Author Topic: Amber sees a new pyschiatrist - advised to get a cat  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Amber sees a new pyschiatrist - advised to get a cat
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018555718
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018555710

Both threads for content:

Wed Jan 15, 2014, 02:07 PM

Lady Freedom Returns (6,555 posts)

WOW! I got a lot done before noon today! All good too!

First was an early morning meeting with my health team in the program I am in. Got to meet my new case manager. She will be the one to help keep me active and watch for signs of increasing depression. We will be seeing a lot of each other.

My physician says the latest x-rays show good results and he sees no reason to not clear me to start ultra sound treatments in Feb.

And I got to take a look at my apartment this morning too! I is a lovely studio with WiFi access. They have repainted all the walls with a nice, very light tan. And since I happen to mention that I was not a big fan of carpeting, they went with just keeping the lovely wood floor. They usually replace it every time someone moves out, but they decided not with what I said in our first meeting. I can not be more pleased!

The complex has a pool and a newly remodeled laundry. All the machines are new.

This place has a bus stop right in front and it is three blocks from a grocery store, two really. And in the opposite direction , just two block from my Doctor offices and pharmacy.

I am having a great day! I hope some of these good vibes I am having can get picked up by everyone on the Board! Everyone deserves to feel this good!

again with the quack medicine

Response to Aristus (Reply #3)

Wed Jan 15, 2014, 02:22 PM

4. Thank You!

tomorrow I get to go to the warehouse to see my furniture. To make sure I like it!

Sure you will ^.

Wed Jan 15, 2014, 02:19 PM

OH, forgot to mention this: My therapist wants to see about getting me a cat!

Last edited Wed Jan 15, 2014, 02:20 PM - Edit history (1)

She thinks that a cat is a good thing for me. It will help to keep me calm at home. It would give me something to look after and keep occupies when I have down time. That way when I am there alone, I have something to help keep me from climbing the wall.

She also says that I can learn a lot from a cat.

She got the idea from the reports on how I reacted when the cat at the place I am staying hangs around me and how I get a little edgy when he is not.

I'm not sure how it will work out, but it would be nice to have a little friend. I have always been a dog person, but willing to give it a shot.

I bet she forgot to mention her alt. Girl is whacked.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Amber sees a new pyschiatrist - advised to get a cat
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:57 PM »
That poor cat.  It should be illegal to recommend pets to crazy people.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »
And since I happen to mention that I was not a big fan of carpeting, they went with just keeping the lovely wood floor. They usually replace it every time someone moves out, but they decided not with what I said in our first meeting.

No they only replace the carpet when the blood stains don't come out, or the carpet was infested with vermin.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 10:18:05 PM »
Most places where deadbeats are given free furnished apartments and free wi-fi and gorgeous flooring and new furniture encourage pets. They get free pets, free pet food, and free veterinarian services.

I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to pull up stakes and move to Tucson. Can you imagine how well they must treat people who work?

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »
So let me get this straight.  Any person who is homeless can just get into an apartment that's been repainted, a nice floor, has WiFi, and she's able to have a pet?  

Sum Ting Wong here.  Very, very wrong.  

Why are there so many homeless people if they can be treated so well?  Is Amber lying or has she gone completely cray-cray and this is a new mental institute she's being forced into, which she has convinced herself is an "apartment"?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
I wonder if she has a ten-year-old AZ drivers license and lied about being homeless to get some extra bennies after floating back into town in September.

I wouldn't put it past her.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:31:37 PM »
I wonder if she has a ten-year-old AZ drivers license and lied about being homeless to get some extra bennies after floating back into town in September.

I wouldn't put it past her.

She never learned to drive.  That was on her bucket list for when she got to Arizona.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
She never learned to drive.  That was on her bucket list for when she got to Arizona.
Oh good Lord.  She's even more useless than I imagined.  Who the hell doesn't know how to drive?

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:41 PM »
Oh good Lord.  She's even more useless than I imagined.  Who the hell doesn't know how to drive?

She blamed her dad for never teaching her.  I wonder why Dave didn't teach her.  Oh wait, he probably never owned a car.

Maybe Knightrider will teach her how to ride a bike.  :rofl:
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 10:46:23 PM »
I say she is still living under a bridge at a flood canal.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:20 PM »
She blamed her dad for never teaching her.  I wonder why Dave didn't teach her.  Oh wait, he probably never owned a car.

Maybe Knightrider will teach her how to ride a bike.  :rofl:
Yeah, that'll happen.  She'll dump the clutch and wind up in a tree somewhere. :rofl:

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 10:51:39 PM »
It is a DUmmie were referring to here, so I think this is a fair question:

Is it possible Lately Forgotten Rerun thinks that this professional can shrink her?

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline JLO

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »
 Is Amber lying or has she gone completely cray-cray and this is a new mental institute she's being forced into, which she has convinced herself is an "apartment"?

Is it possible that the cat will be UGP and they are sharing space at the looney bin?
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 10:56:08 PM »
Not a problem. I'm pretty sure in Tucson they give you free driving lessons and then a free car.

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 11:00:19 PM »
Amber's kat...

Gotta keep state expenses down... :-)
Vader Rules!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 01:59:57 AM »
And since I happen to mention that I was not a big fan of carpeting, they went with just keeping the lovely PLYwood floor.
Translation-----easier to hose the vomit off floor.
My sympathy meter for her dropped to zero a couple weeks ago.
I hope Chief Running Drugs uses her as a transport method so he can beat her like a rented mule.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline hillneck

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 06:46:21 AM »
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 02:19 PM
OH, forgot to mention this: My therapist wants to see about getting me a cat!

Motorcycle girl isn't going to like her petting another kitty.    :-)
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 06:49:51 AM »
Amber takes the first step to her new life as Tucson's Crazy Cat Lady.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 06:54:29 AM »

Motorcycle girl isn't going to like her petting another kitty.    :-)

The truth of the thing: The Tucson Tart told her shrink about her new GF, the Bike Dyke, and the shrink recommended that she "get a new *****".
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »
The truth of the thing: The Tucson Tart told her shrink about her new GF, the Bike Dyke, and the shrink recommended that she "get a new *****".

H5 for GMTA. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 07:31:55 AM »
tomorrow I get to go to the warehouse to see my furniture. To make sure I like it!

OK now look.  Her little tale just overreached with this one.  Just stop it Amber.  This is not happening.  There is no program anywhere in the world that provides for all of this.  The closest is Section 8, where you get a true shithole, the crappiest apartments in town with the most loathsome neighbors. 

This was bobolink's fantasy, to have a free, beautiful house with sumptuous furnishings just exactly to her liking.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »
OK now look.  Her little tale just overreached with this one.  Just stop it Amber.  This is not happening.  There is no program anywhere in the world that provides for all of this.  The closest is Section 8, where you get a true shithole, the crappiest apartments in town with the most loathsome neighbors. 

This was bobolink's fantasy, to have a free, beautiful house with sumptuous furnishings just exactly to her liking.

Precisely why I'm now firmly convinced that Amber Hoyt never left Joplin, MO.

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline lastparker

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 07:47:07 AM »

Could not agree more.  :argh:
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 07:49:26 AM »

Duhhh, I will love him and pat him and hug him and squeeze him.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 08:18:10 AM »
Duhhh, I will love him and pat him and hug him and squeeze him.

:thatsright: :thatsright:

Really now I do support stress dogs for our homeless vets, however a stress cat ???

Will Amber even think of cleaning the litter box every few days?   Will she remember to feed the cat, all is well for a stressed individual with a cat wandering about a nursing home, the patients don't have to feed or clean up after them.

I would no more advise Amber  to get a cat then I would suggest she become a foster Mom to children.