Author Topic: DU: the movie?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
DU: the movie?
« on: July 25, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »
I was thinking recently that it would be great if someone were to come out with a movie about DU. Then I wondered what the trailer would be like. It figured it may be something like this.

Picture a completely black screen. Music starts to softly play. Maybe "Adagio for Strings" from Platoon.

Then an unseen narrator with a deep voice begins speaking...

They said that you couldn't combine stupid, hatred, and hypocrisy to successfully create laughs. They were wrong.

On January 20, 2001…stupid got a new name, hated soared to new levels, and hypocrisy was taken to the extreme.

On that day…democrat underground was born and the sane world hasn't stopped laughing since.

Over ten years in the making…
Starring a cast of thousands….
Coming this November to a theater near you.
It is….

DU: the movie.
As the narrator says these words the blank, black screen is filled with a large "DU: the movie" in democrat blue. As the title fades to black the narrator begins speaking again.

See the woman who claims to have done everything…except be modest.
See the man who pretends to be a Green Beret Force Recon SEAL songwriter.
See the woman who created the modern age fairy tale.
Learn how to perform detailed scientific experiments with precision equipment such as concrete blocks and wire.
Learn how to hate and denigrate America while reaping her benefits.
Learn how stupid rethuglicans constantly foil the smartest people on the innerwebz.
Watch the blink, blink, blink, blink.

And much, much more.

It's political spin, in-depth racism, and rampant insanity like you've never seen it before.

Starring:
nadin "intrepid reporter"
Stinky the "laughing stock" Clown
Tomin "way too deep" Tib
Spooked "no, really, he's spooked" 911
and many, many more

At this point the screen is still very dark, but by the contrast you can see that there is something there. You can also tell that the camera is ever so slowly pulling back. The narrator continues.

With special guest appearance by franksolich as…the genius mastermind.

And featuring Karl Rove as...the ruler of the world.

The screen is more of a dark brown now. The camera is still pulling back. The narrator continues.

This November the new catch phrase will be: Do you DU?

Don't be left out. Be sure to see…DU: the movie.

When this is spoken the camera pulls back quickly and just enough to see that it had been closely focused on the back of a cockroach. The roach now fills the screen with the words "DU: the movie" superimposed on the cockroach.

The narrator is silence as a light shines on the cockroach and beneath the words "DU: the movie" appears the words "shine the light on the cockroaches".

As the roach scurries from the light the narrator speaks once more:

This film has not yet been rated.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: DU: the movie?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »
This film has been rated M for Moonbat.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »
A mixture of Cheech and Chong and Dumb and Dumber.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:01:35 PM »
I was thinking recently that it would be great if someone were to come out with a movie about DU. Then I wondered what the trailer would be like. It figured it may be something like this.

Picture a completely black screen. Music starts to softly play. Maybe "Adagio for Strings" from Platoon.

Then an unseen narrator with a deep voice begins speaking...

They said that you couldn't combine stupid, hatred, and hypocrisy to successfully create laughs. They were wrong.

On January 20, 2001…stupid got a new name, hated soared to new levels, and hypocrisy was taken to the extreme.

On that day…democrat underground was born and the sane world hasn't stopped laughing since.

Over ten years in the making…
Starring a cast of thousands….
Coming this November to a theater near you.
It is….

DU: the movie.
As the narrator says these words the blank, black screen is filled with a large "DU: the movie" in democrat blue. As the title fades to black the narrator begins speaking again.

See the woman who claims to have done everything…except be modest.
See the man who pretends to be a Green Beret Force Recon SEAL songwriter.
See the woman who created the modern age fairy tale.
Learn how to perform detailed scientific experiments with precision equipment such as concrete blocks and wire.
Learn how to hate and denigrate America while reaping her benefits.
Learn how stupid rethuglicans constantly foil the smartest people on the innerwebz.
Watch the blink, blink, blink, blink.

And much, much more.

It's political spin, in-depth racism, and rampant insanity like you've never seen it before.

Starring:
nadin "intrepid reporter"
Stinky the "laughing stock" Clown
Tomin "way too deep" Tib
Spooked "no, really, he's spooked" 911
and many, many more

At this point the screen is still very dark, but by the contrast you can see that there is something there. You can also tell that the camera is ever so slowly pulling back. The narrator continues.

With special guest appearance by franksolich as…the genius mastermind.

And featuring Karl Rove as...the ruler of the world.

The screen is more of a dark brown now. The camera is still pulling back. The narrator continues.

This November the new catch phrase will be: Do you DU?

Don't be left out. Be sure to see…DU: the movie.

When this is spoken the camera pulls back quickly and just enough to see that it had been closely focused on the back of a cockroach. The roach now fills the screen with the words "DU: the movie" superimposed on the cockroach.

The narrator is silence as a light shines on the cockroach and beneath the words "DU: the movie" appears the words "shine the light on the cockroaches".

As the roach scurries from the light the narrator speaks once more:

This film has not yet been rated.

That is good.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:17:26 PM »
...Then there is the exhibitionistic crone who writes poetry only a Vogon could love...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 10:32:14 PM »
Let's do lunch.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:51:24 AM »
Let's do lunch.

For the longest time, years now, I've always promised that when I get around to winning the Powerball lottery, since I don't have a whole lot of "needs" and "wants" on which to spend the bucks, I'd invest it in a musical comedy about the primitives--imagine for example, poor stupid Beth (or Pedro Picasso) singing "If I only had a brain," or Ms Ed the unappellated eohippus, with a retinue of rabidly feminist primitives, doing an elaborate dance of "Kill them babies, kill them babies, kill them babies dead."

And also including the domestic lives of Mrs. Alfred Packer and the sparkling old dude.

And the addled antics of the addled pie-and-jam grasswire primitive.

That sort of thing, but I'd been thinking more of Broadway, than Hollywood.

Now, I guess a movie would reap even more dividends.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 06:01:03 AM »
Michael Moore as Omaha Steve.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Nugent

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »
Michael Moore as Omaha Steve.

You got the size right, but the demeanor's all wrong.

My choice would be Buddy Hackett--if he's still alive, and really I don't know--but only after Buddy was first sent to a fat farm to indulge in a month of 12,000-calorie-a-day diets.  Then he'd be fit for the role.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 06:10:21 AM »
Oops, it appears Buddy died in 2003, a few years ago.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 06:15:37 AM »
Nadin will be played by Danny Devito in his Penguin makeup.
"Waaack Wack Wack! I'm a reporter. Respect the Press or face my iggy list! Waaaack!"

"Zappaman!"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:17:50 AM by Mr Mannn »

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »
Mr. Mannn, perfect.   :rofl:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »
I was thinking Roseanne for the Nadster. Fat and troll-like. But Devito sould work.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
I was thinking Roseanne for the Nadster. Fat and troll-like. But Devito sould work.

Danny DeVito would be great as nadin.

But the movie could still use Roseanne.

Put a blonde wig on Roseanne, and voila! one has the LynneSyn primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »
Margaret Cho can play Lioness Pryanka or whatever her name is.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »
you have to fit batshit crazy Gary Busey in there somewhere.
-Aristotle

Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 10:44:36 AM »
you have to fit batshit crazy Gary Busey in there somewhere.
He can play TomInTib :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »
I always thought Philip Seymour Hoffman would be the one to play Nads in any movie made about DU.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
Perfect casting, Chris. 

Someone help me out here.  Who was the shrew who mis-used the word "apologist?"  Her handle was her full name.  Anjelica Houston should play her. 

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
Good casting ideas everyone.

I believe such a movie would be box office gold. Plus, in the media blitz leading up to the movie you could have tv specials that would bring in money. One could be called "DU: Why so Crazy?" in which mental health care professionals give their opinions of the different types of insanity displayed on DU. One could be called "DU: A View from Inside the Nut House" in which moles, with their identity disguised, are interviewed. Another could be called "DU: A View from Outside the Nut House" in which normal people on the street give their opinions on why DU is so entertaining.

An interview for the above would go like so...
HOST: Which site do you prefer for your online humor? Is it The Onion or is it Democrat Underground?
NORMAL PERSON ON THE STREET: It would definitely be Democrat Underground.
HOST: And why do you prefer Democrat Underground over The Onion for your humor?
NORMAL PERSON ON THE STREET: It's simple. The people at The Onion know that they are just making up craziness for shits and giggles. The people at Democrat Underground actually believe the craziness that they make up. That belief just adds the WOW factor.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »
Perfect casting, Chris. 

Someone help me out here.  Who was the shrew who mis-used the word "apologist?"  Her handle was her full name.  Anjelica Houston should play her. 

That was NanceGreggs I think, she was cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  She could be played by a drug addled Liza Minnelli

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »
That's right!  Thanks.  Someone here has an extremely funny photoshop job of her.  Who is it?  Stand up!  I laughed so hard.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »
Johnny Depp could play Taverner, but only after Johnny's been on a two-week meth bender.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »
I nominate Roseanne Barr to play DUmmy greenbriar.

It's the first paying job she'll have had in years.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »
That was NanceGreggs I think, she was cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  She could be played by a drug addled Liza Minnelli

I always thought NanceGreggs was a gay man.  I'll admit that at first I thought it was a woman because of the name and the Molly Ivins avatar.  But somewhere along the line I got it in my head that it was a gay man.  Maybe it was an admission.  Maybe because the Nance part of the name reminded me of Nancy-boy or Nance for short--slang terms for a gay man.  Like NanceGreggs was using the name in the fun Will & Grace style self mocking way that is acceptable for gays to identify themselves or other gays, but offensive if used by straight men.  Maybe it was because of the catty, sassy gay posting style.  Does anybody know for sure, one way or another the gender of NanceGreggs?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden