Author Topic: So-much was made that there were too many white people on the jury-  (Read 543 times)

Online CC27

demtenjeep (30,991 posts)

So-much was made that there were too many white people on the jury-

I have served on jury twice. I am a white middle aged woman. I never used my color when deciding on a verdict.

MANY people can honestly serve on a jury without thinking about their color

Today proved that

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216084219

Careful Pam....

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: So-much was made that there were too many white people on the jury-
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 01:13:34 PM »
And you won’t find White Lives Matter or anti-antifa (antifa being a bunch of fascists) out rioting, burning, and looting over the verdict.

BTW primitives, had the one murdered been white, you would have had the same outcome. You see, unlike you libs, we believe in hearing the evidence, and we don’t jump to conclusions. I know that’s completely foreign to any of you Dems/libs/progs, but that’s actually how it’s supposed to work.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 01:17:19 PM »
And you won’t find White Lives Matter or anti-antifa (antifa being a bunch of fascists) out rioting, burning, and looting over the verdict.

BTW primitives, had the one murdered been white, you would have had the same outcome. You see, unlike you libs, we believe in hearing the evidence, and we don’t jump to conclusions. I know that’s completely foreign to any of you Dems/libs/progs, but that’s actually how it’s supposed to work.

Had the murdered one been white, this would be relegated to a local news story. None of us would have heard about it.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 02:44:41 PM »
And it happened in supposedly racists/KKK-infected Georgia? Who'd athunk it ... well OK, I thunk it possible, even likely, based on what I "knew" of the incident.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 03:09:55 PM »
What little I knew about this one and saw on the news, guilty was what I expected.

I usually wait to offer much of an opinion since the jury gets to see more and they are the only ones who really matter.

Wonder if the Black Panthers will be stupid enough to claim their presence is what influenced the verdict?  Not the smartest group around.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 03:11:52 PM »
And it happened in supposedly racists/KKK-infected Georgia? Who'd athunk it ... well OK, I thunk it possible, even likely, based on what I "knew" of the incident.

The verdict was basically what I expected. Maybe I’m viewing things with rose-colored glasses, but things in Georgia were pretty good up until the magic muslim took office. Don’t get me wrong, just like anywhere else, there were a few racists on both sides, but most of us (white and black) realized we’re all in this together and tried to get along. When the magic one took office the race-baiters on both sides saw dollar signs and pumped up their activities. I see more division and problems now than I did 40+ years ago. Some will probably consider me naive, but I really believe that the “color divide” would almost disappear IF there was a way to de-monetize racism.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 04:07:15 PM »
How was this verdict possible? I thought white guys always got away with killing blacks?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 04:19:26 PM »
demtenjeep (30,991 posts)

So-much was made that there were too many white people on the jury-

I have served on jury twice. I am a white middle aged woman. I never used my color when deciding on a verdict.

MANY people can honestly serve on a jury without thinking about their color

and your point is?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 04:22:18 PM »
How was this verdict possible? I thought white guys always got away with killing blacks?

They think we are all over here crying our beer because those crackers got found guilty. To me, the courts are 3-0 this week.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »
I heard some bitch on the radio saying that they were surprised the 11 white jurors agreed with the black juror. It's hateful divisiveness that keeps this shit going.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 05:57:59 PM »
I heard some bitch on the radio saying that they were surprised the 11 white jurors agreed with the black juror. It's hateful divisiveness that keeps this shit going.
surprised (and probably disappointed) that we are not as racist as she peddles us to be on her show...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 08:40:21 PM »
To DUmmies, this verdict will be a damned if you do and damned if you don’t, Tire finding for conservatives.

They got the result they (we all) wanted (thought was coming), but it won’t be enough.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen