Author Topic: The polls are tightening  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The polls are tightening
« on: August 31, 2020, 01:12:38 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100214001370

Proud liberal 80 (1,936 posts)

The polls are tightening

Because the media says so even though there haven’t really been polls released sense the conventions

brooklynite (63,223 posts)

1. Yawn..

I find the "the media WANTS a horserace" argument tiring.

beachbumbob (5,692 posts)

2. Media has a vested interest in making this election to appear close.

I don't pay attention to the media.

ananda (21,224 posts)

12. Exactly. This election is not close.

Biden is way ahead.

And that's not going to change with
Trump being, well you know, Trump...

Thekaspervote (11,780 posts)

5. Can we stop now?! This is the 3rd or 4th post race is tightening with no signs of such

Demsrule86 (46,311 posts)

9. I see no such evidence either.

jorgevlorgan (987 posts)

14. Biden fluctuates between a 8 and 9.5 lead in the last month or so

And Bidens approval went up while trump's went down. And Biden maintains above 50% as NC States mailing their ballots in a few days. Don't get me wrong though, we should all be behaving like he is down in the polls and losing, and doing everything we can to make sure biden wins, because of what is at stake.

They want to claim there have been no polls since (sense) the conventions ... I've seen several and one was very notable in the fact it talked about how much of the black vote is swinging to Trump.

They say there is NO EVIDENCE!!  Well, how about this one; Joe Biden has come out of his basement ... Last I heard he was refusing to come out until at least after Labor Day because you know ... SCIENCE!!  Now, he's out of the basement, I wonder what the motivation behind denying (or going against) the SCIENCE, is??

:lmao:

The DUmmies are terrified, but none will admit it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: The polls are tightening
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:31:16 PM »
Amusing. Both sports guy Clay Travis and Rush Limbaugh mentioned today that the betting markets are almost dead even.  Looked myself, and it is true.

The three gambling sites I checked have -115 for Creepy Joe, -110 for President Trump.  In other words, one would have to bet $110 to win $100 on Trump.

Betting markets don't have any partisan lean.  They're all about making money.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 03:49:43 PM »
Some polls are strangely not available at the moment.

Hmmm...

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 03:59:38 PM »
Some polls are strangely not available at the moment.

Hmmm...

Could things like this be why? https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/dozen-people-show-outside-bidens-big-speech-pittsburgh-video/

Apparently SloJo can't draw flies.  Better get the half honky on the dais, at least he could do that. :naughty:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
Well the media *has* to try to have some semblance of objectivity.

Since the 1980 election, when I first stared  paying attention, the *generic dem* is always 15 + points ahead and then it *always* tightens and then when the GOP candidate wins it is *always* a surprise.

When Reagan won in a landslide in 84 the media was crying and portraying it has an invalid election even though they were the laughing stock of the nation for getting it wrong.

Nothing has changed except the platform.  The *media* is nothing more than a worthless collection of idiots.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 07:32:03 PM »
Well the media *has* to try to have some semblance of objectivity.

Since the 1980 election, when I first stared  paying attention, the *generic dem* is always 15 + points ahead and then it *always* tightens and then when the GOP candidate wins it is *always* a surprise.

When Reagan won in a landslide in 84 the media was crying and portraying it has an invalid election even though they were the laughing stock of the nation for getting it wrong.

Nothing has changed except the platform.  The *media* is nothing more than a worthless collection of idiots.

2016 was the first Presidential election in which the MSM didn't do their poll phony early and then get more realistic late shtick. In 2016 they kept polling phony because they hate Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 07:54:20 PM »
2016 was the first Presidential election in which the MSM didn't do their poll phony early and then get more realistic late shtick. In 2016 they kept polling phony because they hate Trump.

LA Times did. And they were beat upside the head cause of it. Think there was another one but can't recall.  :shrug:

The MSM supported Trump early cause they wanted Trump to be the GOP candidate so Hillary would have an advantage. Well Trump used their ass like a cheap whore out by the dumpster to win the nomination and once he won,  the MSM thought "we got this this".

Well Trump took them on and beat their ass like Reagan did.

Different methods, same result.  The MSM back in the 80's tried the same thing on Reagan and failed miserably.

Now?  Who knows.  I can say that if Trump wins in a state biden needs then there will be *voter fraud* and recounts, et al.

That's a given unless it is a landslide.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 08:12:54 PM »
ananda (21,224 posts)

12. Exactly. This election is not close.

Biden is way ahead.

And that's not going to change with
Trump being, well you know, Trump...

Well bless your heart Dumbass. If this was as you think it is then there would be many polls published stating so. Since the normal pollsters are remaining silent about this Slow Joe and Horrible Harris are in trouble.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 09:53:40 PM »
The fact you're not hearing about Trump getting his ass beat in the polls, or much of anything concrete about polls, tells you there's no joy in that info for Biden, so it is therefore 'Not newsworthy.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »
Well bless your heart Dumbass. If this was as you think it is then there would be many polls published stating so. Since the normal pollsters are remaining silent about this Slow Joe and Horrible Harris are in trouble.

They're so cute when they think they're winning.

One more participation trophy for Uncle Joe, just like another three time loser like Hillary.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 12:40:54 PM »
I didn't see a single post at DU about Joe stumbling around talking about the Coronavirus.  Not so much as a blip.  I promise you though, when he did that, they held their collective breath and HOPED no one but them saw it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »
LA Times did. And they were beat upside the head cause of it. Think there was another one but can't recall.  :shrug:

The MSM supported Trump early cause they wanted Trump to be the GOP candidate so Hillary would have an advantage. Well Trump used their ass like a cheap whore out by the dumpster to win the nomination and once he won,  the MSM thought "we got this this".

Well Trump took them on and beat their ass like Reagan did.

Different methods, same result.  The MSM back in the 80's tried the same thing on Reagan and failed miserably.

Now?  Who knows.  I can say that if Trump wins in a state biden needs then there will be *voter fraud* and recounts, et al.

That's a given unless it is a landslide.   :cheersmate:

Have posted this sentiment before about polling, but I'll try to sum it up.

Most polls survey "registered voters", NOT " likely voters".  Libs rely on the registered voters crap, because it skews towards the Democrats. But many other than die hards don't actually vote.

Always pay close attention to "likely voter" polls.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 04:21:43 PM »
This is a replay--although not an exact one--of the elections of 1948, when the pollsters quit polling in late September because Thomas Dewey was going to win anyway.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 04:30:03 PM »
This is a replay--although not an exact one--of the elections of 1948, when the pollsters quit polling in late September because Thomas Dewey was going to win anyway.

But I read in the newspaper that Dewey did win???  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 05:07:48 PM »
I didn't see a single post at DU about Joe stumbling around talking about the Coronavirus.  Not so much as a blip.  I promise you though, when he did that, they held their collective breath and HOPED no one but them saw it.

KC
Unfortunately for them, the internet sees everything, and forgets nothing.

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 08:31:10 PM »
With this mail in voting crap I feel Trump will lose because of all the ballot harvesting that will happen.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 04:18:43 PM »
With this mail in voting crap I feel Trump will lose because of all the ballot harvesting that will happen.

That is mostly only legal in states Democrats will already win. Same for mail-in voting.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 09:52:59 PM »

The classic examples of why you should never trust polls. In 1988, Michael Dukakis had a 17 percent lead over George H W Bush.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du