Author Topic: What articles of impeachment might look like  (Read 1874 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
What articles of impeachment might look like
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »
Gothmog (73,048 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212502279

What articles of impeachment might look like

Barbara is a friend and is the author of the Citizen's Guide to Impeachment. Here are her thoughts on what articles of impeachment may look like https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-what-articles-of-impeachment-might-look-like-20190925-pmuzfyh4hbaqvjfw6qnric33d4-story.html

The President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, in violation of his Constitutional Oath that “I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” and duty to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed,” acting himself and through agents, has harmed the United States people, society and system of government.

1. Betrayal of Oath of Office and Rule of Law

In violation of federal campaign laws, President Trump solicited a foreign country to engage in activity of value to him: aiding his re-election by pursuing his opponent. Then, he impeded discovery of his wrongdoing.

Is there proof in the Mueller report? Isn't that what you took two years to investigate? AND the report came back with no collusion, no obstruction. So, yeah... try to impeach him on that.

He covers-up wrongdoings in finance, tax, banking, government, business, charity and other campaign matters including complex, illegal schemes to hide payoffs to silence his mistresses in aiding his election.

Oh, so you have evidence of those things? Where are they? You don't get to say 'He lied on his taxes, but I need the tax returns to prove it. You have to have evidence first of a crime before you get to charge someone.

He engages in campaign, tax and other misconduct, including misuse of a domestic charitable foundation to benefit his interests.

Again, where is the proof? Where is the evidence?

His token donation of his presidential salary in no way cures his unconstitutional acceptance of massive gifts, intellectual property and profit-taking from foreign countries and persons.

You surely can document how much money (intellectual property? are you ****ing kidding me) from which foreign counties and persons, on which dates and to what bank accounts... while you are at it, let's throw in Biden's and barry's bank account transactions for the last five years and see how they stack up...

He has negligently or corruptly engaged in bad hiring practices and failures to faithfully execute his office. He hired a national security adviser beholden to a foreign power. He gutted State and other key departments. He improperly supervises and retains badly performing agents, including Hatch Act law-breakers who misuse their offices to play politics.

The President can hire and fire whom he wishes. If they committed crimes can you list names, dates, crimes committed, dates found guilty by a court, and punishments? I'll wait....

His misconduct — including abuse of communications platforms — worsens religious, racial and other forms of hatred, aggravating divisions and even spurring violence. His victims include citizens, asylum-seekers, political enemies and the free press.

Can you show me in the statute book, where, if even provable to be true, any of those are crimes actionable under US code?

This is all they have?  :rotf:

Star Member asiliveandbreathe (5,307 posts)

1. Nice..thank you for the link...new white paper at free speech for people too

https://freespeechforpeople.org/new-white-paper-legal-grounds-impeachment-investigation-president/

Just one of many at link...

1.Obstructing justice

Beginning soon after the inauguration, the president engaged in a course of conduct that sought to obstruct justice in the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s investigations of Lieutenant General Michael Flynn and of his own campaign’s potential involvement with Russian activity in the 2016 election.

Oh, really... does the Mueller report verify this? Does any report by the FBI verify this? Does any report from the DOJ verify this?

No? Oh, well...

TheRealNorth (1,220 posts)

2. I would throw in immoluments and using government for self-enrichment

I.e. once we get to the bottom of who directed those military planes to refuel in Scotland.

You'd have to ask Barry.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: What articles of impeachment might look like
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 05:19:50 PM »
Goth is one of the DUmbest ****s to ever walk around.
If he is saying it,the opposite is assured.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 06:24:21 PM »
Envisioning something scribbled in crayon saying Orange Man Bad.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 06:50:47 PM »
Its friend Barbera should change the title of her book to “Impeachment by Dummies, for Dummies”.  Those charges are just lame.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 07:28:37 PM »
What articles of impeachment look like to the dummies, libs, dems and MSM:

What articles of impeachment look like to sane people:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 09:17:16 AM »
What articles of impeachment look like to sane people:

Say it ain't so. This is toast, Trump has legs.