Author Topic: Boehner Quits!  (Read 4781 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Boehner Quits!
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »
ChisolmTrailDem (6,029 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027202162

BOEHNER QUITTING! BREAKING....

Can't get anything done with renegades in Congress.

:bawl:  <---- Boehner...

merrily (27,336 posts)
2. House Democrats said they were not going to continue helping him hold on to his leadership slot.

Whenever his own delegation has tried to replace him, Democrats have saved his teary sweet potato-colored ass. They've said, "No more." So, rather than get voted out, he's trying to play hero.

Gman (23,174 posts)
8. He listened to the pope yesterday

And I'll bet his conscience got the best of him. He said I can't do this anymore.

Oh, for fuques' sake.

Gman (23,174 posts)
21. I don't think he is evil one bit

Never have His conscience, upbringing, and religion yesterday.through to him. His conscience, upbringing, and religion yesterday duct through to him. When he says he can't get anything done these likely referring to accomplishing the things the pope referred to yesterday

:banghead:

DisgustipatedinCA (9,521 posts)
14. While I know what you mean, this will open the gates of stupid Republican hell.

God knows what degenerate they'll choose to replace him.

Pretty early on the DUmp thread. It's telling that many on the left are sad to see the weeping one go.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Boehner Quits!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:00:33 AM »
merrily (27,336 posts)
2. House Democrats said they were not going to continue helping him hold on to his leadership slot.

Whenever his own delegation has tried to replace him, Democrats have saved his teary sweet potato-colored ass. They've said, "No more." So, rather than get voted out, he's trying to play hero.
This was enough reason to shitcan him as Speaker years ago.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »
Good.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:09:12 AM »
Way too long in the speakers chair, we could see he was ineffectual very early on.

YAYYYYYY!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 09:12:06 AM »
Adios!

Here's hoping Trey Gowdy gets it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 09:19:19 AM »
Adios!

That would be a hoot! :fuelfire: :whistling: :yahoo:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 09:28:08 AM »
Adios!

From your lips to God's ears.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 09:59:23 AM »
I think the libs are more pissed off than Republicans.

Good riddance to the weeper.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »
This was enough reason to shitcan him as Speaker years ago.

Totally agree.  As weird as it is to say in one of these threads... there actually may be some truth to what Merrilly posted.  My guess is, Democrats are hoping another spineless RINO takes the speaker position.  That said, I think Democrats are going to be in for a BIG surprise and may rue not trying to keep Boehner around.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 10:14:26 AM »
Totally agree.  As weird as it is to say in one of these threads... there actually may be some truth to what Merrilly posted. My guess is, Democrats are hoping another spineless RINO takes the speaker position. That said, I think Democrats are going to be in for a BIG surprise and may rue not trying to keep Boehner around.

They really ARE that stupid!  As if most House Republicans wanted this sorry asshole in charge, although I'll admit I had no idea the Dims were helping to keep him in charge.  Nancy Pelousy better watch her own shriveled up nasty ass; he may change parties and come gunning for her position.   :popcorn:
Trey Gowdy would be my first pick too, but I really, really hope he will devote 110% of his efforts into finally getting to the truth of why Benghazi happened.  There are other true blue (red?) conservatives in the House who could do a good job as Speaker.  Jason Chaffetz and Louie Gomert are two who come to mind and that's just off the top of my head.  We have quite an impressive crop of Representatives whose every good deed has been smothered between Boehner and his equally weak chinned Senate buddy Mitch Mcconnel. :argh:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
Steve King as a dark horse.  That would piss off the left to no end.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 10:50:53 AM »
Boehner Parties in the Hamptons, Tells Joy Behar: 'I Am Obama's Best Friend'

For lurking DUmmies who don't even remember the bravenek affair from a week ago, let alone what was published 1 year and 2 days ago:
Behar was there eating dinner with her husband Steve Janowitz, actor Ron Rifkin, and Rifkin’s wife Iva, and the Post‘s Smith wrote that “she baited Boehner as he got up from his table to leave the restaurant.”

“I couldn’t resist having some fun. I jumped up and told him to stop obstructing President Obama,” Behar said. “I am sick of all this deadlock. Strangely, he replied, ‘I am Obama’s best friend.’
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 11:06:15 AM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 11:17:13 AM »
DisgustipatedinCA (9,521 posts)
14. While I know what you mean, this will open the gates of stupid Republican hell.

God knows what degenerate they'll choose to replace him.

Translated from DU-Speak, (s)he fears an effective conservative might become Speaker. From his/her fears to God's ears, IYKWIM!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »
Thank god. I don't know why any real Republicans would be sorry to see him go

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
Thank god. I don't know why any real Republicans would be sorry to see him go

Real republicans saw the Weeping Cheeto for what he was, a liberal through and through. Now with any luck, Mitch the wonder turtle will be tossed on his sorry ass soon enough.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 01:19:51 PM »
According to the linked article below, Kevin McCarthy has drawn a few conservatives' support.  Then again, this was ten days ago.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/253744-house-conservatives-warm-to-mccarthy-as-speaker
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »
I just hope the tea partiers don't go full retard until after the general election.

I expect they will, though.

The democrats have already set them up to shut down the government over those YouTube clips.

It's embarrassing enough to have a reality-show comedian as a front runner in the polls.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
There's an article on Drudge, from National Review, with the title . . .

GOP Representative: Mitch McConnell ‘Next Guy in the Crosshairs’

And, it's here: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424646/john-boehner-resignation-mitch-mcconnell-next

Chase her.

Offline samspade

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 02:41:13 PM »
Way too long in the speakers chair, we could see he was ineffectual very early on.

YAYYYYYY!
I would have to disagree.  Boehner was a major help to the democrats.  If a republican  bill got to close he would stymie it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:41:15 PM by samspade »

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 02:44:39 PM »
I just hope the tea partiers don't go full retard until after the general election.

I expect they will, though.

Cheer up, GOBUCKS.  It looks as though the RINO Establishment is trying to squeeze McCarthy into the Speaker's seat; he's as big an obama loving RINO as Boehner.  That should make it all better.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 02:50:13 PM »
Ted Cruz
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:30 PM »
Ted Cruz

It would be a step down for Sen. Cruz . . .

Chase her.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »
Cheer up, GOBUCKS.  It looks as though the RINO Establishment is trying to squeeze McCarthy into the Speaker's seat; he's as big an obama loving RINO as Boehner.  That should make it all better.

Yeah, and if we get Jeb! that'll show all us tea party retards what's what. :thatsright:
And, if we don't shut the government down over MURDER what the **** would be justification enough?  I'm not in favor of funding Planned Infanticide with my damn tax dollars.  If that makes me a Tea Party retard sign me right the **** up.
This rant not directed at you, wasp.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
It would be a step down for Sen. Cruz . . .

Yeppers, much rather he be someone's VP if he isn't the President.
As for Congress, I marvel at the filth some patriots are willing to wallow in in order to restore some sort of decency to this nation's government.  And I marvel at how ****ing oblivious others are in their determination that matters roll along as they usually do while we degrade ourselves morally and expose our collective bellies to Islamic terrorists in the name of political correctness.