Author Topic: Well, I managed to stick around for half a year at DU before being kicked off.  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Johnny Rico

• Probationary (Probie)
I defended the 2nd Amendment just a wee bit too vigorously over the last few days, it appears.  I think this is the thread that did me in:

A message to those who wish to ban or restrict guns: Give up.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=992880

With the posting of that thread, I suddenly had star members putting me on "ignore" (20 extra in only 1 day), and F-bomb after F-bomb directed at me.  I tried alerting on them, but the jury would inevitably come back "leave it alone" with the justification that it's all right to use such abusive language on "gun nuts".  They did some digging and found out that I'd previously been there with another identity (Abin Sur), and that was that.  I did make another identity just long enough to leave a "Well done, it took you long enough" reply to Ellisonz in Meta.  He thought of himself as something of a Javert to my Jean Valjean....

Shortly before being PPR'd someone ranted that I should to head to Conservative Cave instead, so...here I am.  I've been kicked off both DU and Free Republic for being too Libertarian.  Not being overly familiar with this site...is that a problem here?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:43:06 PM by Johnny Rico »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
We don't like Ron Paul.  Otherwise, you're fine.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

Read the TOS.  Attacking the military is not looked upon kindly either.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
We don't generally have issues with Libertarians, as long as you aren't a Ronulan (read as you're willing and able to engage in a serious debate with someone of a conflicting view without resorting to "you're stupid" or "I'm such a better American than you cuz I support Dr. Paul" type arguments).

Feel free to introduce yourself in the appropriate forum.

Offline Johnny Rico

• Probationary (Probie)
We don't like Ron Paul.  Otherwise, you're fine.

I like some of what he says, but his take on foreign policy is so out of line I could never support him.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:05:15 PM by Johnny Rico »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I like some of what he says, but his take on foreign policy is out of line I could never support him.

Head over to the intro section, give us a brief, ask about us if you feel like it.  Welcome.

Offline Johnny Rico

• Probationary (Probie)
Read the TOS.  Attacking the military is not looked upon kindly either.

I'd like to think I'm as pro-military as they get.  I'm Libertarian-ish on firearms and social issues, not foreign policy and defense.

TOS:  Just read it in detail.  Not a problem.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
We don't like Ron Paul.  Otherwise, you're fine.

I like Ron Paul, in a crazy old uncle kind of way. I really like his son. Ron Paul supporters are insufferable though.

Offline Johnny Rico

• Probationary (Probie)
Head over to the intro section, give us a brief, ask about us if you feel like it.  Welcome.

On the way.  Thanks!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Welcome :)

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
I defended the 2nd Amendment just a wee bit too vigorously over the last few days, it appears.  I think this is the thread that did me in:

With the posting of that thread, I suddenly had star members putting me on "ignore" (20 extra in only 1 day), and F-bomb after F-bomb directed at me.  I tried alerting on them, but the jury would inevitably come back "leave it alone" with the justification that it's all right to use such abusive language on "gun nuts".  They did some digging and found out that I'd previously been there with another identity (Abin Sur), and that was that.  I did make another identity just long enough to leave a "Well done, it took you long enough" reply to Ellisonz in Meta.  He thought of himself as something of a Javert to my Jean Valjean....

Shortly before being PPR'd someone ranted that I should to head to Conservative Cave instead, so...here I am.  I've been kicked off both DU and Free Republic for being too Libertarian.  Not being overly familiar with this site...is that a problem here?

375 replies in 48 hours.

You made Omaha Steve cry!

Welcome.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Kyle Ricky

If you attack the military, or my God, you will have me to deal with. I am what you call a christian (I'm not religious), 2nd amendment loving. America loving, troop loving, flag loving, a patriot loving, and baby loving conservative (all things the DUmp hates). Other wise, you are cool.

Oh and too much love for Ron Paul will get you in trouble. Not too many of us 'SANE' people on here like that bat crazy old fart.

On another note: I looked at your thread over there. I didn't see anything about Skinner being a faggot, so I left  :lmao:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:24:44 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
That's really weird, because someone else, a long-time and well-esteemed member here, recently got kicked off of Skins's island personally by my fellow alum Skins himself; this happened less than a week ago.

One wonders if Skins is indulging in a new purge, this time of supporters of the Second Amendment.

At any rate, sir, welcome; the only rules are (a) no posting of personal information about other members and (b) no bashing of those who are serving, or who served, in the military.

There's an unwritten rule against rabid supporters of Ron Paul, but that one's enforced by members themselves, who hound this sort, drive them nuts, and they ultimately run away.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
375 replies in 48 hours.

Welcome.

Well, anyone that can make the weeper cry is A-OK with me.  Welcome.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Welcome!

Too bad they don't react as angrily to the economy, unemployment etc.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Ron Paul supporters are insufferable though.

That's what I meant.

Man, you're worse than they are.  :hammer:

:wink:

Offline jukin

You done poked a stick into the hive.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
That's really weird, because someone else, a long-time and well-esteemed member here, recently got kicked off of Skins's island personally by my fellow alum Skins himself; this happened less than a week ago.

One wonders if Skins is indulging in a new purge, this time of supporters of the Second Amendment.

At any rate, sir, welcome; the only rules are (a) no posting of personal information about other members and (b) no bashing of those who are serving, or who served, in the military.

There's an unwritten rule against rabid supporters of Ron Paul, but that one's enforced by members themselves, who hound this sort, drive them nuts, and they ultimately run away.

Ya gotta admit, coach, it's a short trip for most of them...

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.

Hell I got banned for less than that.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
That's what I meant.

Man, you're worse than they are.  :hammer:

:wink:

I will cut you...

Offline micmac

Johnny Rico - I read pretty much the whole thread and you held your own.  Welcome.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
Johnny Rico - I read pretty much the whole thread and you held your own.  Welcome.
This.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
[/quote

I agree, great job.

I'm betting that there will be lots of people banned over the right to bear arms before this is over.

I personally wonder how Cherokeeprogressive stays there - he's always on the edge of straying off the DUmmie reservatinon.

Offline Airwolf

375 replies in 48 hours.

Welcome.

Making OS cry is nothing new. He gets weepy if the newspaper is delivered late to the house and the coffees cold at the Kwik Shop.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I like some of what he says, but his take on foreign policy is so out of line I could never support him.

That sounds pretty good so far.  Unusual avatar, I do have a copy of that old Avalon Hill game kicking around here somewhere...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.