Author Topic: open letter to cali (live thread for Kentucky, Oregon primaries)  (Read 3352 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: open letter to cali (live thread for Kentucky, Oregon primaries)
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 01:51:32 AM »
Oh my.

http://www.ibtimes.com/kentucky-oregon-election-polls-2016-bernie-sanders-trailing-hillary-clinton-ahead-2369575

Kentucky, Oregon Election Polls 2016: Bernie Sanders Trailing Hillary Clinton Ahead Of Democratic Primary Vote

After losing West Virginia last week to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will try to get back on the winning side of things Tuesday in Kentucky and Oregon's presidential primaries. The most recent polls show she could have a shot at taking both states.....

.....Despite recent victories for Sanders in West Virginia and Indiana, the delegate math is still heavily in Clinton's favor. The former secretary of state leads 1,716 to 1,433 in pledged delegates and 524 to 40 in superdelegates, according to the New York Times' count. Sanders would need to win some 70 percent of the remaining votes to tilt the delegate scale in his favor heading into the Democratic convention in July.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:27 AM »
Oh my.

If the news is true, it just keeps getting better and better for the Righteous, and worse and worse for the gimme parasites.

http://www.ibtimes.com/can-bernie-sanders-still-win-democrats-contested-convention-unlikely-turn-2367491?rel=rel2

Can Bernie Sanders Still Win? For Democrats, Contested Convention Unlikely To Turn Superdelegates Against Hillary Clinton

It's too late for Bernie Sanders to become the Democratic nominee simply by besting Hillary Clinton at the ballot box, but his latest plan to take her on at the Democratic convention in Philadelphia could also prove to be a dead end despite recent wins in Indiana and West Virginia.

The Vermont senator has increasingly urged superdelegates — Democratic officeholders and party leaders who are not bound to a candidate — to turn against Clinton and back his campaign. Sanders said neither he nor Clinton will get the majority delegates needed to win the nomination outright, so it's appropriate to have superdelegates evaluate who voters really want on the ballot in November and who is best positioned to take on Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, in the general election.....

....."In the state of Washington, we won that caucus with almost 73 percent of the vote there — 73 percent of the vote. In anybody's opinion, that is a massive landslide. But at this point Secretary Clinton has 10 superdelegates from the state of Washington, we have zero," Sanders has said. "I would ask the superdelegates from the state of Washington to respect the wishes from the people in their state and the votes they have cast."

But even if every superdelegate backed the winner of his or her state, Sanders still can’t win enough to nab the nomination. Only 15 percent of all of the Democratic delegates are supers. A candidate needs 2,383 delegates to win, and if Clinton keeps up her current level of support, she could win a majority of the pledged delegates by June 7. To tilt the scales, Sanders would need to win 70 percent of the vote in the remaining contests, a high bar that far exceeds how he has performed so far.....

.....In 2008, when Clinton was much closer to blocking Barack Obama from the nomination compared to Sanders' delegate total this year, she didn't contest the convention. Obama, who also couldn't win without superdelegates, became the nominee and went on to win in November and again in 2012.....

And one compares the statesmanship of the lady with the craven greed of Methuselah:

....."Clinton realized the damage that could be done to the party — and perhaps herself — so she didn't," the Washington Post noted of her decision not to push for a contested convention then. "Sanders doesn't share the former sentiment, as he has made clear. He was an independent until he decided to run for president, and his goal during his campaign has been to upend the system, into which a convention floor fight fits neatly.".....

So franksolich's big question remains; the Bernie bullies obviously aren't interested in what's best for the Democrat party.

They are however hoping to cynically use it, as one might use a whore, to get their man elected.

And if he's not the Democrat nominee, as they would with a whore, the Bernie bullies'll dump the Democrat party.

This is all very sordid, nothing classy about it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 04:56:20 AM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-clinton-sanders-democrats-20160516-snap-story.html

Hillary Clinton keeps losing. So how come she's winning?

Bernie Sanders is on a roll. He's won the last two Democratic primaries and stands a good chance Tuesday of adding Oregon and perhaps Kentucky to his pile of victories.

Yet Hillary Clinton is likely to continue her seemingly unstoppable march to the party's presidential nomination.

How can that be?

It's not a conspiracy, as some angry Sanders backers suggest, a result of dark magic or a wrinkle in the time-space continuum. Rather, it's the rules that Democrats play by -- rules that now work to Clinton's advantage, even as they thwarted her candidacy eight years ago, when she lost a nominating fight to then-Sen. Barack Obama.

It's because Messalina Agrippina read the rules and followed them, while Methuselah didn't.

.....[in] last week's West Virginia primary. Sanders clobbered Clinton, 51% to 36%. But when delegates were divvied up, Sanders won 18 and Clinton 11. Adding in superdelegates, the results were much closer: Sanders walked away with 19 delegates and Clinton claimed 18. That means Sanders' landslide victory cut into Clinton's overall delegate lead by precisely one.....

Too bad for the Bernie bullies.  Foiled again.

.....Why does the party have superdelegates?

Because Democrats have two competing impulses. On the one hand, they fancy their party a model of inclusiveness and egalitarianism. On the other, they want to win elections.

What does that have to do with superdelegates?

After the party was torn asunder by the Vietnam War -- some Democrats believing Vice President Hubert Humphrey had been forced down their throats as the 1968 nominee -- leaders changed the nominating system to give more say to voters at the grass-roots level. But after the landslide defeat of George McGovern in 1972 and Jimmy Carter in 1980, the feeling was some recalibration was needed, leavening the will of the people with the presumed wisdom of political insiders. Hence the birth of superdelegates.....

Yeah, that definitely needed done, so as to subdue the excess exuberance of the extremists.

.....Were superdelegates important the last time Clinton ran for president, in 2008?

Yes, they were. They helped push Obama past Clinton to win the Democratic nomination, even though he barely topped her in the overall popular vote and held a much narrower lead in the delegate count than Clinton enjoys today over Sanders.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 05:11:08 AM »
Okay, so I checked with the New York Times circa 5:00 a.m. central time today, to be sure nothing funny's happened overnight.

One needs 2,383 delegates to win the Democrat nomination, and 1,065 are still up for grabs, which includes 61 in Kentucky and 74 in Oregon today.

Messalina Agrippina's got 2,240 delegates thus far, needing 143 more to get the nomination.

Methuselah's got 1,473 delegates thus far, needing 910 more to get the nomination.

Messalina Agrippina needs to win only circa 10% of the remaining delegates.

Methuselah needs to win circa 90% of the remaining delegates.

Too bad for the Bernie bullies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 05:22:45 AM »
I'm going to be gone most of the morning, and will have to leave early this evening, probably before Oregon starts coming in, so as to be ready for some rather arduous physical therapy sessions, each one lasting a couple of hours.

This isn't where one just sits around and gets gently massaged; this is where one's whole body is flopped and flipped and twisted and turned and pounded as if done by a Japanese sumo wrestler, although really it's actually done by a petite younger woman who alleges franksolich is the male patient she's found easiest to handle.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 04:21:12 PM »
Well, every day, every hour, that passes, the Bernie bullies show the world more and more what they are.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/reids-nevada-democrats-warn-dnc-violence-sanders-supporters

Nevada Democrats Warn DNC of Violence From Sanders Supporters
State party chairwoman has received death threats

A contentious Nevada Democratic convention  this past weekend has led to a barrage of threats against the chairwoman of the state party. 

And it's led the party's lawyer to send a rather remarkable letter to the Democratic National Committee, warning of the risk of violent outbursts at the national convention in Philadelphia.

"Having seen up close the lack of conscience or concern for the ramifications of their actions — indeed, the glee with which they engaged in such destructive behavior — we expect similar tactics at the national convention in July," wrote party counsel Bradley Schrager in a letter dated Monday. "We therefore formally complain to the DNC regarding these unfortunate events, and warn the body that the goal of many of these individuals, sanctioned or encouraged by the Sanders campaign, is not party-building but something more sinister and unproductive.".....

This is all the more the reason these rectal apertures, these arrogant pompous asses, the gimme crowd, needs not merely defeated at the polls, but crushed, humiliated, their balls torn off.  Nothing less than the utmost humiliation is going to stop these people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
Oh my.

First results from Kentucky trickling in; too few to be significant, but nice numbers anyway:

Messalina Agrippina 60.9%
Methuselah 29.8%

I could be wrong--it happens--but those counties thus far reporting look like coal counties to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 05:09:48 PM »
Ooops. 

Just south of Cincinnati now reported in.

Messalina Agrippina 52.1%
Methuselah 36.3%
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 05:11:55 PM »
Looks to be a few more coal counties.

Messalina Agrippina 50.0%
Methuselah 37.8%
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 05:14:28 PM »
the lady 51.1%
the old sourassed sourpuss 38.0%
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 05:19:43 PM »
Just now on FNC . . .

C     50.0
S     39.7
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
Just now on FNC . . .

C     50.0
S     39.7

Yeah, the infamous Democrat-run Harlan County just reported in, with Methuselah's bullies stealing it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 05:44:49 PM »
Yeah, the infamous Democrat-run Harlan County just reported in, with Methuselah's bullies stealing it.

It gets worse for Clinton . . .

C     47.5
S.    44.6

2 percent in.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »
6:56 p.m.

While Hillary Clinton had a lead for most of the first hour of vote counting, as 7 p.m. neared and polls were set to close in the western part of the state, Bernie Sanders pulled ahead. With 7.39% of the vote counted, Sanders led by 362 votes

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2016/05/17/live-updates-kentucky-primary-day/84274140/

Seems that Kentucky has 2 times for poll closing.  6 and 7 pm.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:48:18 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
Hmmm....

7:44 p.m.

In Jefferson County, with nearly 40% of vote counted, Hillary Clinton leads Bernie Sanders by 14.5 points.

7:39 p.m.

With 45 percent of the votes counted in the presidential primary, Bernie Sanders lead has narrowed to 1.5 points over Hillary Clinton.

Link in previous post.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »
8:21 p.m.

With 75 percent of the presidential primary votes counted, Hillary Clinton has swung back to a lead of 1,666 votes.

Way closer than I thought in Kentucky.  A part of me wants it to be real close so the bernies can cry the election was stolen.  Another part of me wanted bernie to win in a landslide so it goes to the convention.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »
8:34 p.m.

Fayette County vote finally in after machine counting problems. Margin for Hillary Clinton now up to 4,044 votes with nearly 85 percent counted.

:lmao:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 07:58:43 PM »
Here we go:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12511985714

reformist2 (9,408 posts)

Election results look less and less real to me, and more like a fictional video game.

Obviously there's some basis in reality to these numbers coming in, but I can't help but think there's a lot of fudging going on in real time. As I've said before, I've lost faith in the official election results being accurate enough to be consistent with the real winner.

We need more transparency in order to believe these numbers. Or at least I do. I want to know who counts the votes, how they are counted, and whether there is any oversight, or checking, before the numbers are reported. In real time.

bkkyosemite (5,323 posts)
1. One of the counties (a big one) was holding at 8% for too long..even what's his name

on CNN thought it strange.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to reformist2 (Original post)

Tue May 17, 2016, 08:49 PM

firebrand80 (2,469 posts)
2. Especially when Bernie loses nt

This is a good thread to get the mood of the dump:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1280197310

This is a really good thread. Won't bring it over except for the OP:

Skwmom (11,820 posts)

Keep smearing Bernie Supporters and see how that works out for you in November.
As woman I am sickened by the number of elected women Democrats who have no problem lying about and smearing people AND engaging in a crooked undemocratic process. Your behavior is contemptible. So keep up your manipulative games. It is only exposing the truth about you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12511982969

It is gonna be fun at the dump tonite.   :popcorn:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
8:54 p.m.

With 92 percent of Kentucky vote counted, lead swings back to Bernie Sanders.

:popcorn:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2016, 08:27:58 PM »
 99% reporting...via fox, hillary got her squeaker

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2016, 08:38:23 PM »
99% reporting...via fox, hillary got her squeaker

Then the BernieBots have their reason to claim cheating.  :yahoo:

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »
Then the BernieBots have their reason to claim cheating.  :yahoo:
You know they were gonna do that either way

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 08:42:09 PM »
I have a circle of eastern KY millennials in my friends and acquaintances, it seems that a surprisingly large number of them are registered 'Independent' (Millennial thing, I guess, since there's no way in Hell this particular bunch would normally vote for anything but a Democrat) which means they couldn't vote in the closed primary.  All Sandernistas, too.  Dumbshits.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2016, 08:53:19 PM »
I have a circle of eastern KY millennials in my friends and acquaintances, it seems that a surprisingly large number of them are registered 'Independent' (Millennial thing, I guess, since there's no way in Hell this particular bunch would normally vote for anything but a Democrat) which means they couldn't vote in the closed primary.  All Sandernistas, too.  Dumbshits.

Yep. Closed primaries are the way to go. I wish more state gop parties would do it.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »
Well, the New York Times just gave 25 of the Kentucky delegates to Messalina Agrippina, and a corresponding number to Methuselah.

Messalina Agrippina 2,265 (2,383 needed to win)
Methuselah 1,498 (2,383 needed to win)

There's still the 74 from Oregon to be allocated this evening, but anyway, at the moment, the lady needs only 118 more delegates to get the nomination, and the old sourassed sourpuss 881.

After tonight, there's only 930 delegates remaining.

Methuselah had better hurry up and kick ass, if he wants to win.
apres moi, le deluge