trees, rocks, glaciers, windmills, radio towers, etc. and even teach rope rescue courses for several of the local fire departments.  There is not a saddle on the market that would go around her waist, they top out at around 45 inches and if you are climbing in winter weather, you lose a couple inches just from the heavier clothing.  Not to mention the fact that she is so top heavy, I've got to wonder how she stays upright on rope.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »
She is full of it.  I climb for a living and for recreation-trees, rocks, glaciers, windmills, radio towers, etc. and even teach rope rescue courses for several of the local fire departments.  There is not a saddle on the market that would go around her waist, they top out at around 45 inches and if you are climbing in winter weather, you lose a couple inches just from the heavier clothing.  Not to mention the fact that she is so top heavy, I've got to wonder how she stays upright on rope.

It's too bad some lurker can't call it on this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00:19 AM »
:lmao: at zappamans comment!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 10:02:55 AM »
I dunno, if she hiked anything more difficult than the buffet line at Golden Corral, I'll be surprised.

Although with her girth, it's more likely than not she'd need some load-bearing gear to get that plate (and her fat ass) back to the table.