Author Topic: What can our great Democratic Party do to stop trump?  (Read 62849 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
What can our great Democratic Party do to stop trump?
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:48:18 PM »
Star Member Laura PourMeADrink (28,207 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212412885

Just wait for the election?
An election that will likely be influenced/rigged by sinister right ptb and a foreign power?

I know we only have a slice of power. But, trump et al has figured that out. Out of someone's strategy, or by sheer trump laziness (too much work to change actual laws)? He/They are changing our norms, our culture, our traditions, our values OUTSIDE the normal method of legislative change. They employ (once sound and meaningful) regulation reversals, executive orders, phony emergencies, even tweets to change our world.

:o  I'm not even sure that was in english...

Star Member Kablooie (15,186 posts)

1. Looks like that's about it. We'll have to enter the election with fingers crossed. It's pretty scary.
With so many forces working to corrupt the election in Trump's favor, both inside and outside the US, it's going to be a real crap shoot.

So, DU and the Democrats are beginning to realize they are gonna lose big and are coming up with justifications for it...

Not sure to laugh or cry.

Star Member uponit7771 (57,767 posts)

2. No, pull his approval into the 20s and if he wins because he cheated don't certify his election.

... make sure to hit the streets letting each one of the dem congress persons know they should not certify Trumps cheating.

Trumps approval numbers for today are :

41% from Gallop for August 1-14
47% from Harris and Rasmussen for August 24-27

13. So is there off-the-shelf anti-tampering software?

My take is that if we had funding it would still take a very long time to create requirements, select a vendor, customize, test and install. And each state would have different requirements.

I don't know if any of the critical states have started anything like this. But, the FBI? would know if a system is hacked since there were stories about attempts in 2016. Might not be happening live ?

Star Member uponit7771 (57,767 posts)

20. +1, Yes !! This type of project should have started last year to secure ...

... I can see them keeping systems open to bait an attack but what are they going to do if Russia is caught and we have to go to paper?

Nothing if Red Don is elected, he'd give them a medal.

Dems should have a day one plan for securing our electoral systems no doubt

22. How do you know they manipulated the vote until

It happens. Or on test determine it's likely so min one use paper? Are you saying if you detect a hack early in day immediately switch to paper? What a mess that would be huh. I read once that it's the laptops used to accumulate totals that are hacked. Maybe they should use off line laptops and fax totals on paper?

Yikes. Btw think TRussia will hack Minnesota cuz Dipshit keeps bragging about how he will flip it. And he can never keep a secret.

Star Member democratisphere (15,108 posts)

3. The impeachment inquiries will continue through the 2020 elections. I honestly don't believe drumpf will be in the 2020 election race.

Proud Liberal Dem (18,540 posts)

12. Not much we can do AFAIK

We can hold hearings, we can vote to impeach him, we can file lawsuits to challenge his policies and actions but, at this point, it seems like Trump is going to run out the clock on his first (and hopefully only term) and harm mitigation/reduction is probably the best we can hope for.

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (21,977 posts)

26. I believe the KGB (called something else now) and the rump WH and the Barr Justice dpt

are working together to make sure our grid goes down on election day.

Others like McConnell are involved, not sure if they can do this remotely or not.

But be certain they are working on it.

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: What can our great Democratic Party do to stop trump?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 08:26:43 AM »
Elections have consequences. And as you are learning, so does being tantrumming assholes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »

26. I believe the KGB (called something else now) and the rump WH and the Barr Justice dpt

Others like McConnell are involved, not sure if they can do this remotely or not.

By "grid goes down" he is talking about DU being offline again on election night. The is because $kinner can handle only so many calls from the Secret Service at one time, the DUmmie does not realize it though.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 10:52:45 AM »

A couple of replies to this so far. None calling out the obvious :mental: ery. :rotf: As soon as Skinner brings DU back after he temporarily shuts it down on Election Day someone should ask DU-moron and Star Member Eliot Rosewater why his prediction was wrong.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »
Ralphie says keep on doing what you're doing, Democrat party.  Investigating nothing over and over all out of spite and butt hurt dating from the 2016 election.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 07:54:20 PM »

Stop acting like insane,single celled organisms?

Never mind

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »
I'm still trying to stop laughing at the words "great Democratic Party".

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 07:42:37 AM »
I'm still trying to stop laughing at the words "great Democratic Party".

ME, TOO!!!   :lol: :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 03:10:46 PM »
Hold a giant rally and set yourselves on fire. Then have a giant pity party to register new voters.

And don't forget to give out lots and lots of free shit. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 04:36:59 PM »
Hold a giant rally and set yourselves on fire. Then have a giant pity party to register new voters.

And don't forget to give out lots and lots of free shit mini-tacos.
    FIFY  :p
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »
    FIFY  :p

Ahhh, I'll never tire of hearing about mini tacos.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »
If the Dem party ever decided to put American citizens over illegal aliens then they might be able to get a few more votes.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »
Stop acting like insane,single celled organisms?

Never mind

Trying to reason with them is an exercise in futility. :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »
In answer to the DU OP "question", nothing. Because the Dems cannot bring themselves to stop doubling down on their stupid.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 02:57:56 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me that these people are running around loose. :mental: :mental: :mental: :thatsright:

If they ever decide to open up the insane asylums the first stop will be the dump. :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!