Author Topic: Bouncy with Incredibly Fast Conversion  (Read 1231 times)

Offline BamaMoose

Bouncy with Incredibly Fast Conversion
« on: September 11, 2020, 03:58:50 AM »
Thu Sep 10, 2020, 11:09 PM

Star Member lambchopp59 (1,429 posts)

My brief discussion with a MAGA today

This client was 80 years old. She was commenting on all the choking smoke here in California. Then she lit the match...
"Why do you suppose this is happening?"
"Climate change" I retorted.
"Pish..." came her unthought-out reply, but that was abbreviated. In one sudden realization I saw the gears in this fool finally starting to turn.
So, I continued...
"No one can realistically look outside to see the devastation, the brown air, the sun that looks like an orange moon in the sky without considering
That this is getting worse yearly.
That billions of earth's inhabitants cannot continue to drive large, luxurious, individually powered vehicles without laying waste to the planet."
It was those last statements that placed this person in a position of reconsideration of all the lies we've been continually told by tRump and co..
The reaction was jaw dropping. Hearing this from a science based professional person of some authority really hit hard.
I believed I may have reversed course on a MAGAt today.
And all it took was the entire western USA on fire to do it.
Her last statement, muttered to herself as I wheeled her out to her car through all the smoky haze was:
"I've been a ******* fool".

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214057455

Reminds me of a recent discussion I had with a coworker:

He said:  "So, I think I'm gonna vote for Biden."
I responded:  "Nah, don't do that.  He's an idiot."
He responded "Jeez, you're right.  I've been a ******* fool."
Everyone around us applauded and then Boog came in carrying me a beer.  It was epic.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Bouncy with Incredibly Fast Conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 05:37:43 AM »
 :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 07:10:01 AM »
Sure it happened.  :whatever:

California has some consistencies from year to year that are unmistakable.

Earthquakes
Mud slides
Santa Ana winds
Fires
Droughts
Blackouts

Add to that riots and it being the land of fruits and nuts....

So I guess we’ve had global warming/climate change/global cooling for centuries now. So why do you suppose this is happening is better answered by saying “When has it NOT happened?”

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 09:59:44 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 08:09:14 AM »
No mention of how the environmentalists won’t allow the forestry service or the power companies to do what they need to to reduce the fuel, huh?  Wonder why that didn’t come up?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 09:07:34 AM »
Sure it happened.  :whatever:

California has some consistencies from year to year that are unmistakable.

Earthquakes
Mud slides
Santa Ana winds
Fires
Droughts
Blackouts

The black-outs are new; the rest were happening in California for centuries or millennia before the Spanish arrived in the 16th Century AD. It was because of all those Miwok driving SUVs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 09:12:15 AM »
My favorite line, besides "I've been a *******ed fool" was
Hearing this from a science based professional person of some authority really hit hard.
  Self-important windbag. 

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 09:39:06 AM »
So "climate change" is now responsible for at least 6 antifa arsonists now in custody for setting fires in Oregon?

There is also information out by law enforcement that antifa in California and Washington have also been arrested for some of the fires now burning out of control.

Antifa Radical Arrested for Arson in Wa State — Was Caught on Highway Live-Streaming on Facebook Before Arrest
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 09:52:01 AM »
...That billions of earth's inhabitants cannot continue to drive large, luxurious, individually powered vehicles without laying waste to the planet."...Her last statement, muttered to herself as I wheeled her out to her car through all the smoky haze was:
If you convinced her that billions of people driving large luxury vehicles is what's causing this, then she is a fool.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 09:59:24 AM »
One of the fires in SoCal - east of the Land of LA - was caused by the pyrotechnics used in a gender-reveal party (I know, that sounds like something from The Onion, but it is true). Another in the LA area was caused by a homeless guy camping by a creek whose campfire got out of control.

Warmistas do talk about those sorts of human causation.

FWIW, I live in Silicon Valley, and out skies have been overcast the past 3 days, the full days, due to smoke from fires to the north of us in NorCal and Oregon. So I'm well aware of the weather phenomenon to which Star Moron lambchopp59 referred. It is unusual in degree, somewhat, but not unique.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 11:55:54 AM »
these morons who claim we are science deniers wouldn't know science if it bit them on the ass.

I live on the coast and even in August and September our temperatures are very pleasant in the mid 70's due to the persistent onshore flow from the ocean.  This past weekend we had a high pressure system park itself over the entire state which basically halted any airflow and we had temperatures exceeding 95 on the coast with it reaching 115 inland.  Sunday afternoon the high pressure system broke up and the regular coastal flow resumed which lowered the temperatures back to the low 70s and monday morning we woke up to the area completely socked in with fog. 

This is a phenomenon called weather, not climate change but it doesn't fit the narrative of the left to admit that the weather is sometimes unpredictable and changes.

I remember when the left first started preaching their bullshit about global warming, they said something like the earth's climate would increase 1/10 of a degree every 100 years thereby causing the overall earth's climate to increase 1 degree in 1000 years, or in other words a gradual temperature rise. 

Then they had to reply to the fact that we were having colder than normal winters and changed the term from global warming to climate change so they could claim we were destroying the planet regardless of whether the temperature went up or down.

The wild temperature fluctuations I described  this past weekend due to the high pressure system that went thru the area kinda blows their gradual 1/10 of a degree over 100 years out of the water. 

Now, anytime it gets hot or it gets cold (which is what weather does now and has done since creation) the "science believing" left immediately screams climate change and demand we vote in politicians who will force us to make changes to appease their made up boogy man.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »

*Dust in the Wind by Kansas fades up as the old woman gazes despondent, off into the distance.*

🎶 I close my eyes for a moment and the moment's gone. All my dreams pass before me, a curiosity. 🎶

That's the making of an NBC special movie event, if ever I heard one.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 05:48:11 PM »
the fires near I-5 are usually caused by arsonists, the ones further away by lightening. Poor forestry management, the area is covered with trees. Sky is now pale orange seventy miles north of Portland.

My favorite line, besides "I've been a *******ed fool" was   Self-important windbag.

he is just a RT, San Francisco gay: https://www.quora.com/profile/Johnathan-Waters

so he was trolling some old lady there for an xray.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 09:39:17 AM »
the fires near I-5 are usually caused by arsonists, the ones further away by lightening. Poor forestry management, the area is covered with trees. Sky is now pale orange seventy miles north of Portland.

he is just a RT, San Francisco gay: https://www.quora.com/profile/Johnathan-Waters

so he was trolling some old lady there for an xray.

The Phoenix, OR (just south of Medford, a very small town) fire was arson. An apparent firebug was caught on/near the scene in Salinas (US 101), not a major fire. The Dolan Fire on the coast (SR1) near Big Sur was arson, possibly connected in some way to an illegal :stoner: plantation. 5 or the 6 largest fires on CAL FIRE's webpage, https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents , were started by a mid-August thunderstorm.

Star Member lambchopp59's employer started out in the Sacramento area (think Fort Sutter, which was in Sacto) and has been expanding. IIRC, it's now headquartered in Fairfield, midway between Sacto and the Bay Area.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 10:50:29 AM »
california's idiot son blames the fires on climate change

Newsom: Climate Change Responsible for California Wildfires

As the Bay Area and other parts of California deal with the devastating effects of raging wildfires, Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday attacked the idea that the fires are natural in any way. He said the cause is climate change and said anyone who thinks differently is in denial.

"The debate is over around climate change," Newsom said as he toured a burn area in Northern California. "Just come to the state of California. Observe it with your own eyes. It’s not an intellectual debate. It’s not even debatable any longer."

He also said he's "exhausted that we have to continue to bait this issue."

"This is a climate damn emergency," he said. "This is real."
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/ewsom-climate-change-responsible-for-california-wildfires/2361893/

I guess anti**** arsonists and idiots doing gender reveals with illegal fireworks in a dry field are a direct result of glowbull warming climate change.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 07:29:41 PM »
The reaction was jaw dropping. Hearing this from a science based professional person of some authority really hit hard.

Science based, uh? How many genders exist?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 01:19:16 AM »
Science based, uh? How many genders exist?

DUmmie answer:  "All of them."