Author Topic: Building model cars  (Read 13349 times)

Online Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Building model cars
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:12:17 AM »
I had a TIA back in '08 and wanted something to do for therapy for my left arm/hand. I figured working with very small items combined with something I loved to do would do the trick. Surprisingly, my left hand was steadier than my right.

So, I built/painted these

Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Building model cars
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 02:09:21 PM »
Very nice!

Every time I consider buying a model car to put together, I remember that I have three full-sized ones in the driveway that still need work. :rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Online Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
Very nice!

Every time I consider buying a model car to put together, I remember that I have three full-sized ones in the driveway that still need work. :rofl:

Thanks. I had trouble painting the first two I did. They both came out with an "orange peel" effect. Each car had 3 coats of paint and a coat of clearcoat. Then I actually used car wax on them to get the shine. I didn't use chrome paint on it, but rather a chrome paper. Took a while to learn how to do that too. Paint must be absolutely dry when you do it. I used to have a completely full tote with all my paint, scalpels,  files, small containers of paint, balsa wood and so on. My ex-girlfriend threw them all out, along with the cars. She bought herself a can of Bitch-B-Gone.

I haven't built one in several years but I'm getting the itch again. It takes me about a month to build one.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 05:36:16 AM »
Thanks. I had trouble painting the first two I did. They both came out with an "orange peel" effect. Each car had 3 coats of paint and a coat of clearcoat. Then I actually used car wax on them to get the shine. I didn't use chrome paint on it, but rather a chrome paper. Took a while to learn how to do that too. Paint must be absolutely dry when you do it. I used to have a completely full tote with all my paint, scalpels,  files, small containers of paint, balsa wood and so on. My ex-girlfriend threw them all out, along with the cars. She bought herself a can of Bitch-B-Gone.

I haven't built one in several years but I'm getting the itch again. It takes me about a month to build one.

Wonder if the ex left any fingernail polish around how it would work? I love the smell of it anyway.

Ok, I like the smell of model glue and gas too, thus probable why I don't do model cars.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »
Sorry to bump an old thread, but model cars are one of my hobbies too.

I'm currently building a 1/12 model of the Mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds. It's subscription-based. I get a couple of shipments a month, each containing some component of the model to assemble.

I also have a fairly good sized collection of 1/18 and 1/64 scale cars. I'm told one of my relatives also loved models, and I saw some of the ones he built. They were in my basement, but I don't know if I have them anymore.