Author Topic: Some thoughts on the "If someone else had a gun" argument (Pitt/Nads)  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Airwolf

Re: Some thoughts on the "If someone else had a gun" argument (Pitt/Nads)
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
Looks like Wee Willy has no understanding of a military base. Military bases have the strictest gun control anywhere in the nation. The only people allowed to pack a loaded weapon are the MPs. If you own a gun it must be stored in the Arms Room at your unit except for when you take it to the range. Even when you draw your military weapon you don't get any ammunition until you are at the range and it is issued just before you shoot.

I never heard a thing about the victims being armed when the so called Major went off the rails down in Texas. It also seems that Pittstain never bothered to look up any facts about the entire event before posting that drek. As you said no one gets any ammunition until they are on the range or in the case of training in the field. It's issued from the Battalion Ammo NCO after he draws it from the Division AHA. or ammo holding area. In combat its kind of the same but the ammo would be drawn just before you go out on a mission and any of it that is still with you when you come back is turned into the same people to be returned to the AHA. Or it was like that when I handled the duties of a Battalion Ammo NCO for a short time at Ft. Drum before I got out of the active duty Army. I hated that job and Ft Drum.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
Gnads wouldn't know anything without a Google search and as we all know she can't be all that great at it. I'm not 100% sure but even with a level III vest if you get shot with a few rounds of say a .45 ACP or .357 Magnum your going to feel it and might even have a rib or two cracked or broken from the impact. Then again It may not. One thing it will do is get your attention and as someone said in an earlier posting your going to either flee or duck for cover if you have never been in a firefight.

So far s anyone knows that shooter was never in the service and has never before been in a firefight of any kind so it could be assumed that if someone was able to return fire that the shooting would have been stopped or at least directed away from those not armed at the time. They have been talking about this on the radio the past two days and they had a Navy SEAL interviewed on if he thought if having anyone armed would have made a difference and i missed that and caught the end . It sounds like a person would have had to be very well trained to have made any difference but who knows. 

http://www.kfab.com/player/?station=KFAB-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=CrashDavis.xml&mid=22289538

Give it a listen.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
Weren't the only armed people to fire back police that responded to the emergency calls?  I seem to recall that it was a female officer that took Hasan down.

You are correct. None of the soldiers present had a weapon nor were they lowed to carry one, even in their cars. Hood has contract security as the mp troops are either deployed or trainning to be.

You can not, as a solder, own a weapon on base without the commanders authorization, you cannot carry on base even if you have a ccw permit. Any pow must be carried in a locked case secured in the trunk and only carried from your residance to the range and back.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!