Author Topic: Remembering this Memorial Day (it's about the buggery)  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: Remembering this Memorial Day (it's about the buggery)
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 11:27:21 PM »
Same here.

My three favorite movies to watch are Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific. I also watch WWII in color on Military channel and pretty much anything else they have about WWII on there, or any other tv station. I learn more about it every day.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »
My three favorite movies to watch are Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific. I also watch WWII in color on Military channel and pretty much anything else they have about WWII on there, or any other tv station. I learn more about it every day.
HBO is showing "Taking Chance" again tomorrow (Monday). Pretty moving and accurate.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 06:49:57 AM »
My buddies niece is serving in Afghanistan and is going to get addadicktomy surgery as soon as she get out! Hows that. 
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
Like I said, my uncle had nightmares about it for years. So I know it had to be a very traumatic thing to witness. I'm not sure why he told me the stories because I knew it was hard for him to tell them. Maybe he just wanted me to know the real truth about what happen. I am grateful to him for it.

Him telling me those stories is one of the things that got me hooked on WWII history.

I'm the same way, Kyle.  I had 7 uncles on my father's side, 4 of them served in WWII, one of them in the Army Corp of Engineers, that helped built the Army Ammunition Plant near here. My dad only had one sister, and her husband was an American POW in Germany for the last 3 months of the war.

Dad and another younger brother served in Korea, the youngest had health problems that kept him out of the service.  He passed away before I was born, at age 21, and I carry his name.

I have always carried an intense passion for WWII aircraft, especially the fighters, even though I've never flown, or ridden, in any airplane.

My favorite WWII movies are Saving Private Ryan, Battle of the Bulge, and Kelly's Heroes.  (Gotta love "Oddball" and his Shermans!)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:56 AM »
I'm the same way, Kyle.  I had 7 uncles on my father's side, 4 of them served in WWII, one of them in the Army Corp of Engineers, that helped built the Army Ammunition Plant near here. My dad only had one sister, and her husband was an American POW in Germany for the last 3 months of the war.

Dad and another younger brother served in Korea, the youngest had health problems that kept him out of the service.  He passed away before I was born, at age 21, and I carry his name.

I have always carried an intense passion for WWII aircraft, especially the fighters, even though I've never flown, or ridden, in any airplane.

My favorite WWII movies are Saving Private Ryan, Battle of the Bulge, and Kelly's Heroes.  (Gotta love "Oddball" and his Shermans!)

"They're filled with paint--makes pretty pictures!"

H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »
"They're filled with paint--makes pretty pictures!"

H5!

Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning.

"It's a wasted trip, baby.  Nobody said anything about locking horns with no Tigers. "

The only way I have of keeping them "interested", is by letting them shoot holes in me.

I love his line to "Crapgame", after he found out about the Tigers.

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:32:21 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »
My great uncle was stationed in Pearl Harbor when it was attacked. He said that was the most fearful day of his life. He told me all kinds of stories about it before he died, and quite frankly, I would believe him over a bat crazy liberal.

This memorial day is to remember the veterans, and those you love that have passed on. That is why it is called memorial day. Take the time to thank a soldier, and visit the ones you loved grave sites. This isn't a day to start a blabbering debate about gay rights and remember only the gays. As it appears William769 is trying to do.
One of my wife's nephews sent us this email last night.  I met the uncle mentioned in 1968, right before my wife and I got married, and only talked with him a few times in the years before he died (about 8 years ago).  In those talks he never once mentioned his war experiences.

Thoughts on Memorial Day or Why I eat the end slices on a loaf of bread.
My uncle Rudy was captured by the Japanese on May 6, 1942 and was a POW until Sept. 7, 1945 at Osaka Main Camp, Umeda Bunsho Camp, and Tsuruga Camp where he was repatriated. He did not talk much about his time in the camps but I remember a couple of things that have stuck with me for the last 45 years or so.

One was that the civilians would occasionally sneak them a little handful of rice or an egg through the fence which would greatly help with their very limited diet. The second was that they most of the time only got a piece of bread and a cup of thin soup to eat and they were happy to get the end piece of bread because it was harder to chew and made them feel like they had more to eat.

As a young child this didn't make me want to eat the end slice of bread, but as I grew up I started eating them as a remembrance of not only what our our POWs have suffered for our freedom, but also the many more who gave their all for the same cause. I would encourage each of you to occasionally eat that end slice of bread and be thankful for those who had no choice.

This too shall pass.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 12:29:50 PM »
Thanks DUmmie William, for reminding us that Leftist gays are not actually literate intellectuals, despite their claims to the contrary.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
HBO is showing "Taking Chance" again tomorrow (Monday). Pretty moving and accurate.

I don't get HBO, or I would watch it. I will have to look for it online.

I'm the same way, Kyle.  I had 7 uncles on my father's side, 4 of them served in WWII, one of them in the Army Corp of Engineers, that helped built the Army Ammunition Plant near here. My dad only had one sister, and her husband was an American POW in Germany for the last 3 months of the war.

Dad and another younger brother served in Korea, the youngest had health problems that kept him out of the service.  He passed away before I was born, at age 21, and I carry his name.

My favorite WWII movies are Saving Private Ryan, Battle of the Bulge, and Kelly's Heroes.  (Gotta love "Oddball" and his Shermans!)

I had several relatives in the service as well. My grandfather and quite a few great uncles were in WWII. Family gatherings with were the highlight of my life when I was a child because of the stories they told. I was always amazed with how they made it through what they did.

I don't think I ever seen Battle of the Buldge, or Kelly's heroes. I will have to look for them.

Thoughts on Memorial Day or Why I eat the end slices on a loaf of bread.
My uncle Rudy was captured by the Japanese on May 6, 1942 and was a POW until Sept. 7, 1945 at Osaka Main Camp, Umeda Bunsho Camp, and Tsuruga Camp where he was repatriated. He did not talk much about his time in the camps but I remember a couple of things that have stuck with me for the last 45 years or so.

One was that the civilians would occasionally sneak them a little handful of rice or an egg through the fence which would greatly help with their very limited diet. The second was that they most of the time only got a piece of bread and a cup of thin soup to eat and they were happy to get the end piece of bread because it was harder to chew and made them feel like they had more to eat.

As a young child this didn't make me want to eat the end slice of bread, but as I grew up I started eating them as a remembrance of not only what our our POWs have suffered for our freedom, but also the many more who gave their all for the same cause. I would encourage each of you to occasionally eat that end slice of bread and be thankful for those who had no choice.

I like this, Hi5
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:24:47 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 01:26:35 PM »
Something else I noticed is that you don't see as many war movies as you used to. When we were in WWII, the whole country was together as one, and everyone was promoting the cause. Hollywood was on board making movie after movie about it. These days it is completely opposite except for the couple you see pop up every once in a while.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 02:47:23 PM »
Something else I noticed is that you don't see as many war movies as you used to. When we were in WWII, the whole country was together as one, and everyone was promoting the cause. Hollywood was on board making movie after movie about it. These days it is completely opposite except for the couple you see pop up every once in a while.

There is a reason that Hollywood doesn't make many war movies.  They would but the ones they want to make are anti-American propaganda pieces of sh*t, and they lose money.  Rather than showing American soldiers in a positive way and making money, they would sooner not make any war movies.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
There is a reason that Hollywood doesn't make many war movies.  They would but the ones they want to make are anti-American propaganda pieces of sh*t, and they lose money.  Rather than showing American soldiers in a positive way and making money, they would sooner not make any war movies.

Hollywood has changed a lot over the years, haven't they?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »

Or silly alien-invasion movies; Battleship, Battle Los Angeles, etc. I guess nobody gets offended if the bad guys are from another planet.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »
Or silly alien-invasion movies; Battleship, Battle Los Angeles, etc. I guess nobody gets offended if the bad guys are from another planet.

The remake of Red Dawn was going to have the Chinese as the invaders, but Hollywood didn't want to offend some of the Democrats largest contributors, so they went with the North Koreans instead.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
The remake of Red Dawn was going to have the Chinese as the invaders, but Hollywood didn't want to offend some of the Democrats largest contributors, so they went with the North Koreans instead.

That's just silly.

Almost as silly as the coming tokusatsu remake of The 47 Ronin. Keanu Reeves plays a half-caste gaijin who joins the masterless samurai in a universe with witches and giants. What's next, elves fighting for Lee at Gettysburg?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning.

"It's a wasted trip, baby.  Nobody said anything about locking horns with no Tigers. "

The only way I have of keeping them "interested", is by letting them shoot holes in me.

I love his line to "Crapgame", after he found out about the Tigers.

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich."

One of the greatest tank movies of all time!

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 04:00:31 PM »

Coneheads, Starship Troopers.
I loved how the INS chased the cConeheads all over the place. They don't seem to work that hard catching illegal aliens from south of the border.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »
It's not just Hollywood.

On Memorial Day, which honors those who fell serving in the armed forces, the History Channel is airing a Pawn Stars marathon.

Twitchy
Google blows off Memorial Day with miniature flag clip art

Twitchy

I blame liberalism.  Hollywood, Google, and the History Channel are ate up with it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 04:40:01 PM »
It's not just Hollywood.

I blame liberalism.  Hollywood, Google, and the History Channel are ate up with it.

Spike has a Band of Brothers marathon running. It is a great show and I applaud Spike for doing it. They do this for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Veterans Day.

Discovery stations are all the same station. They all show the same shows and produce the same fluff. It used to be a a good station, but lately they been going somewhat down hill. I still watch them, but they could literally turn all the stations off except for one and no one would miss them. The network has turned into mostly reality shows that have no learning or history concept to them at all. Although I am looking forward to The Hatfields and McCoys that starts tonight. Then, I always been a Powers Booth fan.

Planet Green is changing it's name to Destination America. It takes effect today. And just like with Planet Green, it will show nothing that has to do with the name of the network.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:44:21 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: Remembering this Memorial Day (it's about the buggery)
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
I noticed that Comedy Central has been running a "South Park" marathon today.  Appropriate for them, but only if they finish it off with "Team America: World Police".  Didn't look at the schedule to see.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 06:00:21 AM »
Hollywood ran out of ideas long ago. It seems that all they are putting out today are movies based on comic books or ones they already made. While the originals were OK the new ones really suck.
Even TV is in the crapper. I end up watching more of the BBC shows I can get on BBC America and online. They make them first and in most cases (Top Gear in particular) and better.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 06:09:32 AM »
Hollywood ran out of ideas long ago. It seems that all they are putting out today are movies based on comic books or ones they already made. While the originals were OK the new ones really suck.
Even TV is in the crapper. I end up watching more of the BBC shows I can get on BBC America and online. They make them first and in most cases (Top Gear in particular) and better.

Top Gear and Sherlock are two of my favorites.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 06:13:08 AM »
Top Gear and Sherlock are two of my favorites.
I got into Whitechapel a while ago. Pretty decent crime show where they were using historical crimes to solve current ones. Started with a Ripper copycat. Luther isn't bad either.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2012, 07:12:39 AM »

I said before, I'll say again, that Hollywood hasn't had an original thought in 30-40 years, at least.  Very few films based on truly original ideas.

And if you look at the biggest hits of the last decade (or more) on television, guess who developed them?  Mostly the Brits and South Africans.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2012, 07:19:56 AM »
I said before, I'll say again, that Hollywood hasn't had an original thought in 30-40 years, at least.  Very few films based on truly original ideas.

And if you look at the biggest hits of the last decade (or more) on television, guess who developed them?  Mostly the Brits and South Africans.

Case in point--what was the big box-office draw this past weekend?

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.