Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Their Fraudulent Tax Returns  (Read 2527 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Their Fraudulent Tax Returns
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »
Lots of DUmmies apparently need help with their income tax returns. That's surprising. Although
a clever agency like the IRS is no doubt aware that DUmmies lie, all the time, it is still surprising
that so many of them have reportable income.
dixiegrrrrl  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:15 PM
Original message
Anyone else getting IRS letters from tax year 2007 and 2006?
The letters claim the tax payer owes money for penalties and interest, often on taxes that
have been filed and paid, sometimes when no taxes were accrued, no form needed to be filed.
MY CPA said he has seen quite a few letters from customers of late, I have heard of others.

Anyone?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6704594
Most DUmmies only need be concerned about the amount of their Earned Income Credit check.
Maybe DUmmy dixiegrrrrl only started this thread as a way to brag to other DUmmies that she
had taxable income back during the W boom.

Thickasabrick  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:19 PM
3. Mine creep up about 3 years late - I've usually over deducted for
something. They must be looking for every dime and increasing the audits from past years. After
7 years they can't go back.
"Over deducted for something"? Isn't that the same as "filed a fraudulent return"?

robinlynne  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:27 PM
7. oh yes they can. If they find a mistkae within the past seven, they can go back as far as they
want.  If your pa seven have no mistakes, they cannot go back farther. I only know this because
I wanted to throw away some old boxes of taxes from the 90s so I called the IRS to check first.

dixiegrrrrl  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:41 PM
12. Yeah, I took them to my CPA, the same one who has done all my taxes.
He said a lot of folks are bringing in the letters, they are authentic, ( He meets with IRS folks
frequently)  I heard some other folks who have also paid their taxes, and are getting "claims"
for "interest" on prior taxes that were filed, even tho they do not owe any money. In my case,
the IRS said my entire savings account was "income" and they want to tax it. The CPA just
laughed and shook his head, he says they fire off letters willy-nilly but haven't a clue, however,
he says he is seeing more of these absurd claim letters this year. Which let me to believe they
are digging around for any source of money for the Treasury.

itsrobert  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-05-09 08:25 PM
5. I think you should pay your taxes  Nothing unpatriotic about doing so. 

robinlynne  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:25 PM
6. I jsut got 2002-2008 city of Los Angeles. a city tax I never heard of before, plus interest and
penalties, of course. 

HipChick (91 posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:40 PM
11. I got a bill for $30K....
after I picked myself up off the floor.....I wrote and told them I disagreed with them, and sent
them a reason why...they came back with a new bill of $68...yeah..they want their pound of
flesh alright

BTW, they have recently upgraded a lot of their computer systems,so I'm sure this will happen
a lot more..   

Blue_In_AK  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-05-09 08:42 PM
14. I got some spam/virus e-mail  allegedly about under-reporting of income. My virus=catcher
caught it. 

dixiegrrrrl  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:52 PM
20. Nope, that is not the issue in my case.
Without going into too much personal detail, the issue *is*
that the IRS seems to be ramping up sending claim letters to people,
perhaps in the hope that folks will just send a check rather than go to
a CPA to sort out the bogus claim.
So I asked the question in the first post if anyone is aware of this, hoping to get an idea if this
is indeed widespread as I have heard. It has already been established that these are genuine
letters from the IRS, not e-mail, not issues of under-with holding, etc. 

gristy (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 08:49 PM
19. I got one last week. They say my income on my return doesn't match their records.
And for this, they say I owe them $761.

Another fraudulent return?

Well, at least in the new jug-eared hope and changey economy, most of the DUmmies don't have
to worry anymore about their income taxes.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: DUmmies Discuss Their Fraudulent Tax Returns
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »
Good Lord they all have so much difficulty living normal lives. :whatever:

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:13:30 PM »
No mention that the head of the IRS/sectres is a known tax cheat.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 09:14:04 PM »
I don't understand why they just don't send money.  It simply supports programs they were wanting.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline bkg

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »
why would anyone in the DU complain about the opportunity to pay more taxes? :confused:

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:21:25 AM »
why would anyone in the DU complain about the opportunity to pay more taxes? :confused:

Because the opportunity to pay more is upon THEM, not US, or the RICH, or whoever they deem necessary to pay "their fair share"....

It's all "for the children", don't you know....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 04:09:31 AM »
Because the opportunity to pay more is upon THEM, not US, or the RICH, or whoever they deem necessary to pay "their fair share"....

It's all "for the children", don't you know....

Dead on.  The DUmb****s want us to pay for them.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 07:03:34 AM »
The answer is clear:  Primitives should give all their paycheck to the US Treasury which, in turn, would send them an allowance.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 07:17:32 AM »
I'd love to know if anyone here has received one of these letters.  I know I haven't.  Nobody I know IRL has, to the best of my knowledge.  Of course, notice that none of these cover the period since 1/20/09--i.e., IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 08:14:08 AM »
I'd love to know if anyone here has received one of these letters.  I know I haven't.  Nobody I know IRL has, to the best of my knowledge.  Of course, notice that none of these cover the period since 1/20/09--i.e., IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!!

I haven't.  It's Bush's fault even though the letters are coming from 0Bama's IRS, because Bush's IRS should have caught these errors before the penalties and interest charges were so high.  If it isn't Bush's then it has to be Turbo Tax's fault.  :whatever:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »
Lots of DUmmies apparently need help with their income tax returns. That's surprising. Although
a clever agency like the IRS is no doubt aware that DUmmies lie, all the time, it is still surprising
that so many of them have reportable income.

I think a lot of DUmmies are going to be stunned when they find out their "tax cut" from BO is simnply an advance on their tax return, if they were getting one, and more taxes if they owe.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 09:24:50 AM »
Anybody here receiving such unexpected demands?  I have not heard of this anywhere else.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 09:43:49 AM »
Anybody here receiving such unexpected demands?  I have not heard of this anywhere else.

Do you suppose it's one of those sorts of scams where being a federal agency is mimicked, and the primitives can't tell the difference?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 10:02:45 AM »
Do you suppose it's one of those sorts of scams where being a federal agency is mimicked, and the primitives can't tell the difference?

Is $kimmer smart enough to further fleece the flock?  :uhsure:

I know I haven't gotten any letters, nor anyone I know. My taxes have been beyond a 1040EZ for awhile now. I've done my own for the last several years so if there's any chance of getting one I should have by now.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 10:09:36 AM »
I haven't heard from the IRS in over 10 years, the last time I was audited.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 10:12:10 AM »
My tax guy will be coming by later in the week, I will show him this thread.  Taxes are his life so if there is anything afoot he will be aware of it.   He preaches tax avoidance not tax evasion (and has saved me plenty over the years). Most dummies probably use the free software that shows up around tax time.  Good luck taking the disk to an IRS meeting an having it explain your situation if the deification hits the fan.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »
The answer is clear:  Primitives should give all their paycheck to the US Treasury which, in turn, would send them an allowance.

We're already doing that.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »
We're already doing that.

My brother-in-law and sister bought a house outright after trying to have a mortgage on another. They didn't want to make payments every month so they took 50% less house.

Their property taxes had all been paid through the mortgage so this is the first time they get to actually see a tax bill. They are NOT happy. The school tax alone is $1615 and regular property tax will be about as much.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 01:07:06 AM »
My brother-in-law and sister bought a house outright after trying to have a mortgage on another. They didn't want to make payments every month so they took 50% less house.

Their property taxes had all been paid through the mortgage so this is the first time they get to actually see a tax bill. They are NOT happy. The school tax alone is $1615 and regular property tax will be about as much.

I for one believe that tax day should be the day before election day....

I also believe that the next time some asshole senator or house member says we need to pay more taxes, that the first thing they should do is remove the withholding from our paychecks and give us a bill for our taxes.  Then, WE will decide if we pay enough taxes, and if asshole gets to keep his job....

If you really want to make liberals squeal like spoiled children, limit elections by allowing voting privileges to those that actually pay taxes instead of the general population.... 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 01:26:24 AM »
The only letter I ever got from the IRS, other than the usual form letter crap they send most everyone, was once when I was informed that I had made a simple math error, and that I paid too much. I got a modest check shortly thereafter.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 08:30:13 AM »
I for one believe that tax day should be the day before election day....

I also believe that the next time some ******* senator or house member says we need to pay more taxes, that the first thing they should do is remove the withholding from our paychecks and give us a bill for our taxes.  Then, WE will decide if we pay enough taxes, and if ******* gets to keep his job....

If you really want to make liberals squeal like spoiled children, limit elections by allowing voting privileges to those that actually pay taxes instead of the general population.... 

Moving tax day to October would help, the "fiscal" year starts then doesn't it? And there should be a minimum tax so every pays something even if they later get a rebate, maybe $50 or something.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »
Moving tax day to October would help, the "fiscal" year starts then doesn't it? And there should be a minimum tax so every pays something even if they later get a rebate, maybe $50 or something.
It isn't an accident that April 15 is as far removed as possible from the peak of the campaign season.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
It isn't an accident that April 15 is as far removed as possible from the peak of the campaign season.

Yep. Its the only reason I can think of for tax day not to come near the beginning of the "fiscal" year.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 10:12:55 AM »
Yep. Its the only reason I can think of for tax day not to come near the beginning of the "fiscal" year.

Having tax day earlier and closer to the primaries would work for me.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 10:27:43 AM »
I still think ALL companies should quit withholding.  Pay the employees their gross pay and give them a sheet with the breakdown of what they need to write a check for to the government.

We would have a tax revolt within weeks.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen