Author Topic: Top DUmmies of 2014: those who came close, but no banana  (Read 19826 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Top DUmmies of 2014: those who came close, but no banana
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
Okay, there's going to be seventeen awards this year, for the Top Ten DUmmies of 2014--each of the top ten primitives, and seven special awards.

Awardments are scheduled to end the afternoon of New Year's Eve, December 31, with awardment of the top two prizes, the franksolich and the big one, the most important one, the Top DUmmie, period, of 2014.

There's eleven days until then; seventeen awards.

<<<going to be busier than Sandra Fluke hopping around in the sack.

For now, I'm going to clear out the junk; the primitives who didn't make the cut.

But I'm not going to release all Top DUmmies 11-20 in one batch.

I'm going to release them one at a time in this thread.

And to motivate this thread--it's not really an award, after all--I'm going to hold back release of the next Top DUmmie 11-20, until at least three comments hurling insight or insults (it makes no difference which one) at the preceding primitive have been posted.

I'm away part of the day today (Saturday), so please consider that; after mid-afternoon today, I should be around.

Okay.

#20 Top DUmmie of 2014: Aerows

Have at her, folks, taunting her or consoling her (it makes no difference which one) after which I'll put up #19 Top DUmmie of 2014.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Top DUmmies of 2014: those who came close, but no banana
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
Are there any nominees that didn't make it into the top 20?  I admit, I haven't been following closely this year.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.  And Frank would kill me for divulging the info.

The voting was quite interesting, though.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to nominate & vote all!  It was kinda fun to tabulate.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »
Aerows was only #20???!??!?!

I thought that this little cupcake would be more than enough to put her into the Top 5:

(Can I get a recount?)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »
Dang!  I had that DUmmie pegged as at least #3 top honors this year.  Doesn't bode well for my ballot.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »
Congratulations Aerows, you dumb bitch, for making #20!  Have a raccoon-- it's on me you!

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 01:47:42 PM »
The Dummies never fail to disappoint.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 02:26:30 PM »
Are there any nominees that didn't make it into the top 20?  I admit, I haven't been following closely this year.

There were 45 nominations for the top DUmmies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »
#19 Top DUmmie of 2014: darkangel218
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 02:41:04 PM »
#19 Top DUmmie of 2014: darkangel218

I thought this idiot would have posted higher in the results.  Apparently threatening to leave the DUmp, having nearly as many fake degrees as nads, and a republican boyfriend just isn't enough to place in the top ten. 

Better luck next year, DUmbass! 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.  And Frank would kill me for divulging the info.

The voting was quite interesting, though.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to nominate & vote all!  It was kinda fun to tabulate.

I'm thinking about maybe next year, closing nominations after the first 45, the way things worked out so excellently this year.

In previous years, there'd been 60, 70, 80 nominees, and I wonder if that vast number caused confusion in voters' minds.

So maybe it'd be better to have a "closing time" when a certain number's reached, than a calendar time.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »
I thought this idiot would have posted higher in the results.  Apparently threatening to leave the DUmp, having nearly as many fake degrees as nads, and a republican boyfriend just isn't enough to place in the top ten. 

Better luck next year, DUmbass!
The Dorkanglenumbers primitive, while putting out quality product, just wasn't productive enough. She really trailed off the righteous path during the critical pre- and post-election period. Thusly, I urge all DUmmies to step up the pitiful ranting, empty threats and general maudlining in the future if you want a tantalizing title courtesy of CC.

After all, there is the post-Holiday crying period for the DUmmies coming up a week from now.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »
The Dorkanglenumbers primitive, while putting out quality product, just wasn't productive enough. She really trailed off the righteous path during the critical pre- and post-election period. Thusly, I urge all DUmmies to step up the pitiful ranting, empty threats and general maudlining in the future if you want a tantalizing title courtesy of CC.

After all, there is the post-Holiday crying period for the DUmmies coming up a week from now.

So it's quality and quantity !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »
So it's quality and quantity !

Yes.

And one is better than the other.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »
I'm thinking about maybe next year, closing nominations after the first 45, the way things worked out so excellently this year.

In previous years, there'd been 60, 70, 80 nominees, and I wonder if that vast number caused confusion in voters' minds.

So maybe it'd be better to have a "closing time" when a certain number's reached, than a calendar time.

I can understand why having so many nominees would cause some confusion, but I think the best thing that could happen is that if the DUmmies would step up their game to make himself/herself/itself more memorable. The DUmmies must remember that when posting at DU just being standard nutty as a fruitcake isn't a guaranty for celebrity because DU is full of nuts. Just being a regular nut at DU is like being a grain of sand on a beach.

I would suggest that each DUmmie choose a particular trait, characteristic, etc and run with it. Below are some things that have worked in the past.

1-Be all knowing
2-Be a super soldier baddass
3-Be a home-made experiment engineer
4-Be a remote viewing cross-gendered animal (okay, maybe that's two characteristics)
5-Be a self-important writer who uses dots
6-Be a black guy who thinks he's suave and super smart
7-Hide a remote control
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 05:33:31 PM »
I didn't have dork or Aerows in my top ten but I am surprised that Martha (AerowsX) did so poorly. Dork, not so much, she really shined more at DI this year to me and she stopped the nursing story arc.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
Top DUmmies of 2014: those who came close, but no banana
Considering the primitives are a step below the missing link, denying them a banana is cruel and unusual punishment...I like it!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 06:47:14 PM »
#18 Top DUmmie of 2014: Omaha Steve
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »
#18 Top DUmmie of 2014: Omaha Steve
Better luck next year.

Oh, wait...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »
Better luck next year.

Oh, wait...

You know the big guy's going to go to Lourdes, and come back proclaiming it's a miracle, he's been cured; I suspect that'll be enough to bounce him right back up next year.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »
Steve just doesn't seem to have much luck when it comes to votes.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 07:13:08 PM »
You know the big guy's going to go to Lourdes, and come back proclaiming it's a miracle, he's been cured; I suspect that'll be enough to bounce him right back up next year.
Maybe he'll find some magical eddy in the Omaha sewer system that nobody knows about.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
I can understand why having so many nominees would cause some confusion, but I think the best thing that could happen is that if the DUmmies would step up their game to make himself/herself/itself more memorable. The DUmmies must remember that when posting at DU just being standard nutty as a fruitcake isn't a guaranty for celebrity because DU is full of nuts. Just being a regular nut at DU is like being a grain of sand on a beach.

You know, sir, next year I think I'll stress something about what one should do, when it comes to voting, but first I must say that this year's Top Ten is the most solid slate ever awarded, not an outlier in any of it.

It's a first-rate, top-notch, tip-top, first-class slate.

I think the best "strategy" for voting, especially if a ballot's long, is for one to first consider the primitives he remembers the most, and then check the ballot to see which ones are on it, voting accordingly.

Starting off by first looking at the list of nominees can get one mired down.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 07:26:03 PM »
You know, sir, next year I think I'll stress something about what one should do, when it comes to voting, but first I must say that this year's Top Ten is the most solid slate ever awarded, not an outlier in any of it.

It's a first-rate, top-notch, tip-top, first-class slate.

I think the best "strategy" for voting, especially if a ballot's long, is for one to first consider the primitives he remembers the most, and then check the ballot to see which ones are on it, voting accordingly.

Starting off by first looking at the list of nominees can get one mired down.

I think I had OS in my Top 10.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.