Author Topic: Daughter finds conservative men and beliefs attractive, MJkcj heartbroken  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Daughter finds conservative men and beliefs attractive, MJkcj heartbroken
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
For God's sake, shave your pits!!!

Ok, ok, something you actually recognize, For Gaia's sake, shave your pits!!!
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
For God's sake, shave your pits!!!

Ok, ok, something you actually recognize, For Gaia's sake, shave your pits!!!

You might want to throw something about shaving their faces in there as well.  I've seen some lib women sporting better mutton chops and chin hair than some guys can grow.

Offline jukin

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 09:56:22 PM »
My spouse is living proof of this.  H5.

Mine too.  All of her mother's children are very conservative. She asks Gia what she did wrong.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »
I was born in the 'Sip. Conservative dad, mom, paternal cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents...the ones left, hell, the only one that votes democrat is my maternal cousin, the crackhead who has never had a stable job, dropped out in 9th grade, and is a 43 y/o on disability because he gamed the system

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »
We tried. We ALL tried. We'll all be better off when he's DRT because he screwed over the wrong people. My mom hates when I say that, but I'm done. He's been given every chance you can think of. He's a drug-addicted thief. This f'n IDIOT inherited 65k when he turned 21 from his dad's death. Did he go to school? Well, of course not, he's an idiot. Did he spend the money getting certified in what he was good at, welding, or open his own business? Hell no. What did he do? Bought a mobile home, a used truck, and proceeded to PARTY HIS ASS off for a year. His friends came over and this f'er had steaks every weekend. 65k, cash, gone in a year. ...as were his friends.

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
I came to the US with my mom, dad and brother when I was a little kid, we're all staunch conservatives as its the furthest thing away from Communism, something we wanted to escape. Thankfully my husband and most of his family are also quite conservative, but his sister is a self-proclaimed Marxist, something which offends and upsets me to no end.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 05:57:17 AM »
Response to MJkcj (Original post)
Sat Sep 8, 2012, 09:43 PM
 Angry Dragon (18,809 posts)
4. intervention and have her partner arrested for abuse
Oh I would love to hear that phone call to the police. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline BigTex

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
Great Caesars Ghost (225 posts)
156. Sad to say this but it's ultimatum time

she is either with the progressive cause or an enemy. If she chooses the latter then disown her.

marions ghost (10,892 posts)
145. Yes but these days

being conservative means being ultra-conservative (at least it is if you are voting). To parents it can feel like their child has joined a cult.

B Calm (16,589 posts)
132. Take her name off the inheritance

if Mitt wins. Then explain why you and daddy will need her share to survive, thanks to her voting republican.

JustAnotherGen (4,257 posts)
116. Do what my dad did

When he found out I voted for Pataki for Governor of NY - he made me sit at the children's table (I was 27 at the time) a few hours later for Thanksgiving dinner.   that set me straight!

jerseygal (54 posts)
91. Your post reminds me of when my son met the woman he eventually married.

Last edited Sun Sep 9, 2012, 08:24 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

He was bringing her with him to meet us and he called. He said in a very somber voice, "Mom. There's something you need to know about her." I heard the tone in his voice and I said, the worst possible thing I could think of.
"Oh no, she isn't a Republican, is she. I don't think I could bear that."
He began laughing and said, "Actually Mom, she is more left wing than you are."
"But what's the problem then?", I said.
He then told me she was from a different racial background. I said, "so what, as long as she isn't a Republican, we will get along fine."
Almost ten years later, she is the wonderful Mom of my two gorgeous grandchildren and my son is very happy.

apparently being a dem is serious business that will require you cut off all family ties if you associate with republicans
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Karin

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »
she is either with the progressive cause or an enemy. If she chooses the latter then disown her.

Well, I thought I was beyond being shocked, but I guess I'm not.  Speechless. 

Caesar's ghost feels he can command a fellow DUmprat to consider her own flesh and blood, an "enemy."  These people are evil. 

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »
Response to MJkcj (Original post)
Sat Sep 8, 2012, 10:41 PM
appleannie1 (2,189 posts)
33. We rarely see one of our daughters and her ultra Christian neocon husband. It keeps peace in the

Last edited Sat Sep 8, 2012, 10:42 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

family. He isn't even from this country yet knows all about what our forefather's wishes were. You just have to figure out a way to work with it and not let it totally tear the family apart.  

That's because unlike you, he had to learn about our founding fathers and documents in enough detail to pass an exam for his citizenship.  He couldn't just smoke pot and sleep through civics in high school.

Exactly.  I would also bet the guy came from a currently or former Comm/Soc country.  My sister and I are fortunate to be acquainted with several.  They give liberals unremitting sh*t about their indoctrinated spew.  Her administrative assistant is from Romania.  Left in '90, if I recall.  Whenever Democrats are discussed (and we do quite often) a look of absolute disgust pops up.  Her eyes light up, like a kid at Christmas, whenever we talk about the military,  constantly asking me about the Marine Corps.. :naughty:

I came to the US with my mom, dad and brother when I was a little kid, we're all staunch conservatives as its the furthest thing away from Communism, something we wanted to escape. Thankfully my husband and most of his family are also quite conservative, but his sister is a self-proclaimed Marxist, something which offends and upsets me to no end.

Sorry Rachel, I should have read this first.  Confirmed! and H5
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:25:42 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:17 AM »
I've told all three of my sons they are welcome to think what they like and have any views they want as long as "they" are willing to accept the consequences of both!  :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »
Well, I thought I was beyond being shocked, but I guess I'm not.  Speechless. 

Caesar's ghost feels he can command a fellow DUmprat to consider her own flesh and blood, an "enemy."  These people are evil. 

Nope.  That is exactly what and who they are.

They. are. evil.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »
... as long as "they" are willing to accept the consequences
That's the government's job. :whatever:

It's in the Constitution somewhere.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
I've told all three of my sons they are welcome to think what they like and have any views they want as long as "they" are willing to accept the consequences of both!  :-)
:thumbs:

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »
If my sons brought home and married moonbats, I would accept them because I love my sons.

If my sons turned out gay, I would accept it because I love my sons.

If my sons turn into University of Texas fans, I will disown them. :-)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline BigTex

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
If my sons turn into University of Texas fans, I will disown them. :-)

:cheersmate:
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
Ummm, maybe this why she made her choice?

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »
Ummm, maybe this why she made her choice?

Get the cigarette out of that guy's mouth and I agree, this is coming from someone who grew up in the Bay Area. California is fantastic in regards to scenery, but it needs a massive demographic change to be a nice place to live.  :banghead:

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:43 AM »
Get the cigarette out of that guy's mouth and I agree, this is coming from someone who grew up in the Bay Area. California is fantastic in regards to scenery, but it needs a massive demographic change to be a nice place to live.  :banghead:

Now why would you want to deny a Marine taking a break from combat, a smoke?

:???:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »
My BIL is rabidly liberal but he's a really fun guy to be around. And he actually wears his "my nephew is a US Marine" t-shirt my son got him as a joke when Bush was president. None of us ever bring up politics around him. When he does go on a rant, we just let him spew and it's over. Only got into a political "debate" with him once, just after the boy king was elected (you'd think he would've been happy, but no). We'd had a pitcher of margarita's. Consequently, neither of us made a coherent argument. I do know it was Bush's fault.

My half sister is liberal, too. I love her but she is the typical welfare queen. I'm serious. She has a daughter and they have a decent apartment courtesy of the US taxpayer. She get's food stamps, welfare (for my niece) and is on permanent disability for some (nonexistent) injury she got in a car wreck about 30 years ago. She's worked between then and now and even occasionally cleans houses for money under the table. She's got tattoos everywhere, mostly words and stars. She looks like a graffiti wall. She get's her nails done every week. Amazingly enough, she never has any money. Other family members had to help her daughter get a laptop.

We have a few more nuts out there, my stepfather's political philosophy is "vote for the guy who promises to give you the most stuff", but most of us are normal.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
Now why would you want to deny a Marine taking a break from combat, a smoke?

:???:

I'm not overly in favor of men who smoke, as I've had a family member die of lung cancer due to his smoking problem.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
I'm not overly in favor of men who smoke, as I've had a family member die of lung cancer due to his smoking problem.

How about dogs who smoke?

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »

Where in the Bay Area?  I'm from San Jose. 

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »
Where in the Bay Area?  I'm from San Jose. 

San Francisco is where I grew up.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »

So did I, my papa who I loved dearly (it was the catalyst that got me involved in the whole Andy...never mind). I still contend that if you have bullets flying around, smoking is the least of your problems and if smoking helps them relieve some of their combat stress then let him smoke. Try walking a mile in his boots and all that.

Cindie

p.s. I love the Bay Area too. Lived in Sonoma County for many years on and off. Went to college there. Lived mostly Santa Rosa, but Petaluma & Healdsburg too. SF was a great place to party back then. Saw the Clash there. I had a good friend who had a huge crush on Dana Carvey (this was long before he was famous) and she used to drag around to different comedy clubs where he was appearing. And I was liberal & stupid at the time so partying was pretty much what we did. I've been to more gay day parades there than I'm willing to admit. If there's a shortage of Gold Lamé, check to see if it's close to the parade day. Same for tutus & chaps. Don't worry about the jeans though, they aren't real cowboys so don't need jeans under them.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams