Author Topic: "How can you smile? How can you celebrate!"  (Read 866 times)

Online CC27

"How can you smile? How can you celebrate!"
« on: August 17, 2022, 08:21:13 AM »
Star Member Atticus (13,638 posts)

Those questions flashed into my mind as I saw a clip of Ms Hageman reveling in her Wyoming GOP primary win.

She was, in effect, saying "I lied and I lied and I lied---AND IT WORKED!"

On second thought, she is the perfect Trumplican.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217054183

Liz and Jan 6th BS is toast. Get over yourself.

Offline SVPete

Re: "How can you smile? How can you celebrate!"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 08:47:47 AM »
 :rotf: Flatus is out-gassing, with 12 Replies in the past hour or so. :rotf:

Cheney defined herself with her Trump-Hatred, and the people of Wyoming took that to the ballot box. The people of Wyoming rejected Cheney, Trump-Hatred, and the 1/6 Kangaroo-Kourt Kommittee.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »
Next I want to see them take away the gavel from san fran nan. :-) :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 09:04:12 AM »
Speaking of Trump-hating Rs how have the Rs who voted to impeach Trump or who participated in Pelosiroo's Kangaroo Kourt Kommittee fared in the primaries? How many will have a chance to return to DC and Congress next January?

Fixed a typo
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:35:24 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 09:15:58 AM »
Liz Cheney lost. What's not to like?

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 09:21:58 AM »
Speaking of Trums-hating Rs how have the Rs who voted to impeach Trump or who participated in Pelosiroo's Kangaroo Kourt Kommittee fared in the primaries? How many will have a chance to return to DC and Congress next January?

That picture looks something like this:

The process of removal continues.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 09:37:06 AM »
People who are literally too DUmb or aware to know what is or isn't a lie, who voted for a return of the most dishonest administration since obama 1.0, complaining about lies.

That's just precious.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 09:40:16 AM »
Valadao flipped a D district in the Fresno area. Putting up with him might be part of the price of recapturing the gavel from Pelosiroo. IIRC, Devin Nunes' district borders Valadao's, so maybe Nunes can help Valadao with some pointers.

Anyway, that 20% survival rate should be a warning to Rs about putting their feeeeeeeeeeeelings ahead of what is good for their district and country.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:43:02 AM by SVPete »

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 09:57:04 AM »

Well, one way, is to dance a jig. Just let the feelings of joy wash over you, and start dancing like tens of millions of patriotic Americans did last night 39 minutes after the polls closed in Wyoming:

:rotf:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 10:21:21 AM »
I don't think the outcome was ever in doubt, just the margin of defeat. Cheney self-impaled on the sword of her hatred and her delusion that the country agrees with her hatred.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 10:27:19 AM »
How can you smile? How can you celebrate!"

Well, one way, is to dance a jig. Just let the feelings of joy wash over you, and start dancing like tens of millions of patriotic Americans did last night 39 minutes after the polls closed in Wyoming:

It looks something like this...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 10:56:53 AM »

It looks something like this...

Indeed it does, and I'll bet there were several million variations of it last night.   :-)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 11:26:04 AM »
Liz Cheney lost. What's not to like?

Heard about a blockbuster running mate for Ditzy Lizzie....Orenthal James Simpson!  He has a thing for white women and he had defended her:

O.J. Simpson stands by Liz Cheney amid GOP reckoning

House GOP Conference Chair Liz Cheney has earned the support of convicted felon-turned-Twitter pundit O.J. Simpson, amid the fight of her political life.

Cheney (R-Wyo.), the No. 3 Republican in the House, earned the Juice’s respect because she “stands up for truth.”

Simpson offered his kind words via video posted to Twitter Monday, noting that at first, “I gotta admit, I was not a fan of Liz Cheney.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m 50-50 on her politics, but I didn’t like her. And then I just realized recently, the reason I didn’t like her had to do with her father, probably my least favorite politician of my adult life, former Vice President Dick Cheney,” he continued.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/o-j-simpson-stands-by-liz-cheney-amid-gop-reckoning/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 12:12:59 PM »
Heard about a blockbuster running mate for Ditzy Lizzie....Orenthal James Simpson!  He has a thing for white women and he had defended her:

House GOP Conference Chair Liz Cheney has earned the support of convicted felon-turned-Twitter pundit O.J. Simpson, amid the fight of her political life.

Cheney (R-Wyo.), the No. 3 Republican in the House, earned the Juice’s respect because she “stands up for truth.”

Simpson offered his kind words via video posted to Twitter Monday, noting that at first, “I gotta admit, I was not a fan of Liz Cheney.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m 50-50 on her politics, but I didn’t like her. And then I just realized recently, the reason I didn’t like her had to do with her father, probably my least favorite politician of my adult life, former Vice President Dick Cheney,” he continued.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/o-j-simpson-stands-by-liz-cheney-amid-gop-reckoning/

More evidence that it's becoming increasingly difficult to tell reality from satire.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 12:31:33 PM »
Her concession speech was touching. Her being humble, comparing herself to Lincoln. That. Was. Something. Else.  :popcorn:

Volaris (9,733 posts)

15. Now she can finally disappear...

Bwahahahaha...ok,now I KNOW he's delusional.

Liz ain't goin anywhere, your fat orange traitor. She's COMING for you now, in a way not possible before.

Ummm.. Ok. :mental:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 12:40:08 PM »

At least, unlike Liz Cheney, OJ stabbed his victims while facing them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 12:59:28 PM »
Liz and Jan 6th BS is toast. Get over yourself.

Was Atticus referring to Harry Reid bragging about lying about Mitt Romney not paying taxes?

Asking for a friend.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Karin

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 01:51:02 PM »
What she's going to do now is make an un-original clone of The Lincoln Project, and grift away.  Soaking up lot of that libdem donor money. 

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2022, 02:04:29 PM »
More evidence that it's becoming increasingly difficult to tell reality from satire.

It also shows yet another scumbag seeking shelter behind the right words or narrative, which is only slightly adjacent to using wokeness or any of its alphabet labels as both sword and shield.

:puke:

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2022, 10:08:22 PM »
What she's going to do now is make an un-original clone of The Lincoln Project, and grift away.  Soaking up lot of that libdem donor money.

Given her last name, she can also probably grift from anti-Trump establishment Rs. I'm sure the Bill Kristol would donate.  He's been a hard core never-Trumper ever since Trump came down the escalator

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 05:13:49 AM »
At least, unlike Liz Cheney, OJ stabbed his victims while facing them.

H5 given
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 12:07:24 PM »
Frequent guest on MesSNBC or joining The View is my guess.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke