Author Topic: open letter to cali (live thread for Kentucky, Oregon primaries)  (Read 3353 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: open letter to cali (live thread for Kentucky, Oregon primaries)
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2016, 08:23:18 AM »
As of this morning, per the New York Times:

Messalina Agrippina 2,291 delegates (2,383 needed to win nomination)
Methuselah 1,528 delegates

There's 930 delegates yet to be selected.

The lady needs only 92 more.

The old sourassed sourpuss needs 755 more.

Hmmmm.  Seven hundred and fifty-five out of 930.

Methuselah probably should get going on this, like real soon.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
The NYT numbers include the superdelegates, and since they are not obliged to stick to existing pledges at the convention, Hitlery is much further from a technical win prior to the convention than their numbers indicate.  Until she reaches her magic number of actual obligated delegates, Sanders can stay in, which means that it is possible (Thanks to the existence of the whole superdelegate mechanism) that neither one of them may have a majority of actually-obligated delegates prior to the convention.

I personally expect Loretta Lynch to sit on the indictment decision until after the Democrats' convention, in order to ensure Hitlery gets the nomination from the superdelegate vote, because Obama's DOJ under both Holder and Lynch has proven to be much more interested in partisan politics than justice.  Once the nomination is solidly Hitlery's, Bernie becomes a dead letter, and even if the legal situation develops to the point Hitlery has to withdraw, Bernie is no longer a factor and the party can pick anyone they want instead of having to see the superdelegates reluctantly turn to Bernie at the convention.

It is therefore not entirely against the interests of the party as a whole to see it go to the convention and then see Bernie defeated by the final superdelegate vote there.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2016, 03:36:54 PM »
I personally expect Loretta Lynch to sit on the indictment decision until after the Democrats' convention, in order to ensure Hitlery gets the nomination from the superdelegate vote, because Obama's DOJ under both Holder and Lynch has proven to be much more interested in partisan politics than justice.

As I've been saying all along, anything can happen, and usually does.

Once the nomination is solidly Hitlery's, Bernie becomes a dead letter, and even if the legal situation develops to the point Hitlery has to withdraw, Bernie is no longer a factor and the party can pick anyone they want instead of having to see the superdelegates reluctantly turn to Bernie at the convention.

Right; anything can happen, but it's pretty reasonable to bank on that, given their conduct of hate and harassment during this past campaign, the Bernie bullies aren't going to get their man nominated. 

If they'd acted more maturely, they probably would've stood a chance.  But that opportunity is long gone now.

It is therefore not entirely against the interests of the party as a whole to see it go to the convention and then see Bernie defeated by the final superdelegate vote there.

Awesome.  Nail, meet hammer.

Of course, my personal objective here has never been to help Messalina Agrippina get the nomination; it's simply been nothing more than helping prevent Methuselah from getting the nomination, using whatever means and people necessary.

I feel very strongly that greed, arrogance, elitism, and know-it-allism needs to be kept out of governance, and the Bernie bullies have been the absolute worst pompous asses in all of American history.  Until they acquire tolerance of other points of view and some humility--and of course some manners--they need totally excluded from our system of selecting leaders. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2016, 04:25:48 PM »
I'm going to wrap up this live thread, it having served its purpose.

As of this afternoon, Wednesday afternoon, the New York Times apparently tinkered with the numbers a little bit--but not much.

Messalina Agrippina 2,293 delegates (2,383 needed to win; thus she's 90 short)
Methuselah 1,533 delegates (thus 850 delegates short)

(My apologies for having mis-added and mis-subtracted on earlier comments; this time, I actually used a calculator instead of my head).

There's 930 delegates left to be selected.

That means the old sourassed sourpuss needs to win 91.4% of them, if he honestly and truly wishes to get the nomination. 

Too bad for the Bernie bullies.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's going to be about three weeks before things get exciting again; there's just not much on the plate until then.

Tuesday, May 24 Washington state Republican primary

Saturday, June 4, Virgin Islands Democrat caucus, 12 delegates up for grabs

Sunday, June 5, Puerto Rico Democrat caucus, 67 delegates up for grabs

And then after that, Tuesday, June 7, we got a whole bunch of big ones; I think I'll address the last "open letter-live primary thread" to the anti-social felonious nihilist Skippy, the former NYC_SKP primitive, who first got the Bernie bandwagon rolling simply because he wished to wreak havoc on Skins's island and because he hates aesthetic assertive women.
apres moi, le deluge