Author Topic: Well shit, did it again. (Glamrock)  (Read 930 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Well shit, did it again. (Glamrock)
« on: January 19, 2019, 08:14:33 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211692160

Glamrock
Well shit, did it again.

Going through airport security in Orlando. Thought I was going to gate 178 (no such gate). Yes, apparently I'm a dumbass. In my own defense, the lady who helped me check in told me I didn't need to print ticket since it was on my phone. And I didn't have time to stop and figure it out. Anyhoo, got through security and had to ask security where's 178?

S: There is no 178.

G.: Okay, cool. (Reaching for phone)

S: What airline?

G: Southwest to Chicago.

S: Probably want gate 128.

G: Yep, see it here now. (Again, in my own defense, I just killed a third of a fifth of 93 proof rum. Didn't wanna throw away. I don't believe in abusing alcohol.)

He keeps looking at my book. FEAR by Bob Woodward.

S: Ya know, shouldn't be reading that. Fake news.

Fer ****sakes. Really man, really? Grrrr. Blood pressure up. Time to play white, middle aged conservative.

G: Yeah, just trying to keep up with the damned liberal media and the dems. Can't counterbalance if you don't know what they're saying.

S: Good on you (breaking into grin)

G: Right? I mean really. Goverent employees ate paid extremely well.

S: Well, I don't know about

G: They can certainly go without pay for weeks at a time. I mean, they'll get paid eventually. It might be two months, he'll might be two years if the President gets his way. But it's worth it right?

S: Well, I don't know about two years....

G: Hey. You'll get through it. What's most important is we get the wall. Amiright!

S: Well, yeah kinda...

G: It's about the symbolism. Amiright. I mean, we know the wall will stop a few. But it's about telling people they aren't welcome here!

S: Damn right!

G: And if some high and mighty "government employees" have to go into bankruptcy or lose their homes so that we can send a message, it's all worth it, right?

S:Well.... I don't.... I mean...

G: **** em! Like Ann Coulter and Rush say, they're parasites!

That sucked, cause I got a look from the other Security people. And they didn't understand what I was doing.

S: Wait a minute. I'm a goverent employee!

G: Yeah, but you're one of the good ones. You're willing to work for free to ensure Trumps message. That's a huge difference. You are willing to lose your house for the wall. I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does? You'll be okay. You just start over.

S: Well, I'm 57 and....

Stuck out hand for handshake.

G: Thank you for risking your whole life and everything you've built for the wall. The message being sent is the most important thing.

S:Be safe..

Oh no!!  How will the Republican Party ever survive with Democrat troops like this out there. Glamrock is rapidly becoming one of my favorite reads. He sure puts that psychology degree to good use. And the recall this guy has is absolutely phenomenal.

Way more at the link, but I’m on my phone.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Well shit, did it again. (Glamrock)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:42:19 AM »
I'm sure they were all totally oblivious to the fact the DUmmie had just put away enough alcohol to knock most people into technicolor yawn territory.

::)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:28:04 AM »
I'm sure they were all totally oblivious to the fact the DUmmie had just put away enough alcohol to knock most people into technicolor yawn territory.

::)

A few of them are calling him out. He’s not picking up on sarcasm either.

VOX
9. It's because your post are so damned good, righteous, and filled with extensive detail.
I think what may cause doubts in some is, ironically, your distinct gifts of highly detailed recall (that few possess) and the ability to apply (and again, recall 100%) the pitch-perfect verbal zinger at exactly the key moment, when most of us are trying to just get through whatever entanglement is at hand.

You retain every aside, utterance, muttering, exchange and minuscule nuance in these high-pressure, bustling environments. And you are never at a loss for words when it comes to the perfect rejoinder.

If you’re not a writer, you’re missing your calling.

Glamrock
26. Aww man
Last edited Sat Jan 19, 2019, 03:24 AM -
Edit history (1)

I'm. Flattered. But if you are around blue collar fox news viewer /Limbaugh dittoheads, it aint all that hard. If they fall for Trumps bs, they'll easily fall for mine. I mean cmon. It's not that far a stretch.

I’m thinking our old pal Glamrock must have skipped psychology class the day they covered sarcasm and its subtleties.

:rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:39:02 AM »
Has anyone ever seen a TSA officer engage in a private conversation while on duty?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 09:49:33 AM »
The two true statements in that buffet-line post:

Thought I was going to gate 178 (no such gate).

I just killed a third of a fifth of 93 proof rum.

The rest of the :bouncy: is probably rum-soaked fantasy (just like Woodward's book, probably).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:15:38 AM »
He admits he's a dumbass.

Then goes on to prove it.

What more do we need to know?

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 10:17:44 AM »
dchill (18,489 posts)

4. You are a deviant master!

Think dchill knows what he posted??

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
Think dchill knows what he posted??

Given DUpipo's demonstrated language skills, that all nut unknowable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »
Time to play white, middle aged conservative.

A primitive who gives himself the name Glamrock could not pull off a credible portrayal of a white middle aged conservative.

I give this pouf's bouncy zero bongs.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden