Author Topic: Glenn Beck Says “Obama Made Me A Better Man,” Calls Himself A Black Lives Matter  (Read 1513 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Via New Yorker:

One recent morning, after the release of Donald Trump’s Tic Tac tape and his subsequent mansplanation about locker-room talk, Glenn Beck clicked on a video of Michelle Obama campaigning for Hillary Clinton in a New Hampshire gymnasium. The First Lady ripped into Trump’s comments, calling them “disgraceful” and “intolerable,” and adding, “It doesn’t matter what party you belong to—Democrat, Republican, Independent—no woman deserves to be treated this way.” Beck was mesmerized. On his radio program that day, he heralded Obama’s remarks as “the most effective political speech I have heard since Ronald Reagan.”

“Those words hit me where I live,” Beck said the other day. He was speedwalking up Eighth Avenue with his wife, son, and daughter, all in from Toronto. “If you’re a decent human being, those words were dead on.”

Decency is a fresh palette for Beck, who, at Fox, used to scribble on a chalkboard while launching into conspiratorial rants about looming Weimar-esque hyperinflation, Barack Obama’s ties to radicals with population-cleansing schemes, and a Marxist-Islamist cabal itching to take over America. He once described Clinton as “a stereotypical bitch” and accused Obama of being a racist with a “deep-seated hatred for white people.”

That was the old Beck, he insists: “I did a lot of freaking out about Barack Obama.” But, he said, “Obama made me a better man.” He regrets calling the President a racist and counts himself a Black Lives Matter supporter. “There are things unique to the African-American experience that I cannot relate to,” he said. “I had to listen to them.”

Beck’s interactions with Donald Trump helped, too. He told a story of Trump summoning him to a guest room at Mar-a-Lago; Trump then telephoned him from an adjacent room. “We had this weird, almost Howard Hughes-like conversation,” Beck said. He left convinced that Trump was nuts. “This guy is dangerously unhinged,” he said. “And, for all the things people have said about me over the years, I should be able to spot Dangerously Unhinged.”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/11/14/glenn-beck-tries-out-decency

Offline samspade

I swear Beck is getting crazier every day.

Offline Karin

Re: Glenn Beck Says “Obama Made Me A Better Man,”
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »
Yes he is.  Does he have any audience left anymore?

Offline HAPPY2BME

Re: Glenn Beck Says “Obama Made Me A Better Man,”
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 12:13:25 PM »
Yes he is.  Does he have any audience left anymore?

==============================

neocon republicans and radical democrats

Offline HAPPY2BME

Offline Happy Fun Ball

I remember when Beck was somewhat sane. For instance, I still remember this classic:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADeJhGE5ZU[/youtube]

Now he's gone the way of Little Green Footballs.

Offline samspade

I remember when Beck was somewhat sane. For instance, I still remember this classic:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADeJhGE5ZU[/youtube]

Now he's gone the way of Little Green Footballs.
I used to read Little Green Footballs and one day they had turned hard left.

Offline Ghoulardi

• Probationary (Probie)
Beck should be committed.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Sorry about the bump, but something quite significant happened with Beck today. It looks like he's pulled a Kanye and now he's supporting Trump. Apparently, the last straw was the complete and obvious lies from the media about Trump's comments about MS13. At that point, he said he's had enough, put on a red hat, and started praising Trump, especially about the Jerusalem embassy.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Sorry about the bump, but something quite significant happened with Beck today. It looks like he's pulled a Kanye and now he's supporting Trump. Apparently, the last straw was the complete and obvious lies from the media about Trump's comments about MS13. At that point, he said he's had enough, put on a red hat, and started praising Trump, especially about the Jerusalem embassy.

Beck is just another pundit who is trying desperately to stay in the forefront of political punditry -- and is failing, right alongside Alex Jones.

The loonier Beck appears to be, the more people will listen to him. And the more people listen to him, the more money he makes and the more exposure he has.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I think Beck go on the crazy train several years ago.  :mental:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Glenn Beck was cool like years ago. He is a flake.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DumbAss Tanker

His weird attempt to suddenly do a 180 (Really more like a 540) and hook onto the Trump Train may put him on the right side, but a wild, unpredictable switch does nothing to keep him from looking batshit crazy. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.