Author Topic: Anatomy of a Fitzmas: Impeachment dreams dashed to bits within 12 hours  (Read 3174 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211689971

Fri Jan 18, 2019, 01:06 PM
Jeffersons Ghost (14,168 posts)

NBC Breaking News: "IMPEACHMENT SEEMS MUCH MORE LIKELY"
Impeachment seems much more likely after Thursday's bombshell report

Jan. 18, 2019, 6:57 AM MST
By Chuck Todd, Mark Murray and Carrie Dann

WASHINGTON — The two most important words in American politics today are these two: “if true.”

“President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter,” Buzzfeed News reported last night.

Importantly, the article adds, “The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.”

Well, in 1974, the first article of impeachment against Richard Nixon was obstruction of justice for – among other things – “approving, condoning, acquiescing in, and counselling witnesses with respect to the giving of false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/impeachment-seems-much-more-likely-after-thursday-s-bombshell-report-n960186

Then this veteran weirdo has his leg-tingle in overdrive...

Response to FakeNoose (Reply #3)Fri Jan 18, 2019, 05:54 PM
Star Member calimary (51,198 posts)

37. LOVE this!

I’ve never had much sympathy for wounds that are self-inflicted. PARTICULARLY in cases where there were red flags EVERYWHERE. Warnings EVERYWHERE. Strong credible hints and direct evidence EVERYWHERE.

And most of ‘em simply did not care. From so much of what I’ve read, the prevailing attitude was - damn the torpedoes. I heard and read WAY too many quotes along the lines of “I just wanna blow it all up!” and/or “I just wanna burn it all down!” Even in the midst of all the warnings and all the lies and all the red flags.

And what these short-sighted get-yer-mad-on voters never bothered to consider was:
1) a LOT of innocent Americans are gonna get hurt. In many cases, gonna get hurt A TON. We’re seeing multiple rather agonizing real-life stories, on the air and in print and online about this, almost literally by the minute! And right NOW, too.
And
2) has it ever occurred to you that YOU are gonna be stuck having to live IN the wreckage and chaos of whatever you blew up or burned down? This won’t just happen to some nameless, faceless Somebody-Else over there somewhere, but magically sparing you.

Response to Jeffersons Ghost (Original post)Fri Jan 18, 2019, 02:36 PM
Star Member PatrickforO (7,394 posts)

9. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what did that new Congressperson say?
That's right - "Impeach the mother****er!"

Response to Jeffersons Ghost (Original post)Fri Jan 18, 2019, 02:39 PM
Star Member lpbk2713 (35,158 posts)

10. I've been waiting two years to hear this.
Trump is the worst disaster to ever hit the USA.
We've lost so many friends in the global community because of this asshole.

teehee....
Response to Jeffersons Ghost (Original post)Fri Jan 18, 2019, 02:53 PM
gratuitous (63,700 posts)

15. It's easy to be impatient
But this is the necessary groundwork that must be done in advance of impeachment. While those of us tuned into politics have gotten good and sick of this bandit regime, a very large swath of the populace barely has an idea that something is rotten in Denmark. We need to publicize, educate, and advocate, and reach as broad an audience as we can. There is a dedicated, hard-core group that will support McDonald right or wrong or catastrophically wrong, and they have a reliable and vocal mouthpiece in the Fox cluster of stations and cable channels.
We've got to amplify and repeat stories like this, and make sure they penetrate the public consciousness. Impeachment is possible, but a lot more people have to get on board with the concept. We're a lot closer now than we were even a month ago, and Democrats have held the House for a mere two weeks. Keep the momentum going.

A DUmpass.. PRAYING? He better watch himself, he'll get the boot
Response to Jeffersons Ghost (Original post)Fri Jan 18, 2019, 03:33 PM
Star Member LovingA2andMI (4,638 posts)

20. Lord -- Let This Be True....

Response to Jeffersons Ghost (Original post)Fri Jan 18, 2019, 04:06 PM
Star Member malaise (184,020 posts)

25. ITTMF!!
That is all

Response to malaise (Reply #25)Fri Jan 18, 2019, 06:33 PM
Star Member malaise (184,020 posts)
41. Impeach the Treasonous MoFo!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Anatomy of a Fitzmas: Impeachment dreams dashed to bits within 12 hours
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 11:48:24 PM »
The primitives have got to learn that they're always going to be losers as long as they wish bad things would happen to other certain people.

Hate destroys from within a person; Love emanates warmth and light outside of a person.

It would be good for the primitives to learn to Love Donald Trump.

Good especially for themselves, make them better people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 11:58:40 PM »
So.....I go to google and ask, "why should one hate Donald Trump?" and get 97,000,000 results.

Then I ask, "why should one love Donald Trump?" and get 273,000,000 results.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 06:21:33 AM »
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the reactions from the various retards to Mueller's repudiation of the Buzzfeed hit piece.  :yahoo:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 07:03:37 AM »
Response to Jeffersons Ghost (Original post)

Sat Jan 19, 2019, 07:42 AM

madville (4,026 posts)
49. Well that didn't go as planned

Now they can all scream fake news a little louder

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 07:18:13 AM »
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the reactions from the various retards to Mueller's repudiation of the Buzzfeed hit piece.  :yahoo:

If it seems too good to be true....   :(   Sorry, DUmmy guys and gals, but THERE WAS NO COLLUSION!!!  EXCEPT BY...

"When the 'truth' is found
To be LIES..."

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:22:16 AM by Ausonius »
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 08:09:04 AM »
Another gas bag theory goes up in flames.  Oh, the hugh manatee. 

Muellermas has not been canceled.    :whistling:  It's just  a little dirty.  (And so is Mueller which is why DUmmies are so delusional by putting their faith in a crooked cop, think Mueller waking up in bed with the severed head of Comey or McCabe laying beside him.) 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 09:38:31 AM »
"When the 'truth' is found
To be LIES..."

And all the joy within you ... dies

The two great things about the DUfae are:

1. Some of them cannot resist peeking in on what Cave and CU folks say about them;

2. We can give them the best advice in the world, and they will ignore it because of the source. :evil:

So, in that spirit ...

Q: How can you tell a MSM journalist is lying?

A: (S)He is talking about President Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 09:47:41 AM »
And all the joy within you ... dies

The two great things about the DUfae are:

1. Some of them cannot resist peeking in on what Cave and CU folks say about them;

2. We can give them the best advice in the world, and they will ignore it because of the source. :evil:

So, in that spirit ...

Q: How can you tell a MSM journalist is lying?

A: (S)He is talking about President Trump.

AMEN!!! 

Perhaps one of the visitors will have a "Road to Damascus" moment and ponder and investigate our counter-claims and comments.  The change might make them less hateful and neurotic!

Leftists have never been known for great senses of humor: how funny really is Colbert?  How funny is Maher?
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »
Some more responses

Star Member DownriverDem (1,990 posts)
19. Don't need repubs

Impeachment is done in the House. Speaker Pelosi has enough votes to impeach trump. Then it goes to the Senate where they vote to try trump. The Senate is run by repubs and it would take more trump crimes for them to vote to try trump and find him guilty. Just like with Bill Clinton, trump would go down in history as being impeached.

Dummies having impeachment dreams

mjvpi (203 posts)
27. Yes, as to the mechanism. For the good of the country, it needs to be a Republican move.

Getting rid of Trump has the potential to bring this country together. Your point is taken. I was thinking of how the process will play out.

How the process will play out is you dummies will be left holding a bag of doo-doo.  Even Pelosi knows it is not gonna happen.

OliverQ (1,585 posts)
34. You need Repubs to remove him from office.

Impeachment won't do much good if Republicans ignore all his crimes and keep him in power. Bill Clinton's approval went up after being impeached since he wasn't convicted.

The evil GOP will thwart us once again!!!!  Waaaaaaa!!!!

LakeSuperiorView (1,204 posts)
38. Correct. Impeachment is not the process of removing a President from office.

It is the process of bringing charges against the President. In a criminal court, it would be bringing an indictment. It requires only a simple majority of those present and voting in the House to Impeach the President.

Once that is done the Senate must try the charges and a conviction requires a super-majority. Removal from office is but one of the options available to the Senate. Impeachment does not rest on what the Senate finds.

Personally, I would not be satisfied with mere Impeachment - I want removal from office followed by prison time and asset forfeiture. I want him to own nothing more than a one bedroom residence (which he will never see). I want him to die in Prison and be buried in a public urinal. I would also like the beer concession next to said urinal, but that would be frosting.

I would provide craft beers at modest rates and cheap beer just above cost. Just enough overhead for living wages for me and my employees.

Muellermas hits this dummie hard in 24 business hours, I predict.

Crutchez_CuiBono (7,305 posts)
28. I'm tired of the gop acting like they have the market cornered on anger and street skills should it come to some '68 style crapola in the streets. They will be so surprised. And, if they do go American Nai...might just as well really clean them out, and save the world and our Country for our kids, and their kids.
STAMP OUT THE GOP.

Dummie gonna go ninja on us.  I B skeered!!!   :lmao:

uponit7771 (51,305 posts)
11. BuzzFeed better make sure they have their s*** together, this is no small issue
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 03:12:16 PM »
Take heart DUchebags, Mewler's investigation runs on business hours. You still have 16 business hours left.  It is totally impeachment time come Monday morning!!!

Oh and exactly how does Trump's ass taste?  Can you do some stupid cooking thread like "Trump's ass tastes pretty good with a red wine."
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 07:12:30 PM »
Oh and exactly how does Trump's ass taste?  Can you do some stupid cooking thread like "Trump's ass tastes pretty good with a red wine."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dayum Jukin!!! You made me spit my adult beverage all over my laptop!!!! 

H5!!!!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
Impeach him now and figure out why later, liberal logic :thatsright: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
A DUmpass.. PRAYING? He better watch himself, he'll get the boot
I would be more worried about spontaneous combustion.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 08:44:28 AM »
The DUmmies once again put faith into a Jason Leopold "secret sources" story.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 08:28:41 PM »
Impeach him now and figure out why later, liberal logic :thatsright: :mental:

Cut them a break, Grumpy... its not easy to be insane.  :cheersmate:

The DUmmies once again put faith into a Jason Leopold "secret sources" story.

And once again the result is the same.   :lmao:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 02:25:48 PM »
Whomp! Whomp!!!

MUELLER REPORT DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS BOMBSHELL BUZZFEED STORY

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the Russia investigation directly contradicts an explosive BuzzFeed story that claimed Mueller had evidence President Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen, his former attorney, to lie to Congress about a potential Moscow real estate deal.

The Jan. 18 BuzzFeed story claimed that Cohen “told the special counsel that after the election, the president personally instructed him to lie — by claiming that negotiations ended months earlier than they actually did — in order to obscure Trump’s involvement.”

The story claimed that Mueller’s office “learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.”

The annoymorous sources lied. Unsurprisingly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 02:53:42 PM »
Whomp! Whomp!!!

The annoymorous sources lied. Unsurprisingly.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/18/mueller-report-contradicts-buzzfeed/

Fixed the link above.

Offline I_B_Perky

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 08:04:18 PM »
Another meltdown.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 08:07:30 PM »
Another meltdown.

:popcorn:  :lmao: The next few days on DU are going to be amazing. :lmao: DU-folk recreational chemical use might top the week of November 8, 2016. :lmao:  :popcorn:

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 08:13:38 PM »
:popcorn:  :lmao: The next few days on DU are going to be amazing. :lmao: DU-folk recreational chemical use might top the week of November 8, 2016. :lmao:  :popcorn:
What's the over/under on Overdoses?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2019, 06:26:23 AM »

If there was ever any doubt about Russian Communist influence in the American government, watch how the DEMS and MAObama operatives (i.e. Comey, Clapper, Brennan, et alii) continue to use Stalin’s technique of repeating The Big Lie in the expectation that people will “swallow it,” as Stalin said of the British and American Left 75 years ago.

Tucker Carlson’s excellent comments are a refreshing contrast to The Big Lie, plus he points out how President Trump’s first 2 years have been stunted by this evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEw0b9lCmY

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 08:55:38 AM »
4-20 this weekend, they were already planning on recreating. :stoner:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke