Author Topic: proud2BlibKansan's hubby lies about his Vietnam service too, no biggie  (Read 3918 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
spanone   (1000+ posts)             Tue May-18-10 02:12 PM
Response to Original message
78. wow, this is just like the media went after bu$h* and his 'service'........not

Yeah you stupid cow, no one *cough ~ Dan Rather ~ cough* ever made issue of Bush's service.  I went over there and read that thread.  To the credit of some DU'ers they are pointing out their hypocrisy but there are some over there that are twisting and turning trying to make it "no big deal".  

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
When my wife was comissioned Gulf War I was still in progress and she got the service ribbon for that one by the sheer fact she enlisted and went through ocs while it was still wrapping up. She laughed when someone asked her one time if she was a veteran of Desert Storm.

I guess if she was a Democrat that would have made her a combat vet.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Um, I didn't get that memo.

"For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything." Eph. 5:23-24. It's a little more than a memo. Doesn't give a man carte blanche to be abusive or not make mutual decisions with their wives but the buck has to stop somewhere. It doesn't mean women can't do anything on their own, either. I run my farm and my husband pretty much leaves me to it unless I ask him for help or advice. I homeschooled and made all educational decisions unless I asked. I'm not mousy or submissive but when a big decision has to be made and we don't agree, I defer to him.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline zeitgeist

I was in Viet Nam before I wasn't in Viet Nam.....or something like that.

Liberal think gives me a headache.

Yabutt, even before the verbal clarity of the likes of a John F Kerry we had

Shermanesque statement

"I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate for President; that if nominated by either party, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should decline to serve."  

These statements are often abbreviated as

"If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve"

And the liberal version  " If drafted I will run, if indicted I will hide in Canada, if convicted I will not serve time so help me Jimmy Carter :fuelfire:"

eta typo
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:58:30 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline sofa king

in regards to this richard blumenthal character, its not a question of "in" or "during" about his alleged time in country...

here is one of his quotes:

The Times story said Blumenthal has intimated that he suffered the mistreatment veterans received after returning from Vietnam. At a veterans event in Shelton, for example, he said, "When we returned from Vietnam, I remember the taunts, the verbal and even physical abuse we encountered," according to a 2008 Connecticut Post story.

yep, another lying sack of shit...

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20100518/UPDATES01/100518061/Conn.+Senate+candidate+Richard+Blumenthal+calls+Vietnam+comments+misplaced+words+

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Today he clarified, apparently he "unintentionally misspoke".

Offline sofa king

ah!  ok...

so its not a lie if you actually did lie, but did so "unintentionally."

got it.

:thatsright:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
ah!  ok...

so its not a lie if you did lied, but did it "unintentionally."

got it.

:thatsright:

That makes everything better. Like Bacon.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: proud2BlibKansan's hubby lies about his Vietnam service too, no biggie
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 12:35:23 AM »
Oh oh my.

The primitives must be "researching" Anne, because a lot of them have been studying this ancient thread.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 06:31:16 AM »
"For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything." Eph. 5:23-24. It's a little more than a memo. Doesn't give a man carte blanche to be abusive or not make mutual decisions with their wives but the buck has to stop somewhere. It doesn't mean women can't do anything on their own, either. I run my farm and my husband pretty much leaves me to it unless I ask him for help or advice. I homeschooled and made all educational decisions unless I asked. I'm not mousy or submissive but when a big decision has to be made and we don't agree, I defer to him.

Cindie
I always liked this line:
"The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants."
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 06:57:25 AM »
I would never claim that I had been in Desert Storm.  I still feel uncomfortable saying I was a Desert Storm-era vet.  That's why I went to NYS DCS and aksed them about it, after they told me that I could do that.

I served, only served, during the time of Operation Urgent Fury.  During my stint that's all that really went on in a large, public way.  I didn't even know that I was considered OUF-era was until I looked into AL membership for someone else.

A few troops were awarded patches they did not deserve for that operation.  Top had to order my buddy to sew his on.  He was mortified because he felt he didn't earn it and there were still all these VN vets on AD with us.  Another troop at brigade got an OUF award and she was at Womack having a baby at the time!

Lying about military is one of the lowest, scummiest things someone can do.  Most times it bites the liar in the ass, but the consequences aren't severe enough for my liking.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
proud2BlibKansan's DH is the difference between shoplifting a candy bar, and grand larceny.....but they're both theft!

http://www.stolenvalor.com/
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »
Oh oh my.

The primitives must be "researching" Anne, because a lot of them have been studying this ancient thread.

Wow.  It was a little startling seeing this pop up this morning. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
Funny, I see some DUmmie just started this thread.  That's the guy that Crockspot exposed as a lifelong democrat and a fraud.

Link to story at FR:  http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/1491289/posts  looks like Crocks original CU post was lost in the crash.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:59:13 AM by JakeStyle »

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
Cripes, I've run into several people that have claimed to be SEALs.
When pressed on the issue, the story changes to "I used to work with SEALs".
If you ever run into one of those, ask what their class number was.
If they claim it was secret, you've got a ringer. (there were no secret classes)
Door gunner in Nam, is another popular claim.
That one is little more difficult to feret out unless you know what you're talking about.

People have a need to be viewed as heroic by others.
Best not to do that in front of those that have been down the road.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
I am, however barely, classified as a Viet Nam ERA vet, and not being Tom Harkin or some other variation of Democrat liar (Redundant as that may be), it would never occur to me to claim to be a Viet Nam vet, nor ever, EVER use the phrase 'In Viet Nam' in talking about myself.  I've been on active duty and played a supporting role in quite a number of conflicts and their named operations since, but the only one where I was actually in theater and collecting combat pay was OIF, that is the only one for which I actually claim to be a war vet, and that's the way everyone else I know looks at it as well.   

Same here, having served in the Navy during the war, but not setting foot in country.  I never refer to myself as a Vietnam Vet, even though technically, I could.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 11:32:30 AM »

There's only two people that I "have a need to be viewed as heroic by"--my wife and my daughter.  (Well, maybe not my wife--all of the time.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »
Cripes, I've run into several people that have claimed to be SEALs.
When pressed on the issue, the story changes to "I used to work with SEALs".
If you ever run into one of those, ask what their class number was.
If they claim it was secret, you've got a ringer. (there were no secret classes)
Door gunner in Nam, is another popular claim.
That one is little more difficult to feret out unless you know what you're talking about.

There's still a guy who'll tell anyone who'll listen that he was a Golden Knight.  I know him and know that he was a cook assigned to the unit.  AFA GKs, I preferred watching jumps out at the DZs or a guy named Alcee from one of the Groups.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »
There's still a guy who'll tell anyone who'll listen that he was a Golden Knight.  I know him and know that he was a cook assigned to the unit.  AFA GKs, I preferred watching jumps out at the DZs or a guy named Alcee from one of the Groups.

There is something really cool about watching a battalion mass tac.  Kinda scary being in them though.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
I miss ol' Crock.

I remember once when I was still at CU, some libtard Feminazi from DU signed on to argue in a B/W of DU thread. She was getting her ass handed to her, of course, and it was only going downhill until he chimed in - "There's still a chance for you to salvage this experience. Show us your breasts."

I don't think she made another post after that.

:rotf:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »
Even when I was with the 101st during Grenada and our Battalion was called out and we all had our junk in front of the barracks, can we claim to have been veterans of that little party. We never got so much as out of the area even with the trucks waiting to take us to the airfield.

One thing for sure is we were all ready to go and who knows what might have happened but we were going there to kick someones ass.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:15 PM »
I miss ol' Crock.

I remember once when I was still at CU, some libtard Feminazi from DU signed on to argue in a B/W of DU thread. She was getting her ass handed to her, of course, and it was only going downhill until he chimed in - "There's still a chance for you to salvage this experience. Show us your breasts."

I don't think she made another post after that.

crockspot was a classic, both at our old home and here.

I'm sure however he's still laughing at the primitives with us, but from the Eternal Time and Place, not here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »
Even when I was with the 101st during Grenada and our Battalion was called out and we all had our junk in front of the barracks, can we claim to have been veterans of that little party. We never got so much as out of the area even with the trucks waiting to take us to the airfield.

One thing for sure is we were all ready to go and who knows what might have happened but we were going there to kick someones ass.

That is why I've never understood the mentality that drives people to embellish accounts of their service. Everyone who takes the oath does so with the knowledge that regardless of their job, they may one day be called on to place themselves in harms way and they stand ready to do so, at least in an all-voluntary military. The fact that one served and served honorably is enough to be worthy of respect. Of course those who were assigned to combat areas or otherwise distinguished themselves are due additional honors, but all have sacrificed something for their country. It was a privilege for me to serve and I expect nothing in return from the average citizen, not even a thank you for that matter. Just don't actively besmirch my service or work against my fellow veterans who are currently facing the fire. Both of those things, however, are specialties of the DUmbasses.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 05:40:30 PM »
There's only two people that I "have a need to be viewed as heroic by"--my wife and my daughter.  (Well, maybe not my wife--all of the time.)
Ya, know what you mean.
Seems as we get older, it just doesn't matter much any more.
Those of us the did it, know it. 
Those that didn't, know it too.
Now days I don't give a crap unless one of them really gets out of line.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
Funny, I see some DUmmie just started this thread.  That's the guy that Crockspot exposed as a lifelong democrat and a fraud.

Link to story at FR:  http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/1491289/posts  looks like Crocks original CU post was lost in the crash.

Ah yes, the "esteemed" *spit* Jeb Eddy.  It's good to see the little commie turds don't let a little thing like the fact that he's a fraud stand in the way of good propaganda.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840