Author Topic: I just got my fuel oil bill.  (Read 637 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I just got my fuel oil bill.
« on: March 31, 2022, 08:52:29 AM »
Star Member Raven (13,328 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216547384

It was more than twice what I paid last month for the same amount of oil. I am on a fixed income so this kind of an increase, if it continues, will blow a huge hole in my budget for the year. the coming warm weather months will make it somewhat easier, but I will begin to feel the hit again just in time for the mid-term elections. I am a loyal democrat, always have been, always will be, but there are many folks out there who are not and they will vote with their pocketbooks. Please don't give me a lecture about being a good American and supporting Ukraine. When folks have to chose between eating decently and keeping warm or filling their prescriptions, they will vote with that in mind.

Star Member Emile (3,096 posts)

1. Predatory Capitalists are wanting Republicans back in power and

if their inflation continues much longer the voters will grant them their wish.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Scrivener7 (41,557 posts)

2. The thing is that the price of a barrel is not particularly high.

This is all gouging.

I felt it too in my bills this month. Pisses me right off.

Star Member leftyladyfrommo (15,674 posts)

3. KCMO. My gas bill doubled this winter.my utilities

are running $300 a month. And I am on fixed income and I use only the energy that I really need. And I have a 750 sq ft house. As soon as it gets warm enough I will stop using gas completely but then my electric bill goes up because I need my air conditioner.

This is hitting fixed income seniors really hard.

llmart (12,596 posts)

4. +1

Anyone else remember the slogan during Bush Sr.'s reelection campaign of the 90's? "It's the economy, stupid."

As you said, it doesn't matter how voters feel about supporting Ukraine if their pocketbook is hurting. It also doesn't matter how irrational their thinking might be about who or what is to blame for the increases. They will vote for someone other than the incumbent.

I'm worried about the mid-terms.

Star Member yardwork (53,840 posts)

5. What might the Democrats do about this?

I'm confused about how "support for Ukraine" is causing this. Fuel prices will go up whether or not we support Ukraine.

Star Member Emile (3,096 posts)

7. The Democratic politicians need to be more vocal about the free market capitalists

causing the inflation!

dem4decades (9,066 posts)

6. We're ****ed, the Republicans are unfairly but effectively blaming Biden.

We're watching the end of democracy, it's the perfect storm, Pandemic, supply and demand, high prices and a well funded opposition party.

Star Member Johnny2X2X (12,749 posts)

8. Dems need to talk about wage growth more

The last year saw the best wage growth in decades, and it was more pronounced in the lowest income brackets, as a matter of fact, real inflation was negative for the lowest wage workers, they saw on average a bigger raise in 2021 than prices rose. 8% to 6.8%, so "real inflation" went down for them, but you haven't hear that anywhere.

And even the rest of the working class saw great wage growth, so if prices went up 6.8% in 2021, they were mitigated for all workers by an average 5.1% growth in wages. We're not that out of whack. I'd take 5% inflation forever if wage growth were 6%, so lower inflation by a couple points and raise wage growth just a bit and everyone will be getting ahead and we'll rebuild the middle class.

Some of these commodities like heating oil is just flat out price gouging though, there has been nothing in the last year that has happened that warrants a doubling of heating oil prices, nothing.

MichMan (6,442 posts)

9. Wage growth is meaningless for those who are retired, on fixed incomes, or didn't see a pay increase

Star Member doc03 (30,171 posts)

12. Some of the financial gurus say a recession is on the way too because of the Fed raising

interest rates.

Star Member panader0 (23,959 posts)

17. It'd be worse if Repubs were in power. So vote with that in mind.

Isn't the OP Wee Willy Pitt's mom?

:???:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: I just got my fuel oil bill.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 09:03:25 AM »

It was more than twice what I paid last month for the same amount of oil. I am on a fixed income so this kind of an increase, if it continues, will blow a huge hole in my budget for the year. the coming warm weather months will make it somewhat easier, but I will begin to feel the hit again just in time for the mid-term elections. I am a loyal democrat, always have been, always will be, but there are many folks out there who are not and they will vote with their pocketbooks. Please don't give me a lecture about being a good American and supporting Ukraine. When folks have to chose between eating decently and keeping warm or filling their prescriptions, they will vote with that in mind.

Maybe start charging rent from wee Willie Pitt and its spawn for living in the basement.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 09:23:34 AM »

We're watching the end of democracy, it's the perfect storm, Pandemic, supply and demand, high prices and a well funded opposition party.

What pandemic is this person talking about?  Biden promised he had a plan and he would STOP the virus!  Didn't he promise us that?

Now he's had more covid deaths than Trump did under his watch, and Biden has the Trump vaccine working for him.  Also under Biden's watch he's let in at least 3 new variants and we even knew they were coming ... why didn't he stop them before they got here?

He's been a failure every step of the way.  You can't sign 140+ EO's in your first week and not expect them to have an effect, for good or ill.

He signed those EO's and put 70,000 people out of work his first week in office and the cost of fuel started increasing exponentially.  It's all his fault.  If you look at the price of fuel it started going up as soon as he won the election because the oil and gas industry took him at his word when he said he was going to 'eliminate' them.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 09:34:11 AM »
Nobody wants to hear any dem blame the free market capitalists for this nightmare.  They want it to ****ing stop and to get it ****ing fixed.  Biden already tried blaming everybody else and it DID NOT WORK.  He never had the political capital for such a stunt.  Why?  Because he STOLE THE ELECTION.  The love was fake, made up in the middle of the night.   

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 09:38:50 AM »
DUmbasses.....there is a saying that comes to mind when reading your posts:

"There are none so blind as those who will not see." - John Heywood, 1546

Reading your posts I've come to the conclusion that you DUmbasses are the blindest MFers on planet Earth.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 09:59:26 AM »
Sure heating your home might bankrupt you and put you on the street but when you are in your cardboard box you can sleep well knowing there are no more mean truthful tweets and that America Is Back.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 10:17:53 AM »

It was more than twice what I paid last month for the same amount of oil. I am on a fixed income so this kind of an increase, if it continues, will blow a huge hole in my budget for the year.

1. Global Warming isn't heating her home? :rimshot:

2. She's half-truthing. Her previous month's bill was probably wa-a-a-a-aaaaaayyyyyyyyy up from last year, because LIEden .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 10:21:48 AM »
... when you are in your cardboard box you can sleep well ...

She and Pittstain probably have enough empty liquor boxes to build a condo complex under their local freeway overpass.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 10:25:30 AM »
Here's a really stupid ****ing post:

Star Member treestar (79,740 posts)

22. Why are they on a fixed income?

Doesn't social security have cost of living raises?

And aren't there tons of other breaks for seniors? On taxes, restaurants, everywhere you go, there are many discounts to help overcome this.

and then

Star Member treestar (79,740 posts)

21. So why will Republicans be the solution?

Why does anyone think Republicans care about this at all? The answer is to vote in Republicans? How is that voting your pocketbook?

Right wingers don't vote their pocketbook. They see their interests as abortion, guns, and God.

These ideas paint the independents/middle of the roaders as shoot-themselves-in-the-foot stupid. So how can we manipulate these stupid people better than Republicans do?

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 10:25:48 AM »
Star Moron Scrivener7 (41,557 posts)

2. The thing is that the price of a barrel is not particularly high.

This is all gouging.

I felt it too in my bills this month. Pisses me right off.

107 dollars a barrel is pretty high, DUmmy.

Star Moron yardwork (53,840 posts)

I'm confused about how "support for Ukraine" is causing this. Fuel prices will go up whether or not we support Ukraine.

Easy answer. Remove bidens EO which cancelled Trumps EO on day 1 regarding energy, and get the potato in chief to stop the administrations war on energy.

No no no. It happened on bidens watch, biden owns it. Thats what you assclowns said of Trump and covid, and now you're going to own that.

Not to mention that energy costs rising since the day POTATUS took office were almost entirely a result of his own policies.

Star Moron panader0 (23,959 posts)

17. It'd be worse if Repubs were in power. So vote with that in mind.

It was BETTER when repubs were in power, DUmbass.

:thatsright:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 10:30:29 AM »
Sure heating your home might bankrupt you and put you on the street but when you are in your cardboard box you can sleep well knowing there are no more mean truthful tweets and that America Is Back.
\

And just think!

Add a set of wheels to that box, and they then have zero emissions transportation, from which they can look down their noses at all those nasty polluters!

Hows that for out of the box thinking.

:-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 10:38:44 AM »
Star Moron yardwork (53,840 posts)

I'm confused about how "support for Ukraine" is causing this. Fuel prices will go up whether or not we support Ukraine

Put every single thing back the way you found it on January 20th 2021 and don't touch anything again. DUmbass  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 10:48:22 AM »
Stolen Elections have consequences.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 11:34:27 AM »
Dear DUmmies

This economic malaise is 100% on pedo joe AND YOU KNOW IT.  If you knew anything about economics and market futures you would know that this perfect storm of inflation is from printing money and by limiting FUTURE SUPPLY of oil and taking America from oil independence back to the good old carter days of oil dependency.

I hope it hurts.  Badly.  I hope each and every person who voted for the senile pedophile and the whore have to choose between eating and driving to work and heating your house.  I hope every night is sleepless while you toss and turn while listening to your little children cry because they are just subsisting.  I hope you are wracked with guilt and overwhelmed with anxiety.  I hope some of you reach the end of your rope and take it.

Stupid should hurt.  Badly.

In the meantime, those of us who made good decisions in both life and politics may wince at this but for the most part shrug it off.  My fridge is full, travel plans to go to Cancun still in place and life for me and the missus at least is still good.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2022, 12:56:33 PM »
The cherry on top of this pile of stupid, is that they'll vote for more of the same with a smile, and rain hate down upon anyone else that doesn't.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2022, 01:00:20 PM »
The cherry on top of this pile of stupid, is that they'll vote for more of the same with a smile, and rain hate down upon anyone else that doesn't.

I believe it's called insanity!! :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2022, 01:01:47 PM »

It was more than twice what I paid last month for the same amount of oil.

so, go with electric heat. you can put solar panels on the roof and a windmill in the yard. Go Green!! :-) :-)

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »
so, go with electric heat. you can put solar panels on the roof and a windmill in the yard. Go Green!! :-) :-)

Kamala also suggest driving less to save money.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »
Turn off the heat and use the savings to buy warmer clothes. :thatsright: :loser: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2022, 02:48:07 PM »
Turn off the heat and use the savings to buy warmer clothes. :thatsright: :loser: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wasn't Carter big into encouraging folks to put on an extra sweater, back in the day?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2022, 04:35:33 PM »

They should just snuggle up with omaha steve.

:bolt:

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2022, 11:50:49 AM »
Call CITGO and order a tank of heating oil using Hugo Bux!  :lmao:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2022, 12:50:43 PM »
I believe it's called insanity!! :lmao:

I disagree, I believe it is most commonly referred to as "Democrats in Action."

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2022, 02:40:49 PM »
Move to Guatemala, with half the population coming here they have plenty of room for you. you won't need heat there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: